Apologies for the downtime

Roel
Founder

Apologies for the downtime

#1 » Post by Roel » 22 May 2016 09:45

Our host provider detected a physical problem with our server and had to fully reboot it. Unfortunately this was at an inconvenient time and we didn't have any admins available to restart our game services sooner, resulting in about 4 hours downtime. Luckily this is the first time in over 3 years that we had such a problem.

Grashopa

Re: Apologies for the downtime

#2 » Post by Grashopa » 22 May 2016 15:00

Last night my wife was on a camping trip with her girl friends so I was going to pull an all nighter once the kids were in bed. (My goal was to get from level 13-20). Unfortunately, after just a few hours (and a few mountain dews) the server went down while I was in the middle of my run through wetlands.

I stayed up two extra hours hoping the server would come back up. Unfortunately it didnt. I decided to set an alarm, get a couple hours of sleep and play a few hours before the kids awoke. I was able to get on this morning and reach my goal.

So that is my story. I appreciate this server, it's vision and the people who run it. Just wish there was some kind of communication of what was going on and/or an eta for the sever to be back. It was great that you were able to get the server going again in the middle of the night (NA)/early morning (EU).

Its good to hear that this is something that never really happens (for such a long amount of time anyways) just unfortunate that it happens on the worst possible night for me. Probably could've made 22 (or more) had I not had to take a 5 hour break right in the middle.

Jiranthos
Admin

#3 » Post by Jiranthos » 22 May 2016 15:15

Grashopa wrote:Last night my wife was on a camping trip with her girl friends so I was going to pull an all nighter once the kids were in bed. (My goal was to get from level 13-20). Unfortunately, after just a few hours (and a few mountain dews) the server went down while I was in the middle of my run through wetlands.

I stayed up two extra hours hoping the server would come back up. Unfortunately it didnt. I decided to set an alarm, get a couple hours of sleep and play a few hours before the kids awoke. I was able to get on this morning and reach my goal.

So that is my story. I appreciate this server, it's vision and the people who run it. Just wish there was some kind of communication of what was going on and/or an eta for the sever to be back. It was great that you were able to get the server going again in the middle of the night (NA)/early morning (EU).

Its good to hear that this is something that never really happens (for such a long amount of time anyways) just unfortunate that it happens on the worst possible night for me. Probably could've made 22 (or more) had I not had to take a 5 hour break right in the middle.
Sorry for your lost opportunity, unexpected accidents like this happen (rarely), no one could have expected it and prevented it.

Everybody knows that the best way to describe the ocean to a blind man is to push him in

Grashopa

#4 » Post by Grashopa » 22 May 2016 19:17

I am not that worried about it. Like you said, this stuff can't be presicted. The timing was just the worst it could have possibly been for me. It was probably for the better, otherwise I may not have gotten any sleep at all and the kids would be wreaking havoc right now.

Kniteknite

#5 » Post by Kniteknite » 23 May 2016 03:32

As fate would have it , I missed the downtime (however brief) and logged in successfully after voting, having read previous Count to A Million posts yesterday, as I like to post there after I vote. Thanks again for a great server. Nothing is perfect, and I feel fortunate We at BC had the opportunity to make the exodus here. Thanks again Roel. ~(Kk~ :)
" French fries are like steaks, where the potato is the cow and gets cut up, like meat does, only on a smaller scale. "

mcheka

#6 » Post by mcheka » 23 May 2016 04:40

i want my money back give pls
Aurelian the Immortal
<Massive Forearms>
Danuvius of Inquisition

Dymond
Senior Game Master

#7 » Post by Dymond » 23 May 2016 12:30

No refunds sorry!