Mind Control in POS (maybe other dungeons as well)

Rehan

Mind Control in POS (maybe other dungeons as well)

#1 » Post by Rehan » 27 Sep 2013 13:36

So I was doing POS today and we reached Garfrost, once we got there the boss got killed in 3/4 hits by our priest who was Mind Controlling that Ymirjar Skycaller you see in the picture below, I'm pretty sure that is not supposed to happen.
I didn't manage to get a snapshot of it while it was a minion because it all happened so fast but I'm sure you can test this as well, and it's already pretty clear that it was Mind Controlled since it is walking back after the boss got killed with nobody near him.
I am not sure if this could be done in other dungeons but since it can be done in POS it probably can be done in other dungeons as well and it should be looked into.
I will not give away the name of the priest because after I told him that he shouldn't do that he said he won't do it again.

Last edited by Guest on 27 Sep 2013 15:09, edited 1 time in total.

areyoubananas

Re: Mind Control in POS (maybe other dungeons as well)

#2 » Post by areyoubananas » 27 Sep 2013 14:29

3-4 hits? wow, why are you bitching in the first place? he saved you the trouble of killing the boss at the rate of 3k dps you probably pull.looks to me that priest is fucking awesome. Props to you, priest.

Rehan

#3 » Post by Rehan » 27 Sep 2013 21:23

As 'hilarious' as your post is I'm pretty sure Blizzard did not intend priests to be able to 4 hit kill Garfrost.

Blacklustersoldier
Honorary Member

#4 » Post by Blacklustersoldier » 27 Sep 2013 23:31

mind control is a tool that can be used to control humanoids regardless of being normal or elite as long as their level is between 1 and priest level +4. and I HONESTLY do not believe that npc can 4 shot garfrost.... so please do not exagerate :|
RETIRED
Contact info:
[hide]Skype: bone.link90
Battle tag EU: bonelink90#2702
E-mail: bone.link90@yahoo.com
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Mihai.Udrescu90
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198138722978/[/hide]
Char list:
[hide]Blackluster
Katra
Mystral
Sepinia
Shanira
Stasher
Lightluster
Soreya
Dastan
Xeria
Runya[/hide]

Rehan

#5 » Post by Rehan » 28 Sep 2013 11:22

And I would lie about this because? You guys really need to think before you talk.
And this post isn't even aimed at you, it's aimed at the staff, all the non-staff replies on this post should be either "Confirmed" or "Tested, didn't work"

Blacklustersoldier
Honorary Member

#6 » Post by Blacklustersoldier » 28 Sep 2013 16:19

well firstly your report isn't exactly clear... you are reporting that player abused a "broken spell" to make use of "broken mobs" to kill a boss....

3 in 1 like the coffee.... as for "You guys really need to think before you talk." I play a priest and I tried this and never even came close to kill him in 4 hits

furthermore when one makes a report about something, informing material might also be needed, links to the spell, links to the mob, information about both of them, mechanics etc

now because those are missing and I am too lazy to do research because I don't really care how mind controled mobs work, especially since they break from your control if they move more than 20 feet away from you and then attack you untill one of you dies (he can;t be taunted anymore), I will just assume this is normal....
downside to using mind controled mobs ... if the mind controled target does more dmg to an npc than your party/raid/you (as in percentage of dmg) you won't get kill credit or loot from the mob

now your screenshot over there, garfrost is at his 2nd forge, because that's where he is crafting the mace, now if memmory serves me right, it takes about 20-30 seconds to reach that
phase, maybe a bit more so I can't really believe what you are saying there...

maybe I am wrong... it wouldn;t be the first time, but I doubt all the dps in your party just sat there watching 2 npcs battle to the death

it's just my personal opinion and you will probably disagree with it
RETIRED
Contact info:
[hide]Skype: bone.link90
Battle tag EU: bonelink90#2702
E-mail: bone.link90@yahoo.com
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Mihai.Udrescu90
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198138722978/[/hide]
Char list:
[hide]Blackluster
Katra
Mystral
Sepinia
Shanira
Stasher
Lightluster
Soreya
Dastan
Xeria
Runya[/hide]

Bluebell
Former Staff

#7 » Post by Bluebell » 28 Sep 2013 16:54

The forge aspect of the encounter is done at % health of the boss, and is not related to a time scale. You can get him to 33% in one shot and he will go do it instantly, or you can stand there for 30 minutes and if he doesn't get to the threshold, he won't move.

Now regarding the issue at hand:
By Marufrozen (495 – 8) on 2009/12/14 (Patch 3.3.0) Report
If you get the chance to mind control these guys, do it.

:3

Edit: Make sure to tell your group before hand!

Edit2: If you use the Engineering Enchant to your Head and MC these guys, you can do Glacial Strike which will place a dot on any target below 90% hp that does 15% of their life. You can kill any of the bosses in PoS with this in seconds, but I wouldn't recommend doing it since it may get you in trouble >->.
Last edited by Mar
Why join the winning side if you can change the winner?