Rogue[Slice and Dice]

Kuroh

Rogue[Slice and Dice]

#1 » Post by Kuroh » 08 Dec 2013 18:06

Hi , i'm really surpised that no one had reported this already , [Slice and dice] : http://www.wowwiki.com/Slice_and_Dice , is currently putting rogues into combat when used however it is not supposed to.

What steps will reproduce the problem?
Stack up some combo points on your target , then , get out of combat , use slice and dice and it will immediately get you into combat ..... when it should not be the case !

Blacklustersoldier
Honorary Member

Re: Rogue[Slice and Dice]

#2 » Post by Blacklustersoldier » 08 Dec 2013 18:58

thats because nobody is using slice and dice when out of combat, that's why nobody reported it...
RETIRED
Contact info:
[hide]Skype: bone.link90
Battle tag EU: bonelink90#2702
E-mail: bone.link90@yahoo.com
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Mihai.Udrescu90
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198138722978/[/hide]
Char list:
[hide]Blackluster
Katra
Mystral
Sepinia
Shanira
Stasher
Lightluster
Soreya
Dastan
Xeria
Runya[/hide]

Kuroh

#3 » Post by Kuroh » 08 Dec 2013 20:03

Is it just me , or you're saying it like it's a bad thing to do ? because i can give you a lot of reasons why this bug should be fixed as soon as possible !

Rehan

#4 » Post by Rehan » 08 Dec 2013 23:08

If you want to SND before sap ur bad.
That's pretty much all the stuff you can't do because of this bug.

Blacklustersoldier
Honorary Member

#5 » Post by Blacklustersoldier » 09 Dec 2013 01:22

how would you even have combo points on a target before engaging it... besides vanishing and reseting the mob.... so... yes it's kinda something completely pointless to do, but I don't play rogue... so what do I know
RETIRED
Contact info:
Char list:
[hide]Blackluster
Katra
Mystral
Sepinia
Shanira
Stasher
Lightluster
Soreya
Dastan
Xeria
Runya[/hide]

Kuroh

#6 » Post by Kuroh » 09 Dec 2013 01:32

Rehan wrote:If you want to SND before sap ur bad.
Could you be more useless than that ?
I assume you've never heard about something called " switching target " i guess you're more of " the tunneling guy " who plays Dk and who keeps hitting the same guy during all the game ! Anyway , as a rogue you need to switch target ,and while doing that you'd like to take advantage of the cps that you already have on your current target by using snd , You can use it while you're LOS-ing then seek to sap and switch target , you can use it just before going in stealth after a full gouge cause after that all you think about is not getting out of stealth / avoiding the enemy aoe , and i can go on and on and on ...
Anyways , i'm new on the serv and i'm not level 80 yet , so i don't know if there are other bugs that need to be fixed more urgently than this " i hope not ^^ " but still i felt like reporting this since no one did !
Gl !

Teal Deer

#7 » Post by Teal Deer » 09 Dec 2013 02:07

you r right.
this server tries to be as blizzlike as possible.
thats why if what you say is true could you find us reliable source saying it is that way as you are saying it is.
then im shure developers will do what they can to fix it.
you must understand thet they have a lot of things to do, but this thing shouldnt be hard to fix.
just find a source and it will be fixed in few days probably.

Rehan

#8 » Post by Rehan » 09 Dec 2013 02:10

Kuroh wrote: Could you be more useless than that ?
I see I touched a soft spot already.

Kuroh wrote:I assume you've never heard about something called " switching target " i guess you're more of " the tunneling guy " who plays Dk and who keeps hitting the same guy during all the game ! Anyway , as a rogue you need to switch target
Rogues tend to be played as a go-in-go-out kind of style, aka assassinate high-priority target and get out. Because of that you tend to be focused a lot therefor you won't survive long enough to "switch target", at least most of the time that is what will happen.

Kuroh wrote:you can use it just before going in stealth after a full gouge cause after that all you think about is not getting out of stealth / avoiding the enemy aoe
Why would you use SND if your only goal after getting in stealth is to not get unstealthed anyway?

