Raid and dungeon bugs.

Roel
Founder

Raid and dungeon bugs.

#1 » Post by Roel » 14 Jul 2010 13:19

Here is a list of dungeons and raids with known problems. Please post if you discover more, but not all minor problems please...

WotLK raids:

Crusaders' Coliseum: Trial of the Crusader : Anub'Arak spikes and spheres may not function properly at times.
Icecrown Citadel: All bosses opened at all modes except for Gunship.
The Nexus: The Eye of Eternity: Malygos resets the raid on phase 3, phase 1 and 2 work fine. Boss reset will crash the server.
Ulduar: FL works but if you activate the towers they boost all bosses in the courtyard, instead of only him.
- Razorscale works but cant be targeted by melle.
- Ignis works with some achivements are bugged.
- XT is doable, but his heart is not attackable.
- Iron Council works, but doesnt give kill credit.
- Kologarn has some issue with his body being spawned under the bridge i heard.
- Thorim is not doable since his event never starts.
- Mimiron is not doable since the train going to him doesnt work.
- Vezax's door is bugged, he appears to have all his abillitys working.
Vault of Archavon: Open and all the bosses working!
Wyrmrest Temple: The Ruby Sanctum: All mini-bosses working as intended and scripted but Halion does not spawn and is not scripted.

WotLK dungeons:

Azjol-Nerub: Ahn'kahet: The Old Kingdom: The second boss does increased damage, doable with a geared tank and healer. The final boss may bug the raid if the boss fight takes too long.
Crusaders' Coliseum: Trial of the Champion: Closed, bosses not attackable and not scripted
The Culling of Strathholme: In order to complete this dungeon,you need to start the final encounter fast otherwise Arthas disappears. So you need to talk with him once that option is available. Also, you must keep the completed bugged quest in your quest log.

TBC raids:

Sunwell Plateau: has many bugs, not recommended to do this instance
Black Tample: At Illidan he crashes your client during the flight.

TBC dungeons:

Hellfire Citadel: The Blood Furnace: Door to Broggok not opening.

Classic raids:

Blackwing Lair: The door doesn't open making the raid without using a warlock, unable to be gotten to (Make a ticket in-game and a GM can open the door for you).

AQ40: The entire raid, or at least all the trash and the first Boss, after a while respawns, making it very annoying if you wipe as you have to do the whole raid again and very easy to farm rep. Also, the first boss is heavily bugged as most of the mechanics don't work and he seems to do insane damage, not sure if intended, other bosses may have bugs too.

Classic dungeons:

- no bugs :)
Last edited by Intervention on 31 Oct 2012 10:19, edited 43 times in total.
Reason: Azjol-Nerub: Hadronox working now

Intervention
Former Staff

Re: Raid and dungeon bugs.

#2 » Post by Intervention » 22 Aug 2012 07:30

Updated a few.
Chicken, Fried Chicken
Send me mail in-game or a PM if you need to contact me!

Intervention
Former Staff

#3 » Post by Intervention » 24 Aug 2012 11:45

Cleaned.

I have heard lately that a few Alliance and Horde groups have been doing full runs of Ulduar both 10 and 25 man. Could you please report your findings here and please make them as accurate as you can. If you know people that were there but you personally were not, please avert their attention to this forum post so they can give us some more accurate reports regarding Ulduar, thanks.
Chicken, Fried Chicken

Royal

#4 » Post by Royal » 24 Aug 2012 15:42

I have heard lately that a few Alliance and Horde groups have been doing full runs of Ulduar both 10 and 25 man.
Full clear? They just skip to last boss lol... you call it ''workaround'' :D

FL works but if you activate the towers they boost all bosses in the courtyard, instead of only him.

Razorscale works but cant be targeted by melle.

Ignis works with some achivements are bugged.

XT is doable, but his heart is not attackable.

Iron Council works, but doesnt give kill credit.

Kologarn has some issue with his body being spawned under the bridge i heard.

Auriaya fully works.

Hodir fully works.

@Freya, Elder Brightleaf's Sunbeam abillity is bugged, both on him and on Freya when trying hard mode.
Freya's cache drops 25man loot on 10 man.

Thorim is not doable since his event never starts.

Mimiron is not doable since the train going to him doesnt work.

Vezax's door is bugged and you can ''workaround'' thru it, he appers to have all his abillitys working.

Ctun idk :)

Algalion's door is bugged and you can ''workaround'' thru it, he also appers to remain spawned for more then a hour and doesnt need the quest completed to summon him.

Kindzadza
Former Staff

#5 » Post by Kindzadza » 24 Aug 2012 15:54

We tried Algalon on 25 yesterday,took us 20 secs to wipe because 90% of the raid had no clue what to do.I explained the basics ,but huh...

Can you confirm that the bugged door is on 10 only on the current core? I was hoping to get the title from 10 man at least.

Intervention
Former Staff

#6 » Post by Intervention » 24 Aug 2012 16:09

Are those recent bugs royal or from a while ago?

By full run I just meant they are doing whatever bosses they can rather than go for a weekly or whatever. Ulduar is buggy as hell I already know that you can essentially skip bosses.
Chicken, Fried Chicken

Royal

#7 » Post by Royal » 24 Aug 2012 16:33

Are those recent bugs royal or from a while ago?
Both... its mostly old bugs that i knew from doing ulduar before and that i reported before, you could have read them if you were interested back then.

This ones are new tho, i didnt see those before
@Freya, Elder Brightleaf's Sunbeam abillity is bugged, both on him and on Freya when trying hard mode.
Freya's cache drops 25man loot on 10 man.

