Dungeon Finder (mainly at 80)

Leaf

Dungeon Finder (mainly at 80)

#1 » Post by Leaf » 04 Nov 2013 18:45

It still seems to break in such a way that people get stuck in queue and they don't get to enter.

First of all, I read somewhere that when you are in the queue for a random dungeon, it's quite possible to enter one that you are already locked for. Fixing this would also allow a broken group, where someone has left early, to reenter the queue because they wouldn't get the bullshit message about being locked. So what happens if a character gets locked to all dungeons and then joins the queue? Will that break it for everyone?
Also, after a successful run, people leave the group leaving the last character in the instance. The last one still has the eye saying they are in the dungeon finder system. That person then uses the eye to exit the dungeon and, when finished loading, if attempting to rejoin the queue "nothing" happens. The client plays the "joined queue" sound but there's no eye and the interface button still says "Find Group". Does this mean that they joined the queue but will never be able to enter?
Third issue is that if after a dungeon run, people leave the group while others are at the loading screen, the ones that finish loading don't get informed of the party changes (they seem to be in a party of 2-3 people while actually being alone). One has to relog to use DF again.
- Introducing the all new eyePhone 2.0!
[People cheer and take out their money.]
- Dumb bastards.

Bluebell
Former Staff

Re: Dungeon Finder (mainly at 80)

#2 » Post by Bluebell » 04 Nov 2013 19:08

Can you show me where you read your first point please? Because I've never heard of that.
Why join the winning side if you can change the winner?

Doctor_J
Developer

#3 » Post by Doctor_J » 04 Nov 2013 19:34

Dungeon finder does bug out at times for unknown reasons, know when a group finishes the dungeon the last player to leave dungeon gets bugged and has to relog before the server will let the queue for a dungeon again,

But most of the time there is no issue with queue, its because of lack of players queuing as a certain role, usually tank or healer,

Relina

#4 » Post by Relina » 04 Nov 2013 22:04

Using the command " /script LeaveParty() " if you are the last one left in group fixes the party bug, most times.
Truewow: Retired for now.
Peace - Lvl: 80 Paladin

Primalwow: Retired for now.
Relina - Lvl: 70 Paladin

I'm willing to become a stone bridge.
Just...
to catch a glimpse of you passing by.

Leaf

#5 » Post by Leaf » 05 Nov 2013 00:05

Doctor_J, that's why I wrote The client plays the "joined queue" sound but there's no eye and the interface button still says "Find Group". Does this mean that they joined the queue but will never be able to enter?
And since you agree that one must relog to rejoin, there is an issue to fix right there. What happens if someone selects "Find Group" and continues farming rep or just goes AFK for an hour while the queue gets fucked up for all? I see people mentioning in the LFG channel that they need a healer, I join the queue while not being locked to anything and it still doesn't work.. but then maybe they already have someone that is locked to everything, which should work anyway.
- Introducing the all new eyePhone 2.0!
[People cheer and take out their money.]
- Dumb bastards.

Vaen

#6 » Post by Vaen » 05 Nov 2013 01:30

as Peacecraft said, you can leave the group simply by doing /script LeaveParty(), also, if you have done every single heroic that day, dungeon finder won't let you queue because you have no valid instances to queue for, I tried it on my DK about 2 weeks ago.
Vaen - Human Warrior
Verwandlung - Human Lock
Parallel - Human Priest

Follow me on Twitch

innocentguy

#7 » Post by innocentguy » 10 Dec 2013 06:25

Leaf wrote: I see people mentioning in the LFG channel that they need a healer, I join the queue while not being locked to anything and it still doesn't work..
Confirmed that this has happened to me a few times, even while being locked to zero dungeons and having no one on my ignore list. This hasn't happened very much often though.

But yeah dungeon locks and ignore list are usually the reason why there's an issue with the queue in my opinion. Also it works most of the time for me.
No one is simply entitled to anything in this world.
Whatever you want, you have to earn, be it money, respect or love.
[/color]
My Innocents:

Innocentguy - Priest ( Shadow / Discipline )
Innocence - Shaman ( Elemental / Restoration )
InnocentIcon - Death Knight ( Blood {Tank} / Unholy {DPS} )
Innocentshot - Hunter ( Marksmanship / Survival )
Innocentone - Druid ( Restoration / Feral {DPS} )
Innocenthope - Paladin ( Retribution / Holy )
~ In the end, Innocence is Brilliant ~