I am not saying that this isn't a bug or that it shouldn't be fixed, but you claiming that
Kuroh wrote:this bug should be fixed as soon as possible !
is stupid when there are much more important things to fix, such as content that people actually care about and that don't only affect your controversial strategy of using SND before stealthing instead of after(or while stealthing if you like using premeditation>snd as a sub rogue)

This bug can affect players' playstyles but I don't think it should be as high of a priority as you think it should.

Blacklustersoldier
Honorary Member

#9 » Post by Blacklustersoldier » 09 Dec 2013 03:56

Kuroh wrote:
Rehan wrote:If you want to SND before sap ur bad.
Could you be more useless than that ?
I assume you've never heard about something called " switching target " i guess you're more of " the tunneling guy " who plays Dk and who keeps hitting the same guy during all the game ! Anyway , as a rogue you need to switch target ,and while doing that you'd like to take advantage of the cps that you already have on your current target by using snd , You can use it while you're LOS-ing then seek to sap and switch target , you can use it just before going in stealth after a full gouge cause after that all you think about is not getting out of stealth / avoiding the enemy aoe , and i can go on and on and on ...
Anyways , i'm new on the serv and i'm not level 80 yet , so i don't know if there are other bugs that need to be fixed more urgently than this " i hope not ^^ " but still i felt like reporting this since no one did !
Gl !

ya rehan... shame on you for hitting the same target over and over again untill it dies...

anyway... I assume you meant PVP environment when you mentioned gouge.. because there is no way in hell you can gouge a mob and then stealth, or blind a mob, and then stealth (after 5seconds when combat ends ofc) I've seen THIS scenario working in PVE.... BUT that was back in tbc, and the server was most likely bugged.... here mobs will keep you as their target if you have incapacitated them in one way or another... and at level 80... well assuming you will pvp and go assa spec.... you open on the enemy with stuns, stun him some more, and auto attack him plus a few more things that rogues do... but idc about that

as for pve well... you will find that NOBODY on the server will give a crap about interrupting your sap or gouge or blind on mobs... anyway good luck in your leveling to 80, and hope you join some raids and watch as your perfect idea of a rogue crumbles upon you... here is a hint at lvl 80 you're mostly autoattacking

Teal Deer wrote:you r right.
this server tries to be as blizzlike as possible.
thats why if what you say is true could you find us reliable source saying it is that way as you are saying it is.
then im shure developers will do what they can to fix it.
you must understand thet they have a lot of things to do, but this thing shouldnt be hard to fix.
just find a source and it will be fixed in few days probably.
you mean we will wait for trinity core to fix it, cause from my personal knowledge of what the devs do here, all of them do as much as possible to avoid tinkering with the core
RETIRED
Contact info:
Char list:
[hide]Blackluster
Katra
Mystral
Sepinia
Shanira
Stasher
Lightluster
Soreya
Dastan
Xeria
Runya[/hide]

Nyeriah

#10 » Post by Nyeriah » 09 Dec 2013 05:18

blacklustersoldier wrote: you mean we will wait for trinity core to fix it, cause from my personal knowledge of what the devs do here, all of them do as much as possible to avoid tinkering with the core
Wrong, so very wrong!

We're at our 104th's core commit. They're composed by a considerable miscellanea of things, ranging from achievements, spells, quests, bosses and even useful commands that help our management and improve our customer services. Well, we do with core what we please - read it was what "we can" - in order to achieve our goals.

But to some extents, all of you are right at some moment. Yes, my priority at the moment is toc5 and yes this does seem like something not-so-hard to fix - even thought I hate dealing with spells as nothing really ever. They may seem easy but then when you actually get to it they turn out to be not as easy, which, as you may well know, pisses me off as some turn to be not fixable [by me] at the given moment.

About this issue in question, it's however, an important issue as it causes a very weird - in a bad way - behavior to creatures. Last I tested, they would try to chase the player that got into combat with them no matter how far they were, causing combat locks (popularly known as "combat bug").

Hope this clears up few points.

Regards.

