Training Dummies

Rehan

Training Dummies

#1 » Post by Rehan » 13 Nov 2013 21:17

Opening with Garrote on a training dummy will not apply the debuff, I think it might have to do with the instantly-getting-out-of-combat-when-you-stop-attacking thing, since Garrote requires stealth unless you shadowdance.

Folkk

Re: Training Dummies

#2 » Post by Folkk » 14 Nov 2013 14:58

Rehan wrote:.. it might have to do with the instantly-getting-out-of-combat-when-you-stop-attacking thing..
Yep , the dummy gets out of combat very fast.

Given that I tried some stuff to make garrote apply and this macro makes it work properly :D :

Code: Select all

/startattack
/cast Garrote
You can now test your dps in assa and combat spec if you wish to start with garotte.
Folkk -Subtlety/Combat
Fleaks - Discipline/Holy

Rehan

#3 » Post by Rehan » 14 Nov 2013 20:32

folkk wrote:

Code: Select all

/startattack
/cast Garrote
You can now test your dps in assa and combat spec if you wish to start with garotte.
Works just fine with this macro, thanks.

Vaen

#4 » Post by Vaen » 15 Nov 2013 02:56

I want to add that autoattacking training dummies as a warrior will generate you retardedly low amounts of rage which makes dps testing on them not feasible at all.
Vaen - Human Warrior
Verwandlung - Human Lock
Parallel - Human Priest

Follow me on Twitch

Drago

#5 » Post by Drago » 17 Nov 2013 21:35

Hello, basically testing dps as Rdps is really hard since Dots don't even get applied anymore, and with my mage I cannot attack the dummy with Arcane Missiles, I cast it and it does not send them at all cause the dummy resets as soon as I try to shoot it...
What you visualize is what you create around you.
When you visualize something good or bad you will always get it! So better visualize what you really want :-)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Drago - Retribution/Protection Paladin [Main]
Shiftylegs - Restoration/Ballance Druid
Aquanova - Arcane/Fire Mage
Strongtail - Frost/Unholy DK
ImageImage

Devosan

#6 » Post by Devosan » 18 Nov 2013 01:23

Vaen wrote:I want to add that autoattacking training dummies as a warrior will generate you retardedly low amounts of rage which makes dps testing on them not feasible at all.
This one is very annoying.

ItchyVortex

#7 » Post by ItchyVortex » 10 Dec 2013 12:55

Critters also have a similiar bug, if you dont keep them in combat, you can like spam polymorph or devouring plague and it only shows the animation and the debuff isnt applied.
Esunna, Feral Druid | Elainn, Discipline Priest

Nyeriah

#8 » Post by Nyeriah » 10 Dec 2013 13:08

Nothing wrong about critters, they shouldn't attack you, so they reset right after the debuff is applied.