Sindragosa [Frost Beacon]

innocentguy

Sindragosa [Frost Beacon]

#1 » Post by innocentguy » 10 Dec 2013 06:50

Pretty sure this is known but since I don't see it here (and I'm bored), I'm reporting it anyway.

There is an issue with Frost Beacon where there is a lag time before the Frost Tombs appear after the 7 seconds of Frost Beacon are over. If anyone goes near someone targeted by Frost Beacon after the 7 seconds but before the tombs are formed, he/she will also get 'tombed'.

Note: This lag time doesn't occur every single time but it does happen now and then.

Issues it causes:

1. Lack of time for positioning of players during Sindragosa's Flight Phase.

It should be noted that the tombs still (thankfully) form before the first Frost Bomb hits. However as you are unable to go near Frost Beacon-ed targets during the lag time, it becomes difficult to position yourself such that you avoid the Frost Bombs. A single Frost Bomb hit is fatal in heroic.

2. Difficulty in positioning Tombs during Sindragosa's Second Phase.

Due to the lag time, some may assume it is safe to go near a Frost Beacon-ed target after the 7 seconds are up without realizing that the Tomb has not formed yet (stupid mistake I know but there are idiots everywhere). Also, the presence of this bug makes things worse.
No one is simply entitled to anything in this world.
Whatever you want, you have to earn, be it money, respect or love.
[/color]
My Innocents:

Innocentguy - Priest ( Shadow / Discipline )
Innocence - Shaman ( Elemental / Restoration )
InnocentIcon - Death Knight ( Blood {Tank} / Unholy {DPS} )
Innocentshot - Hunter ( Marksmanship / Survival )
Innocentone - Druid ( Restoration / Feral {DPS} )
Innocenthope - Paladin ( Retribution / Holy )
~ In the end, Innocence is Brilliant ~

Justicelight
Donor

Re: Sindragosa [Frost Beacon]

#2 » Post by Justicelight » 10 Dec 2013 08:54

This Frost Tomb lag happens if the player marked with Frost Beacon is moving while the Beacon debuff fades.
"I write about the power of trying, because I want to be okay with failing. I write about generosity because I battle selfishness. I write about joy because I know sorrow. I write about faith because I almost lost mine, and I know what it is to be broken and in need of redemption. I write about gratitude because I am thankful - for all of it."

innocentguy

Re: Sindragosa [Frost Beacon]

#3 » Post by innocentguy » 10 Dec 2013 17:42

Justicelight wrote:This Frost Tomb lag happens if the player marked with Frost Beacon is moving while the Beacon debuff fades.
Not all the time.

During the start of Sindy's Flight Phase, she targets 5 people to be frozen. It happens quite often that these 5, after moving to their positions and stoning there, do not get frozen and the rest of the raid ends up having to rush to ensure that they will be behind the tombs when they eventually form.
No one is simply entitled to anything in this world.
Whatever you want, you have to earn, be it money, respect or love.
[/color]
My Innocents:

Innocentguy - Priest ( Shadow / Discipline )
Innocence - Shaman ( Elemental / Restoration )
InnocentIcon - Death Knight ( Blood {Tank} / Unholy {DPS} )
Innocentshot - Hunter ( Marksmanship / Survival )
Innocentone - Druid ( Restoration / Feral {DPS} )
Innocenthope - Paladin ( Retribution / Holy )
~ In the end, Innocence is Brilliant ~