Kuroh

#11 » Post by Kuroh » 09 Dec 2013 12:36

As you know i have a char' to level up , so i'll start by thanking " Teal Deer " :) ( anyone who played on retail can confirm this , and for the most sceptical among us you can just go to Arena tournament and see by yourselves " and wishing Good luck for " Nyeriah " ;)
I see I touched a soft spot already.
The only spot that you touched is the " Bug reports are not a place to show off your trolling skill , if you have something usefull to add , you're very welcome to do so, otherwise stop wasting our time " spot* :)
Rogues tend to be played as a go-in-go-out kind of style, aka assassinate high-priority target and get out. Because of that you tend to be focused a lot therefor you won't survive long enough to "switch target", at least most of the time that is what will happen.
Wrong wrong wrong wrong x10000 , if you weren't so focused on trolling / showing off , you would have noticed that i was talking about arena , 1v2 , bg situations , not a crowd fighting.I would have liked to tell why you're wrong but i prefer to leave you to your " know it all " attitude , it's more fun to watch ^^
Why would you use SND if your only goal after getting in stealth is to not get unstealthed anyway?

Kuroh wrote:
you can use it just before going in stealth after a full gouge cause after that all you think about is not getting out of stealth / avoiding the enemy aoe
Before re-opening , in most cases a " shs + c.s " re-opening , but what do i know i'm simply a rogue who want to snd before switching target then seeking to sap , maybe after distracting* the enemy aoe or whatever :? promise next time i have another stupid idea like this one i'll delete wow ;)
Kuroh wrote:
this bug should be fixed as soon as possible !
I wrote that while thinking of how rogues used to take advantage of this bug in arenas , on other servs that i played on , but since no one brought it up i assume they don't know about it which is good , and that's why wrote this :
But like i said you are too focused on trying to troll than understand , i'm starting to wonder if you can really read :?
I assume you meant PVP environment
Oh Really ? what tipped you off ? i won't bother quote the rest of your message , simply cause i don't see a reason why , to me it seemed like a little conversation that you could've have had in your head why bother sharing it with us , why ? :cry:

Well , anyways , feel free to not posting when you don't have something useful to add , i don't always have time to respond to your trolls , i think i wasted enough time so don't bother posting cause i won't respond ,at least to your messages " Rehan / blacklustersoldier " !

Gl to the staff and have a good day ^^
Gl to the devs :)

Rehan

#12 » Post by Rehan » 09 Dec 2013 13:14

Not sharing your opinion = trolling

I would bother countering everything you just said (such as a way to get around the sap issue is to sap first and then slice and dice until the bug gets fixed, shouldn't be a problem since you like target switching so much) but you're obviously just a waste of time because you are using ad hominem to support your case.

Google it since I'm pretty sure you have no idea what I'm talking about.

Rehan out.

Boxis
Donor

#13 » Post by Boxis » 09 Dec 2013 14:10

Annoying bug as hell.

Folkk

#14 » Post by Folkk » 09 Dec 2013 14:59

This bug is minor and can be ignored if you compare it to Honor Among Thieves bug which is 10 times more game-breaking.

I must admit I didn't knew this was a bug but here is the confirmation:
http://www.warcraftmovies.com/movieview.php?id=148315
@ 3.50 he uses snd then saps again; you can also see on his bar than he can still click on food

"I wrote that while thinking of how rogues used to take advantage of this bug in arenas , on other servs that i played on , but since no one brought it up i assume they don't know about it which is good , and that's why wrote this :"
You mean using snd to stop people from eating? You almost never get the chance to do that in an arena ..only in duels maybe.

P.S: If you're going to look into rogue bugs, please start with HaT since it's the number 1 bug for this class.ty
Folkk -Subtlety/Combat
Fleaks - Discipline/Holy

Kuroh

#15 » Post by Kuroh » 09 Dec 2013 17:28

I must admit I didn't knew this was a bug but here is the confirmation:
http://www.warcraftmovies.com/movieview.php?id=148315
@ 3.50 he uses snd then saps again; you can also see on his bar than he can still click on food
This bug is minor and can be ignored if you compare it to Honor Among Thieves bug which is 10 times more game-breaking.
See that's why i said this :
Believe it or not , the first second i got here , i asked about " honor among thives " and i was told that it was working just fine u__u guess they didn't know what they were talking about , and i also checked on the forum but there was no bug report i was kinda relieved , but since it's bugged why no one reported it yet ? is it the cps that got reseted when someone in your party does a crit on another target than yours ?