How to start to play on TrueWow

Longi

How to start to play on TrueWow

#1 » Post by Longi » 10 Mar 2015 03:29

How to Connect to Our Server

Hello and welcome to TrueWoW -- home of the TrueWoW and PrimalWoW realms! This will serve as a step-by-step guide to connecting to our realms.

1. Download the Wrath of the Lich King (3.3.5a) client
We do not use a patched version of the WotLK client so anywhere that you can obtain the base (no custom patches) version of the game, it should be perfectly fine to use here. If you already have the client from playing elsewhere, you can move on to the next step! If not, we provide torrent and zip file links on our Downloads page. If you feel that the download page links do not work, please create a topic in the General Support forum and staff will investigate, updating the available links if necessary.

2. Update your realmlist
Locate the file "realmlist.wtf" inside your WoW folder. It is usually inside the Data folder, in subfolder enUS or enGB (depending on your client locale). You can open realmlist.wtf using any plain text editor, such as Notepad. You will want to edit the text inside this file to have a single line saying "set realmlist logon.truewow.org". Save the file, and close it.

3. Create a forum account
On TrueWoW, we use a double-account based system. The first account you will need to create is a forum account. Forum accounts are used to post on the forums, as well as access and manage content related to your in-game accounts (ie. Recovering lost passwords, buying vanity items). You can create a forum account by hovering over the person icon at the right of the navigation bar on the top of the website, and clicking Register at the bottom.

You may read our Terms and Conditions, and you will need to click "I agree to these terms" to move forward. You will then need to enter:
  • A public username for the forums
  • Your email address
  • A password
  • Confirmation of your password
  • Your preferred language
  • Your timezone (for post date/time adjustment)
Click the checkbox to prove you aren't a robot and then click submit to complete the form.

4. Create an in-game account
On TrueWoW, we use a double-account based system. The second account you will create is the one used to log into the game itself. Log into your forum account first, and head to the Account Manager. It is available under the Account heading on the navigation bar. The second box down on the left can be used to create a new game account, and automatically link it to your forum account so you can buy vanity items or recover your password if necessary in the future. We highly recommend that you choose the WotLK expansion option, as this option will NOT automatically update as new content is released on PrimalWoW. This will not change anything about the available progression content on PrimalWoW. Click the Create and Link button.

5. Log into the game!
Open your client downloaded in Step 1, or reopen it if it was already opened when you performed Step 2. Enter the username and password you created in Step 4 (NOT Step 3, and do NOT use your email address to log in). Click submit and you should be able to access the character selection screen. If you are not defaulted to the realm you want to play on, click the Change Realm button in the top right corner. Remember that TrueWoW is the PvP realm with fully-released Wrath content. PrimalWoW is the PvE realm that is undergoing an emulated progression from the start of Vanilla up to end of Wrath.

Welcome to TrueWoW, from all our staff and players to you!

We hope you enjoy your time here. Please be sure to say hello and let someone know if you need anything while you're here. :)
Last edited by Longi on 01 Apr 2016 05:18, edited 23 times in total.

Fastor

Re: How to start to play on TruWow

#2 » Post by Fastor » 10 Mar 2015 03:39

Well done!

Arockalypse
Donor

Re: How to start to play on TruWow

#3 » Post by Arockalypse » 10 Mar 2015 03:48

Truwow was a TBC server.
Shadow Council of Hellraisers
TrueWoW member since 2010.

⌁ How the little piggies will grunt when they hear how the old boar suffered ⌁

Longi

Re: How to start to play on TrueWow

#4 » Post by Longi » 10 Mar 2015 03:59

thanks for correct :)

Fastor

#5 » Post by Fastor » 10 Mar 2015 04:10

Hm, been thinking. Maybe change following

→Set password for the Game (DO NOT SHARE your password with anyone, TrueWow will never ask for your password)
→Set password for the Game (DO NOT SHARE your password with anyone, TrueWow Staff will never ask for your password)

And instead video, maybe create another screen shot due to reason that its video for other server and that buy use Notepad++ while regular one could do same.

Longi

#6 » Post by Longi » 10 Mar 2015 04:27

thanks for tips, password part done + added utorrent link for mac users + color treatment + added quide for Linux players... about realmlist, I ll try to make something with it when I come back home from work :)

Longi

#7 » Post by Longi » 11 Mar 2015 01:46

added realmlist part, a little more color treatmen, resize mac pic and few more download links ... :)

Nyeriah

#8 » Post by Nyeriah » 11 Mar 2015 02:41

Moving to general information, thank you

Fastor

#9 » Post by Fastor » 11 Mar 2015 10:44

Request replacing this link,

with this guide due to reasons. Also move "New To Server" part to top above Server Info.

Longi

#10 » Post by Longi » 12 Mar 2015 01:11

good idea ,,, that " New to theserver ?" part is a little useless in my opinion :D

Etro
Honorary Member

#11 » Post by Etro » 15 Mar 2015 23:58

Fastor wrote:Request replacing this link,

with this guide due to reasons. Also move "New To Server" part to top above Server Info.
+1
longi wrote:good idea ,,, that " New to theserver ?" part is a little useless in my opinion :D
I think you just contradicted yourself right there. Why would you think it is a good idea to move the "New To Server" part above "Server Info" if you think it is useless? Also, I don't agree with that. I find it is a quick link reference to get started in our server. I even think we should add a FAQ there and the "Transfer a Character" link should be fixed.

Also, great guide.
"With life, no matter what you do, you are all in. This is going to kill you. Might as well play the most magnificent game you can while you're waiting, because... Do you have anything better to do? Really?"

Longi

#12 » Post by Longi » 16 Mar 2015 00:12

well .. I didnt mean to move there but as Fastor said replace with something more helpfull, coz if you go there you will find 16 pages about .. hmm about nothing :) so if some new ppl come, they look at link, they will click and ... you know what i mean. That guide is not best + my grammar sucks :D there is many things you can change or do better

Fastor

#13 » Post by Fastor » 16 Mar 2015 05:08

That topic there is ancient and wrong just as a torrent i been thinking to replace due...well gonna open new topic for that but first I need to talk with Nye and atleast 10 seeders we currently have.

LadyScorpio

#14 » Post by LadyScorpio » 03 Mar 2016 05:45

tried opening the game and it said i need to update.. do i still have to patch it?

Edit: i just looked and there is no wow.exe file in the one i downloaded from truewow

mcheka

#15 » Post by mcheka » 03 Mar 2016 09:10

There should be a wow.exe. If there isn't maybe someone will post a direct link to it here somewhere. Also make sure to use your created account name, not the email that it's registered to. If you use the email at the login screen (if you even make it that far), it will try to update.
Aurelian the Immortal
<Massive Forearms>
Danuvius of Inquisition