Spirit Healer Bug

chickenbutt
Donor

Spirit Healer Bug

#1 » Post by chickenbutt » 10 Aug 2013 20:59

In BGs with bases, if an opposing faction member captures one of their opponent's bases while a ress timer is going on and cap it when the timer is at 1-0 seconds, this bug seems to occur often.

The bug is:
When this happens, all the ghosts at the graveyard waiting for a ress don't get telported to another base for resurrection. Instead they're left at the graveyard of the base that was captured by the other faction and have to run around as ghosts in the BG and find a capped base of their own faction in order to res.

This is especially a pain in the ass in Eye of the Storm where if this happens with no bases under your faction's control, you can't go back and ress at the BG's original spawn point, as it's up on floating rocks. While at least in AB (and AV, I guess), you can go to the BG's original spawn, either above Stables or below Farm, and then ress there.
Last edited by chickenbutt on 12 Sep 2013 12:16, edited 1 time in total.
:=) My Mini Enhancement Shaman PvE Guide

https://soundcloud.com/open_minded_97/fullat - a punk song I wrote and produced with a friend from music community college in 2019

Powdered

Re: Spirit Healer Bug

#2 » Post by Powdered » 12 Sep 2013 02:38

jump into the void is a quick fix to get back to spirit healer
Ask before you steal signature's (AXXO)

emsy
Former Staff

#3 » Post by emsy » 12 Sep 2013 04:58

Powdered wrote:jump into the void is a quick fix to get back to spirit healer
there's no void in wsg or ab

chickenbutt
Donor

#4 » Post by chickenbutt » 12 Sep 2013 12:43

Powdered wrote:jump into the void is a quick fix to get back to spirit healer
I've never actually tried this, but I will next time it happens, lol. My bad on this one I guess. It's still a bit annoying though. :d
emsy wrote:there's no void in wsg or ab
This is half true as what you said kinda doesn't really matter since (I just ninja edited my original post, sorry lel)

v
chickenbutt wrote:While at least in AB (and AV, I guess), you can go to the BG's original spawn, either above Stables or below Farm, and then ress there.
Also since there's no base system in WSG, that can't really happen.

Also, the bug has another major effect on BGs. The faction that isn't "spirit healer bugged" can use it to a major advantage. Since there's none of the bugged faction out there in the BG, you can cap as many bases and flags as you want with some to practically no trouble.

Anyway, just knowing that you have to run all the way back to a spawn you're not supposed to have to run back to, or having to jump into the void in order to ress properly still turns a lot of people off. It actually causes a lot of the people in the BG to leave sometimes, especially if the game wasn't off to a good start. Since that would lower everyone's chance to help turn the BG around.

It's just a really awful bug for BGing. Then again, BGs are severely imbalanced, lol. They're either a fun way to relax or a painful necessity in order to grind honor for gear. Typically though, the two types of players that have these 'fun BGs', and 'grind BGs' create an awful 'anti-synergy' against each other. This can turn out to be quite a pain or become negative ego boost in PvP. I'm not gonna name any factions here, lol, but seriously. Every PvPer knows what I'm talking about. It's just a pain in the ass, and I'm sure if people bothered to check out these report a bug subforums, they could spam confirms in 9/10 posts here, lol.

Sorry about the wall of text, btw. Just started to smoke again recently, lol.

https://soundcloud.com/open_minded_97/fullat - a punk song I wrote and produced with a friend from music community college in 2019

chickenbutt
Donor

#5 » Post by chickenbutt » 17 Sep 2013 20:43

Update:

Shit just happened to me in EotS and tried jumping into the void. Guess what happened, lmfao.

I jumped down. The "woooooooooooooo-" thing happened and my camera zoomed out really far, exactly like when you fall down the void normally. The thing is, I didn't die, I just landed on the ground(?) and got helplessly stuck down there, lol. Get ".st" back, please dear god...

Jarmen

#6 » Post by Jarmen » 19 Oct 2013 02:27

chickenbutt wrote:Update:

Shit just happened to me in EotS and tried jumping into the void. Guess what happened, lmfao.

I jumped down. The "woooooooooooooo-" thing happened and my camera zoomed out really far, exactly like when you fall down the void normally. The thing is, I didn't die, I just landed on the ground(?) and got helplessly stuck down there, lol. Get ".st" back, please dear god...
Same can happen and if u r alive but extremly rare, then u r doomed to spend bg downstairs :D

On topic: correct me if I am wrong but as far as I remember on GC this issue was fixed.