ToC recipes

Leaf

ToC recipes

#1 » Post by Leaf » 05 Nov 2013 00:07

I've been here for about 3 years now and never seen a recipe drop in ToC. I've heard they drop, but according to WoWhead, they should be seen far more often than now. The drops are broken (too few in hard mode) in Ulduar as well, but at least they are fairly common..

Checking out the "current" WoWhead info, the drop rates (not to be confused with chances) seem to be the same for all modes and encounters except 10 normal where they don't drop at all. The rates range from 0.4% to 7% and there seem to be around 17-18 recipes for each faction. If I use an average drop rate of 1.5% * 17.5, it ends up close to 25% so my guess is that every boss should have a 25% chance of dropping a random recipe for the playing faction. Since there are 5 encounters, on average people should get more than one recipe per full, non-10N raid.

The old (3.3.5a) data seems to be gone and IIRC, I looked this up a while ago and remember around 15% drop rate per boss in 10H, 20% in 25N and 25% in 25H.
- Introducing the all new eyePhone 2.0!
[People cheer and take out their money.]
- Dumb bastards.

Doctor_J
Developer

Re: ToC recipes

#2 » Post by Doctor_J » 05 Nov 2013 01:49

Actually believe these have a 1% drop chance from all boss's and these do drop.

The issue is with the fact that the recipes are only seen and rolled for by players with the profession for which they are for.

When master loot is used if the master looter does not have the profession for which the recipe is for then he does not see it so no-one gets it.

Eisen
Donor

#3 » Post by Eisen » 05 Nov 2013 08:23

Doctor_J wrote:When master loot is used if the master looter does not have the profession for which the recipe is for then he does not see it so no-one gets it.
WTB raid leaders who'll take this into consideration when looting D:

Err... so would you be able to AFTER distributing the main loot set it to group loot, just to check if that boss dropped a pattern? It would be really nice to see more of these in the system.
Eisenlicht - Eisenfaust - Shai - Eisenblitz - SyntaxError - Revan - Nugget - Eisen - Necriss - Heka
I SHALL RIDE ETERNAL, SHINY AND CHROME!
bnet: Eisen#2183

Leaf

#4 » Post by Leaf » 05 Nov 2013 13:20

Yeah, well, I suspected as much since the same issue seems to exist in Outland and classic raids. Unfortunately, it also applies to non-BoP recipes!

The simple solution is group loot (for ToC)?
- Introducing the all new eyePhone 2.0!
[People cheer and take out their money.]
- Dumb bastards.

Doctor_J
Developer

#5 » Post by Doctor_J » 05 Nov 2013 14:11

Well think main reason why master loot gets used in toc25 is because of Trinkets since ICC trinkets are highly sought after and hard to get.

I had actually tried looking at this issue several months ago and unlike the recipes which drop in classic and tbc 5 man dungeons which do have condition in database which requires profession for these too drop there are no conditions in db for toc recipes, so it seems similar issue as with the quest items which drop in naxx and onyxia where if you have already done quest you cant see item, and there is actually no conditions in db for those either.

But ye not using ML in toc25 would solve this but as said main reason people use it here is because of trinkets.

Eisen
Donor

#6 » Post by Eisen » 06 Nov 2013 07:38

Well it's not only the trinkets, people have a bad habit of "needing" trophies even though they are already way past that gear level. Also some of the items that drop in toc make up for the missing GS loot (Easier to get a shield in toc than in GS10, right? At least for the moment) which is why I asked if the patterns would still be displayed if you switched it to group loot after ML distributed the main stuff to check if there are patterns. (Hey, more admin, but it's worth it right?)
Eisenlicht - Eisenfaust - Shai - Eisenblitz - SyntaxError - Revan - Nugget - Eisen - Necriss - Heka

Nyaneve

#7 » Post by Nyaneve » 13 Nov 2013 03:30

Well it is odd that the ML cannot see the pattern drop if there is no profession condition required to be fulfilled by the ML. Is it possible that this is simply a visual bug? And would making the patterns BoE (if possible) solve this issue? If so, then Crusader Orbs would actually be used for something other than 6 gold.

Eisen
Donor

#8 » Post by Eisen » 13 Nov 2013 08:05

AFAIK they are boe, I mean I have a ToC leather wrist bracer pattern on my level 70 rogue for the past 10 levels now. Also we tried to change to Group Loot after ML distributed the other loot to check for patterns in a ToGC25 on Monday, but it seems even then only the ML is actually able to "look/access" at the loot. So IF setting it to group loot is the answer, I doubt we'll see many patterns come from 25hc.