Vezax's door is bugged and you can ''workaround'' thru it, he appers to have all his abillitys working.

Algalion's door is bugged and you can ''workaround'' thru it, he also appers to remain spawned for more then a hour and doesnt need the quest completed to summon him.
Can you confirm that the bugged door is on 10 only on the current core?
No, it happened randomly when we were suppposed to do the bosses in order up to where we can, so we just went for 1 try at Vezax, im not even sure if the door to Algalon is skipable in the same way, now that people want to skip them and are just after the title as you said, im not interested in Ulduar anymore, i''ll earn it when its reachable normally, wont rush it so i can transfer the achive to another server :)
Ulduar is buggy as hell I already know that you can essentially skip bosses.
First raid related thing you admit of knowing before people abuse it for months and you catch up.

Crysicle
Honorary Member

#8 » Post by Crysicle » 24 Aug 2012 17:39

Kologarn's head disappears after wipe. It reappears when you engage him again, but not where it's supposed to beand instead in the middle of the room. Also if you kill him, there will be invisible units attacking the raid that can only be killed by retri aura and thorns.

XT's heart cannot be damaged.

Sometimes after wiping on the Iron Council, they do not reset properly and follow players to the exit portal and do not reset even when everyone is out of the instance.

Most bugs could be tested in the STR, though i doubt that anyone's willing to do it.
Movies you might not have seen:
Magnolia                                 Mr. Nobody                               Hunger
The Fountain                          Das Experiment                        The Man from Nowhere
Tucker and Dale vs. Evil        Die Welle                                   World's Greatest Dad
Brick                                      Das Leben der Anderen           IP Man
Remember Me                       We Need to Talk About Kevin   Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter… and Spring
Felon                                     Babel                                         Dog Pound

Royal

#9 » Post by Royal » 24 Aug 2012 17:50

Most bugs could be tested in the STR, though i doubt that anyone's willing to do it.
Sounds like work... we would rather skip all that and kill Algalon so we can have the title when we transfer our toons.

narcissa

#10 » Post by narcissa » 24 Aug 2012 22:30

So much bitterness :roll:

Intervention
Former Staff

#11 » Post by Intervention » 29 Aug 2012 05:28

narcissa wrote:So much bitterness :roll:
Yes, i wonder why i still bother sometimes.

Royal wrote:
Sounds like work... we would rather skip all that and kill Algalon so we can have the title when we transfer our toons.
Myself and a few other staff members - Kindzadza, Anoth and more recently Arockalypse go on the STR and test things after each update and i post them, you could have read them if you were interested back then.
Chicken, Fried Chicken

Royal

#12 » Post by Royal » 29 Aug 2012 10:27

Myself and a few other staff members - Kindzadza, Anoth and more recently Arockalypse go on the STR and test things after each update and i post them, you could have read them if you were interested back then.
its mostly old bugs that i knew from doing ulduar before and that i reported before, you could have read them if you were interested back then.
If the things you are finding out are a year old, why do i need to read up on it? You testing those things right now would be the same as some guy would come here and yell ''Hey guys! I invented the wheel just now!'' And what exactly are you testing when each time a bug comes along you are like ''err.. i didnt know that :O it must be new!''

Narcissa, i think you are looking for this

Kindzadza
Former Staff

#13 » Post by Kindzadza » 29 Aug 2012 10:35

We can't spend 24 hours a day to test things around..If you want to discovererbugs,feel free to apply for staff and spend all your time on testing.

Besides that's why the players are here.
You will be nothing more than a tester on this server and everything you do is for educational purposes.
The staff should mostly test something that is not available for other players and of course the bugged quests for the Quest Completer.We have tested Isle of Conquest,Ruby Sanctum,Eye of Eternity,the closed arenas and Wintergrasp now.Also working on the Raf now and something that is a secret.

So give it a break guys,you can easily gather 10 people and check Ulduar..You can discover the bugs better than 1 Game Master going there.

Royal

#14 » Post by Royal » 29 Aug 2012 10:57

We can't spend 24 hours a day to test things around..If you want to discovererbugs,feel free to apply for staff and spend all your time on testing.
Its mostly old bugs that i knew from doing ulduar before and that i reported before, you could have read them if you were interested back then.
I was staff for a bit, but the staff members now are even more of a joke then they were back then (lol just look at who is applying right now and just look at all the inactive mods and how outright braindead most of their applications were, i mean you accepted Matsy's application who had one line saying ''hey im bored, i can has mod again?'', and how long was he active? A week before leaving again? ), and i was also among the first people that were coming on the test realm and reporting things, the fact that you started doing it recently doesnt change the fact that you ignored the option completely before and are now just discovering things again that, if you cared about before, you would have already known.
So give it a break guys,you can easily gather 10 people and check Ulduar
So out of the 25 people in the alliance raid on Ulduar, the only info from that raid that was given out is that ''we would like the title on at least 10 man'' and from the 25 horde raid it was only Animality that said anything remotely usefull. I thought the point is posting the bugs here rather then ''gathering 10 people and checking for yourself'', but i guess if they are here you cant claim you didnt know them when they start being abused in some way.

Kindzadza
Former Staff

#15 » Post by Kindzadza » 29 Aug 2012 11:38

I joined that Ulduar later than the others and from what I've gathered ,first boss is working,Razorscale works too,The robot works,but his heart doesn't.The council is huh no comment there,doable ..their spells seems to work and we didn't try anything else.

I was in 10 few days ago and Razorscale was bugging on last phase (he was flying but there was a notifcation about he being permanently grounded) so we had to re-do it.
Xt same as 25...Council same and Kologarn was bugged too and bugged our raid so we left.