PrimalWoW Transfers from Nostalrius

Nyeriah

PrimalWoW Transfers from Nostalrius

#1 » Post by Nyeriah » 09 Apr 2016 03:22

Hello,

Seeing the eventual shutdown of the vanilla server Nostalrius, we'll be taking action so these players don't have their entire progress lost. With this we'll be giving them a starting point if they wish to try out our PrimalWoW server.

Eventually, it's convenient to leave it as a reminder that PrimalWoW is a progressive realm (running on a WotLK emulator). It's an entirely new concept which certainly should be fun to try out.

Since PrimalWoW runs on a WotLK environment EMULATING Vanilla, we won't be able to provide, unfortunately, 1:1 transfers to Nostalrius players. They'll follow the compensation method.

We still don't have the transfer templates ready, but Nostalrius players can already start submitting transfers. We'll validate them and process them as soon as we are able.

More information will be given in the next following days.

Check PrimalWoW's release thread [ HERE ]. It holds important information about the realm.

IMPORTANT
- All of the current transfer requests from Nostalrius will be processed on PrimalWoW. If you wish to transfer to TrueWoW instead, contact a staff member so we can reject your transfer before it's processed.

Eail

Re: PrimalWoW Transfers from Nostalrius

#2 » Post by Eail » 11 Apr 2016 05:36

Will transfers to Primal ever be allowed from other servers beyond the Nost situation currently going on, or is this going to be more of a one time only thing?

Nyeriah

#3 » Post by Nyeriah » 11 Apr 2016 06:08

It hasn't been discussed what other servers would be allowed but yes, that's definitely going to be the case. From the point I see it, Primal is still quite fragile so we'll need to be extra careful with choosing these realms so it remains fair to everyone.

Sapilas

#4 » Post by Sapilas » 11 Apr 2016 15:41

When will the transfering process from Nostalrius start? Got any clue about it?

neoxblazters

#5 » Post by neoxblazters » 11 Apr 2016 18:52

This is rather off topic, I have an account from the Old Tru-wow server, not to be confused with Truewow.

If i'm not mistaken, Tru-wow got taken down by blizzard in 2012.
They sent every character to Crooges wow. (I stopped playing because they server died)

Crooges wow population : 2-6 players (10-20) at its peak.

Since True WoW allow transfers and is blizlike.. No donation rewards etc I've sent a request for transfer.
I hope that it will be taken into consideration as this would mean the world to me., Joining an active server with my very first character that I created. (Just like old days haha) ;)

evanna04

#6 » Post by evanna04 » 12 Apr 2016 15:21

Since Nos is officially shut down, are you still able to process transfers from Nos to Primal even though you cannot log into them? I haven't seen any update to this topic and if you go into the character transfer area it asks for your login and password to Nos which we know won't help anyone at this point. I have general screenshots of my character login screen as well as gear screenshots of my characters if that might help.

.koljo

#7 » Post by .koljo » 12 Apr 2016 15:25

evanna04 wrote:Since Nos is officially shut down, are you still able to process transfers from Nos to Primal even though you cannot log into them? I haven't seen any update to this topic and if you go into the character transfer area it asks for your login and password to Nos which we know won't help anyone at this point. I have general screenshots of my character login screen as well as gear screenshots of my characters if that might help.
you will probably recieve compesation character rather than existing copy of your nost char.I ve read that somewhere on forums so you can try to find that post. Good luck and welcome

Katakuna

#8 » Post by Katakuna » 12 Apr 2016 16:43

Slowly getting worried that i didn't try to put my transfer from Nost in time.. The server is shut down and I dont think im gonna get my original druid back.. So.. These Compensation characters will be in play in place from all of the other characters that were ruined because of Blizzard?
"I tear my heart open, I sew myself shut
My weakness is that I care too much
And my scars remind me that the past is real
I tear my heart open just to feel"

~Papa Roach - Scars

oooooooooolde
Donor

#9 » Post by oooooooooolde » 12 Apr 2016 17:32

Well, when nost is releasing their database and server files they should be accesable for devs to go check your accounts :)

cutix3

#10 » Post by cutix3 » 12 Apr 2016 19:42

Account databases would never be shared/released publicly, Could only be shared if there's an agreement between two servers to exchange accounts.

Seeate

#11 » Post by Seeate » 13 Apr 2016 00:34

I quite literally dinged 60 on my Hunter on Nostalrius a couple of days before the shutdown was announced. It would be very much appreciated if he could be revived on Primal in any form.
At the moment I'm enjoying running about with my little feral Druid.

Thanks for offering us a new home TW! :)

belendor

#12 » Post by belendor » 13 Apr 2016 00:38

Seeate wrote:I quite literally dinged 60 on my Hunter on Nostalrius a couple of days before the shutdown was announced. It would be very much appreciated if he could be revived on Primal in any form.
At the moment I'm enjoying running about with my little feral Druid.

Thanks for offering us a new home TW! :)
When i came to truewow back in 2010. I dinged 80 on my first wotlk private server called World of oppurtunities which was shut down 2 days later, understand your situation completely!
Belendor lvl 80 prot/holy paladin - The original

No need to mention the other paladins.

Best word in west flemish 'toetoet'

resamar

#13 » Post by resamar » 13 Apr 2016 21:10

Where do i go/how do i fill out a character transfer from nost? i go to the transfer management page and theres nothing there to click on. just lists. please help, i miss my nost family! Q.Q lol

Nymunne
Former Staff

#14 » Post by Nymunne » 13 Apr 2016 21:53

resamar wrote:Where do i go/how do i fill out a character transfer from nost? i go to the transfer management page and theres nothing there to click on. just lists. please help, i miss my nost family! Q.Q lol
For transfers just go at this link: http://www.truewow.org/transfer and if you scroll down you will see "request a transfer tab", however since Nost is shut down now I don't know how we will gather the information we need. :(

There are some players who managed to submit a transfer before the server shut down and we need to be able to log in the server to check characters out. In any case you for transfers just scroll at the page and you will see "request a transfer" then just fill in the form.

evanna04

#15 » Post by evanna04 » 14 Apr 2016 12:06

On April 30th Nost is releasing their data. Before then they'll give players the option of signing up to release their indvidual character data as well. http://forum.nostalrius.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=43600