Scarlet Monastery: Cathedral (Ashbringer)

Ryuu

Scarlet Monastery: Cathedral (Ashbringer)

#1 » Post by Ryuu » 25 Dec 2013 19:48

I wasn't entirely sure as to whether this thread would belong here, but since it happens inside the dungeon, I figured this might be the place.

So to begin, I'd just like to note that this is simply something I'd personally love to see, but am aware of the priority of it, as there are many more more important things to take care of.

And now to the bug/problem. Recently ( yesterday actually ) I got my main to level 55 and thus gained access to the creation of a Death Knight, which I was waiting for purely so I could purchace him Corrupted Ashbringer, which then I did. I got my Death Knight to level 60 and was then able to access the Ashbringer and decided to head to Scarlet Monastery: Cathedral, as the weapon has an event in the said dungeon. However, upon entering the dungeon, the weapon has no effect, which I was not surprised of.

For those unaware of the event, youtube it. ( Like Corrupted Ashbringer Scarlet Monastery event or something )

What should happen, is that once you enter the dungeon and you wield the blade, the Scarlets should be friendly to you ( and your party members, should you have any ) and once you get close enough to a Scarlet, they kneel and say several quotes. At the end, as you reach Scarlet Commander Mograine, he turns towards you, noticing you have Corrupted Ashbringer and I believe afterwards, "The Ashbringer", Commander Mograines fathers spirit should appear and they have a short conversation which ends in Daddy Mograine ( Old Naxx boss, replaced by Baron Rivendare in WotLK Naxx, for those who don't know ) then fires a lightning of sorts at his son and he falls down dead. I believe Daddy Mograines spirit then either disappears or says something to you and you should afterwards head to the "secret room", in which you find the undead boss, whom is cleansed(?) by the presence of Ashbringer and is given his human ( or human spirit probably ) form. You may afterwards speak to the now-cleansed human/spirit who said something along the lines of finding Mograine ( Darion Mograine ) from Outland, which however proved false as we see in the Death Knight starter quests.

Sorry for wall of text for such a minor concern and thanks for reading, those who do. :)
It would be nice to see it working some time, but as you've more important things to take care of and handle, there's no need to rush with this. Just hoping one day to see it for myself.

Khazz out! :arrow:
"Esarus thar no'Darador. By Blood and Honour We Serve."

Smiljka

Re: Scarlet Monastery: Cathedral (Ashbringer)

#2 » Post by Smiljka » 25 Dec 2013 21:08

[youtube]m3E6W6-rRGA[/youtube]

and a pro version:
[youtube]_y1sKfhBppQ[/youtube]

Looks sooooo damn amazing :D Knowing the story behind this makes it even more epic!! :D
I'll try to do this on my server, to learn how things work, and if i succeed, i will report here :)
[hide="Characters"]Smiljka - Paladin
Lubenica - Mage
Jagoda - Hunter
Looka - Shaman
Dusica - Warrior
Smiljan - Death Knight[/hide]
"привет )))) " - Mihana
-United We Stand ... Divided We Fall -

alpakturk

Ashbringer

#3 » Post by alpakturk » 25 Dec 2013 21:50

Dude, thank you for this post, cause i was aware of this awesome event and i was levelling for 55 to have a dk and do the same thing :)

It's really nice to find people with similar purposes ;) These events are dreams for the lore lovers and i beg to GM's to fix this problem :cry:

and by the time mate, i am also aware of a event but i am not very certain about the details. I'm sure you would be very very interested about it. My characher is 54 now, maybe we can do it again in sometime, (I'm horde)

The event is based on the subject of forging the Ashbringer. It is occuring in a inn in Southshore. If i am not mistaken, players use Caverns of Time and in an event, they go to southshore inn and there are Alexandros The Ashbringer, Tirion Fordring and those traitors who corrupted the Scarlet after Morgaine's death by his own son Renault. Please inform me if you are interested in, Have a nice day, merry Chirstmas and Happy New Year =)

Smiljka

Re: Ashbringer

#4 » Post by Smiljka » 25 Dec 2013 22:01

alpakturk wrote: The event is based on the subject of forging the Ashbringer. It is occuring in a inn in Southshore. If i am not mistaken, players use Caverns of Time and in an event, they go to southshore inn and there are Alexandros The Ashbringer, Tirion Fordring and those traitors who corrupted the Scarlet after Morgaine's death by his own son Renault. Please inform me if you are interested in.
I was aware of something going on there. I only found Kel'Thuzad talking to his apprentice about some magic :D I will do a little research about this now, I'm interested ^^
alpakturk wrote: Have a nice day, merry Chirstmas and Happy New Year =)
Thanks! You too ! :)
Lubenica - Mage
Jagoda - Hunter
Looka - Shaman
Dusica - Warrior
"привет )))) " - Mihana

Smiljka

#5 » Post by Smiljka » 25 Dec 2013 22:57

I found the event online, and I recognized it from the Lore movie on youtube, Blazer one i think :)
So, I had to go right away to see it :D
At first, there was nothing, no one said a word, but i was SURE that i saw Kel'thuzad speaking! So i did whole dungeon, and came back to him, and ye, he did speak!
And I was excited, ran to Inn, and sadly they didn't speak :( but everyone was there ^^

Here is the video of the event:
[youtube]3dSWs3RdzqE[/youtube]
Lubenica - Mage
Jagoda - Hunter
Looka - Shaman
Dusica - Warrior
"привет )))) " - Mihana

Polkic
Former Staff

#6 » Post by Polkic » 25 Dec 2013 23:10

There is a also a wow fan made movie saga called Tales of the Past. Note: Tales of the Past part 3 is best. As of event it needs some hard core scripting so dont get hopes too high.

Ryuu

#7 » Post by Ryuu » 26 Dec 2013 20:04

Smiljka wrote:Looks sooooo damn amazing :D Knowing the story behind this makes it even more epic!! :D
I'll try to do this on my server, to learn how things work, and if i succeed, i will report here :)

Aye! The very same! It would be so amazing to see this work.. and should it be made to work, I promise to any Alliance ( as I play only Ally myself ) that if/when it would be fixed, I'd take you to the dungeon with my Death Knight, wielding the Corrupted Asbringer! <3

quote="alpakturk"]It's really nice to find people with similar purposes ;) These events are dreams for the lore lovers and i beg to GM's to fix this problem :cry:

and by the time mate, i am also aware of a event but i am not very certain about the details. I'm sure you would be very very interested about it. My characher is 54 now, maybe we can do it again in sometime, (I'm horde)

The event is based on the subject of forging the Ashbringer. It is occuring in a inn in Southshore. If i am not mistaken, players use Caverns of Time and in an event, they go to southshore inn and there are Alexandros The Ashbringer, Tirion Fordring and those traitors who corrupted the Scarlet after Morgaine's death by his own son Renault. Please inform me if you are interested in, Have a nice day, merry Chirstmas and Happy New Year =)[/quote]

Indeed, my friend. It's so nice to see others share mutual intrest. :3
And yes, I've seen the event in the dungeon myself. It certainly is something for lore nerds ( like myself xD ) to see. :)

Merry Christmas and happy new year to you as well! And everyone of course. :)
Polkic wrote:There is a also a wow fan made movie saga called Tales of the Past. Note: Tales of the Past part 3 is best. As of event it needs some hard core scripting so dont get hopes too high.
Aye, by the looks of the event, it certainly wasn't just a small thing to do, however, I remain patient and hopeful nonetheless that it may one day be made to work.
I know of the movie and I've seen it a little bit. Certainly is well done!
"Esarus thar no'Darador. By Blood and Honour We Serve."