Report bug abusers here

Tuffeyy

Re: Report bug abusers here

#61 » Post by Tuffeyy » 25 Apr 2011 17:54

As for as im aware off Death Gripping a Tank in SotA is bug abusing. Below is a SS of Otto doing it.

He has done it various times in BG's but this is the only clear SS i got off him in action:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Is this allowed becacuse when it is done multiple times by DK's it is very hard to attack the gates efficiently

Stryke

#62 » Post by Stryke » 25 Apr 2011 18:03

SotA is very bugged atm anyways. But yes, Tanks should be immune to any movement slowing effect & grips.

Raz

#63 » Post by Raz » 25 Apr 2011 18:10

I confirm the Otto abusing deathgrip...I was in the tank...Theres also mage slowing,palladin and DK speed stacking on the vehicles making em faster than the player...so u cannot attack the vehicle if ur meele till it stops at the gates...and u cannot mount cuz ur in combat most of the time...Best solution is to close it cuz if u have 3 dks in the party its almost impossible to destroy the gates if they DG u back and canons destroying you...Concerning Otto...he knows its abuse noone is that stupid not to....so whatever u do with him is fine by me...even nothing but SOTA should be closed for all brackets

Vasho

#64 » Post by Vasho » 25 Apr 2011 20:28

Dzhastin with the Runescroll of Fortitude buff in 10-19 wsg. It's not supposed to affect levels low levels at all when used.

Cover25

#65 » Post by Cover25 » 26 Apr 2011 00:13

Yes it is, it even works on retail (tested)

Vasho

#66 » Post by Vasho » 26 Apr 2011 01:06

Well you seem to be a bad tester, I just logged onto my retail toon and tested it out with a IRL friend and he didn't gain any kind of buff.

Cover25

#67 » Post by Cover25 » 26 Apr 2011 01:34

http://old.wowhead.com/item=49632#comments

"This Scroll does not scale down with players who are to low level, like the normal priest buff do. The player who is to low level will not get any buffs from this Runescroll at all. Tested it out on a level 39 just for fun." Cata=/=3.3.5a.

Vasho

#68 » Post by Vasho » 26 Apr 2011 01:38

Your post just proves my point cause I had already read the wowhead comments about the runescroll.

Cover25

#69 » Post by Cover25 » 26 Apr 2011 01:41

What you dont understand is, Cata could of adjusted that. Doesnt mean its exactly the same. It was tested as i said in 3.3.2 ( i think it was.)

EDIT: it does not say it scales down to level. If this is bug abuse many a people have done this, and i even asked in .gmn once if it was bug abuse they said no.

Vasho

#70 » Post by Vasho » 26 Apr 2011 01:45

Yes but I don't think they will change it to affect low levels and then change it back in the next expansion. It gives a level 80 buff, using a normal buff from a 80 on a 19 will scale down to a version that is within ten levels i believe, not likely the scroll should be any different when its only usable by a 80 in the first place.

Cover25

#71 » Post by Cover25 » 26 Apr 2011 01:56

Vasho i just tested this on a lv 1 and they had 1.6K hp. With no other buffs or gear. TBH we would need a solid Confirmation that its bugged. For now, i will stop using it on anyone under 80.

Intervention
Former Staff

#72 » Post by Intervention » 26 Apr 2011 05:12

In regards to SoTA bug abuse, there's so many bugs that you don't even know what is a bug or not a bug. And SOTA is all closed now i think so no ban for him.

@Stryke Tanks can be slowed but can't be 'stopped'. Things such as posion and mage slows work.

As for the buff in WSG i'm not sure, i will do some testing and stuff on this server.

@Vasho Don't test on Cataclysm, many things have changed and even weekly hotfixes on Tuesday can effect it, it can't be trusted, just refer to WoWhead or other 3.3.5 servers i guess.
Chicken, Fried Chicken
Send me mail in-game or a PM if you need to contact me!

Kraith
Former Staff

#73 » Post by Kraith » 26 Apr 2011 06:15

Yeah, I'm not going to give out bans for SoTA since it was so bug-ridden. I read on wowhead that the runescroll should not work below X level, but it didn't say what that lvl should be. =P So it does appear bugged.
Kraith - RIP Maelstrom - 80 Troll Huntard
Retired GM, Inactive from game/forum

Stryke

#74 » Post by Stryke » 26 Apr 2011 11:23

Cover25 wrote:http://old.wowhead.com/item=49632#comments

"This Scroll does not scale down with players who are to low level, like the normal priest buff do. The player who is to low level will not get any buffs from this Runescroll at all. Tested it out on a level 39 just for fun." Cata=/=3.3.5a.
Stick your mouse over the link:
"Requires Level 80"
This means the use & buff shouldonly be for lvl 80s

Cover25

#75 » Post by Cover25 » 26 Apr 2011 13:06

Stryke wrote:
Cover25 wrote:http://old.wowhead.com/item=49632#comments

Stick your mouse over the link:
"Requires Level 80"
This means the use & buff shouldonly be for lvl 80s
The use not to be applied to.