Priest [Mind Control]

innocentguy

Priest [Mind Control]

#1 » Post by innocentguy » 10 Dec 2013 07:27

Recently I've encountered an issue where if you Mind Control an add, you start to experience an insane amount of lag.

Also, you become unable to relinquish control of that add (possibly due to the lag but I doubt it).

Experienced this specifically while using Mind Control on Frostwoven Handlers , Darnavan, among others outside of ICC.
No one is simply entitled to anything in this world.
Whatever you want, you have to earn, be it money, respect or love.
[/color]
My Innocents:

Innocentguy - Priest ( Shadow / Discipline )
Innocence - Shaman ( Elemental / Restoration )
InnocentIcon - Death Knight ( Blood {Tank} / Unholy {DPS} )
Innocentshot - Hunter ( Marksmanship / Survival )
Innocentone - Druid ( Restoration / Feral {DPS} )
Innocenthope - Paladin ( Retribution / Holy )
~ In the end, Innocence is Brilliant ~

Eisen
Donor

Re: Priest [Mind Control]

#2 » Post by Eisen » 10 Dec 2013 10:58

The release of it has always been bugged afaik. I've never been able to do that... basically you're a sitting duck if you MC something.
Eisenlicht - Eisenfaust - Shai - Eisenblitz - SyntaxError - Revan - Nugget - Eisen - Necriss - Heka
I SHALL RIDE ETERNAL, SHINY AND CHROME!
bnet: Eisen#2183

innocentguy

#3 » Post by innocentguy » 10 Dec 2013 21:56

Hmmm I used to be able to release though. Was fighting a resto druid in Booty Bay while getting rep with the Bloodsail Buccaneers and we couldn't kill each other, so I resorted to using MC to drop him in the sea. Managed to release and go about my business.

Of course it could be different for PvP and PvE but I used to be able to release control on adds. Can't think of a specific example though. I should test it again.
[/color]
My Innocents:

Blacklustersoldier
Honorary Member

#4 » Post by Blacklustersoldier » 11 Dec 2013 00:19

mind controling an npc for more than 10 seconds will make you unable to release the said npc untill the duration of MC ends... thats because maybe in some weird line in the core, mind control treats npcs as if they were playes, with 10 seconds being maximum duration of mind control on a player whom has no CC reduction effects (correct me if I am wrong)
now if you look at your char 10 seconds after you landed mind control on a mob, you will see that your char is just standing there and NO LONGER channeling mind control .. so basicly mind control should've supposedly broke.. but because npcs are not players they eat the full mind control, but after 10 seconds you are stuck there

ways to remove mind control from mobs is to move the mob as far away as possible from you, more than 30 yards.. that usually breaks OR to release the controled mob withing 10 seconds of landing the spell

another bug present with mind control is if... you MC a mob, and then release it... even if its for 1 second or 10 or one minute, the said NPC will attack the priest untill one of them dies. the said mob can't be taunted by tanks, he doesn't become immune to taunts, they just don't have any effects on him. maybe I am wrong about this being a bug, but I just figured I should throw this out there.
RETIRED
Contact info:
[hide]Skype: bone.link90
Battle tag EU: bonelink90#2702
E-mail: bone.link90@yahoo.com
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Mihai.Udrescu90
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198138722978/[/hide]
Char list:
[hide]Blackluster
Katra
Mystral
Sepinia
Shanira
Stasher
Lightluster
Soreya
Dastan
Xeria
Runya[/hide]

innocentguy

#5 » Post by innocentguy » 11 Dec 2013 07:11

blacklustersoldier wrote:mind controling an npc for more than 10 seconds will make you unable to release the said npc untill the duration of MC ends... thats because maybe in some weird line in the core, mind control treats npcs as if they were playes, with 10 seconds being maximum duration of mind control on a player whom has no CC reduction effects (correct me if I am wrong)
now if you look at your char 10 seconds after you landed mind control on a mob, you will see that your char is just standing there and NO LONGER channeling mind control .. so basicly mind control should've supposedly broke.. but because npcs are not players they eat the full mind control, but after 10 seconds you are stuck there
Ah I see that makes sense =D Thanks for the clarification.
blacklustersoldier wrote: another bug present with mind control is if... you MC a mob, and then release it... even if its for 1 second or 10 or one minute, the said NPC will attack the priest untill one of them dies. the said mob can't be taunted by tanks, he doesn't become immune to taunts, they just don't have any effects on him. maybe I am wrong about this being a bug, but I just figured I should throw this out there.
Yes this is confirmed. Pretty sure it's a bug.
[/color]
My Innocents: