Killing Machine PPM

Myaoming
Former Staff

Re: Killing Machine PPM

#16 » Post by Myaoming » 26 Dec 2013 23:06

I have considered that the 10-15 (~12.5) DW PPM was based on:
1) 5/5 Killing Machine
2) 2x 2.6 weapons, with the speed reduced to 2.06 by Improved Icy Talons ONLY (0 haste, no haste procs)
3) hitting on a Heroic Dummy (level 83 similar to bosses)
4) with 8% Hit Rating

Made my 5 minutes test, with one difference: 8.72% Hit instead of 8%, a slight overcap, but this 0.72% Hit is very minor compared to the DW Hit Cap which is 24%, therefore it's gonna be ignored. Why a 5 minutes test not 1 minute? So I can exclude an average amount of white misses from the total amount of white hits.

Necrosis count combines white crits, white hits and glancing blows and excludes white misses. 251 successful hits/5 minutes --> an average of ~ 50.2 successful hits/1 minute.
50.2/12.5 = 4.016
100/4.016 = 24.9% which is approximately 25%.

Conclusion:
5/5 Killing Machine means a 25% proc chance --> each point grants 5% proc chance:
1/5 KM = 5% proc chance
2/5 KM = 10% proc chance
3/5 KM = 15% proc chance
4/5 KM = 20% proc chance
5/5 KM = 25% proc chance

^ Logical, isn't it? Blizzard never wanted to make things complicated. That's why you can never ever see a proc chance value with decimals.
Elder Myaoming (aka Slardar): Level 80 Tauren Feral PvE/PvP
Siforosse of the Undercity: Level 80 Undead Affliction Warlock PvP/Demon PvE
Zibuluge of the Ashen Verdict: Level 80 Human Frost DK PvP/PvE
Inverse: Level 80 Human Fire Mage PvP/PvE
Slar: Level 80 Night Elf Resto/Feral Druid PvE

Kengur

#17 » Post by Kengur » 26 Dec 2013 23:34

i think it should be reduced to 4% each point, you didnt cast icy touch so you had 25%haste instead of 45%, but it doesnt matter much :P

Myaoming
Former Staff

#18 » Post by Myaoming » 26 Dec 2013 23:51

To confirm that the above result is a correct one, I must get ~5 PPM if I apply it to the "Two-Handed" case.

I have considered that the 4-6 (~5) Two-Handed PPM was based on almost the same conditions as the ones I mentioned above:
1) 5/5 Killing Machine
2) 1x 3.5 - 3.7 weapon (~3.6), with the speed reduced to 2.78 - 2.94 (~2.86) by Improved Icy Talons ONLY (0 haste, no haste procs)
3) hitting on a Heroic Dummy (level 83 similar to bosses)
4) with 8% Hit Rating.

We all know that the white Hit cap for Two-Handed weapons is 8% on a level 83 target, which means 0 misses.

Useful information: 1 minute = 60 seconds
60/2.86 = 20.97 rounded to 20 because 0.97 isn't a successful hit.
With 5/5 Killing Machine, 25% of those attacks should proc Killing Machine: 25% of 20 = 5 CONFIRMED.

There you go, ~5 PPM for the "Two-Handed" case.
By the way, I got my brother to do the math. I lack logic to do all this. kidding.

Nyaneve

#19 » Post by Nyaneve » 27 Dec 2013 12:35

Slar is correct, and so is his brother's math. PPM weapons and abilities have no cooldown, and are purely based on luck. HOWEVER, just to be on the safe side, we should probably take another look at this. There are basically 2 issues atm -
1) TIME FRAME IS TOO SHORT - We need a significantly larger time frame (say 10 min as it is the above-average boss fight).
2) MORE PEOPLE SHOULD TEST - We need at least 3 or 4 people checking this out and posting their results.
This way, we can see if the original poster is actually right, or is insanely lucky. From Slar's posts, I could not make out whether he actually tested for 2-handed as well, or just got his brother to do the math (no offence intended). Also, from the original poster's posts, I could not make out whether he also tested for dual weild (again, no offence and stuff). So yeah lets all find out together. Since I don't have a DK on the live realm, I'll have to wait till PTR is online.

Myaoming
Former Staff

#20 » Post by Myaoming » 27 Dec 2013 13:43

Nyaneve wrote:or just got his brother to do the math (no offence intended).
Myaoming wrote:By the way, I got my brother to do the math. I lack logic to do all this. kidding.
Myaoming wrote:...all this. kidding.
Myaoming wrote:kidding.
Myaoming wrote:kidding.
^ Normal font size!
Nyaneve wrote:From Slar's posts, I could not make out whether he actually tested for 2-handed as well
Anyway, no. I didn't need to test both. I had to test on one condition (DW for example), and use the results I got to see if it fits the 2nd condition (Two-Handed).
This is the only proc percentage value that can give you an average of 10-15 PPM for DW and an average of 5 PPM for Two-Handed.