Rogue [Stealth]

keez
Donor

Re: Rogue [Stealth]

#16 » Post by keez » 03 Dec 2013 17:21

folkk wrote:
keez wrote:it doesnt put rogue in combat if its absorbed.............
It does..go test it.
As for the other thing:
"anything on the ground won't break them out (set it and forget it). "
for example: blizzard will brake it

http://www.arenajunkies.com/topic/16361 ... d-stealth/
but im telling you blizzard, rain of fire, hunters aoe dont break it while spells like shadowfury do so its clearly not working right when you look that some spells can and some cant break it

Amoriann
Donor

#17 » Post by Amoriann » 04 Dec 2013 06:16

Death and decay also dont reveal stealth on a rogue what happens is my death and decay gets cancelled like i never even used DND
Professional Dps.

Rehan

#18 » Post by Rehan » 04 Dec 2013 14:40

I'm pretty sure DND unstealths, maybe rogues are using cloak to not get damaged from it, they tend to do that when they vanish or try to sap so they won't get unstealthed by dots or aoe.

Arockalypse
Donor

#19 » Post by Arockalypse » 04 Dec 2013 15:22

DnD doesn't unstealth,
Blood Boil does.
Shadow Council of Hellraisers
TrueWoW member since 2010.

⌁ How the little piggies will grunt when they hear how the old boar suffered ⌁

keez
Donor

#20 » Post by keez » 04 Dec 2013 15:22

Rehan wrote:I'm pretty sure DND unstealths, maybe rogues are using cloak to not get damaged from it, they tend to do that when they vanish or try to sap so they won't get unstealthed by dots or aoe.
.......... we are talking about the start of the match not mid arena stuff

keez
Donor

#21 » Post by keez » 04 Dec 2013 15:23

Arockalypse wrote:DnD doesn't unstealth,
Blood Boil does.
initial dmg can unstealth if casted right on the rogue

keez
Donor

#22 » Post by keez » 04 Dec 2013 15:29

Also for my last post i dont give a fuck anymore if you will fix it or not because i see you find it more easy to bedate me on forum then to fix it. even if dmg is absorbed rogue should get out of stealth
And a as a developer Nye should know something about this and not go google it. Atleast i know how this fucking games works.

Folkk

#23 » Post by Folkk » 04 Dec 2013 15:43

keez wrote:Also for my last post i dont give a fuck anymore if you will fix it or not because i see you find it more easy to bedate me on forum then to fix it. even if dmg is absorbed rogue should get out of stealth
And a as a developer Nye should know something about this and not go google it. Atleast i know how this fucking games works.

Channeled spells should unstealth,rest shouldn't...whats with the big fuss anyway? It's a minor bug anyway compared to Honor Among Thieves keeping you in stealth 24/7 if anyone from your party is in combat...now THAT is really game-breaking...
Pve has priority here anyway...major class bugs but hey!..quests work!
Folkk -Subtlety/Combat
Fleaks - Discipline/Holy

emsy
Former Staff

#24 » Post by emsy » 04 Dec 2013 16:13

keez wrote:And a as a developer Nye should know something about this and not go google it. Atleast i know how this fucking games works.
seriously, r u retarded?

Teal Deer

#25 » Post by Teal Deer » 04 Dec 2013 17:04

staff members should never allow themselves to react as a normal player could.
you guys should give an example for us to follow.
instead of asking if someone is retarded you could say "i belive you have a problem comprehending complex nature of this problem."
its one of the things that are hard for me to withstand.
beside someones retardnes isnt a nature of this topic.
unstealthing on absorbs is.

Keez try to find some yt retail videos.
i know that some pvpers watch them to learn new tricks so you probably know some sources that might prove you r right.
no one will belive anyone in something like this jsut because he says so.

emsy
Former Staff

#26 » Post by emsy » 04 Dec 2013 17:53

Teal Deer wrote:staff members should never allow themselves to react as a normal player could.
you guys should give an example for us to follow.
instead of asking if someone is retarded you could say "i belive you have a problem comprehending complex nature of this problem."
its one of the things that are hard for me to withstand.
beside someones retardnes isnt a nature of this topic.
unstealthing on absorbs is.
Hello Teal Deer,

thank you for this suggestion. We'll review and discuss it among the staff in near future, just like we do with every suggestion, because players are the most important for us, no matter your age, religion, sex or IQ. We will let you know of the result in this thread, or as a part of bigger announcement in regular core updates section. We're happy to see that players are concerned about any possible miscommunication issues that might happen, should staff members utilize slang used by common folk. TrueWoW is indeed an important milestone in our careers and just as it would be stupid of us to throw such a huge opportunity, like working as a staff, away, we're are also very concerned about what you, players, think of us. We understand that you invest a lot into TrueWoW and therefore are obligated for uninterrupted full feature services on professional level. We'll try our best to get to the point in every topic we address and not fill the forums with vague politically correct used-up phrases, which prolong the posts into lengthy walls of text and might just bore you.

At the same time I'd like to express the thanks to everyone supporting TrueWoW and remind you to vote an cheer for us (and yourself). We're very excited to look forward new announcements and changes that are coming very soon. Keep it up!

Best regards,
emsy, TrueWoW webdeveloper

Myaoming
Former Staff

#27 » Post by Myaoming » 04 Dec 2013 23:39

That escalated quickly.

Keezx, get some proof then come back. Please don't repeat your point, we got it. Only thing we haven't got is proof.
Elder Myaoming (aka Slardar): Level 80 Tauren Feral PvE/PvP
Siforosse of the Undercity: Level 80 Undead Affliction Warlock PvP/Demon PvE
Zibuluge of the Ashen Verdict: Level 80 Human Frost DK PvP/PvE
Inverse: Level 80 Human Fire Mage PvP/PvE
Slar: Level 80 Night Elf Resto/Feral Druid PvE

Nyeriah

#28 » Post by Nyeriah » 05 Dec 2013 00:54

keez wrote: And a as a developer Nye should know something about this and not go google it. Atleast i know how this fucking games works.
I could be retaliative to this very sentence in so many ways. But that's not why I am here.

I was lost wondering about either replying to this or not. Thought about doing so from work, but then decided I'd better sit down at home and write it all in peace. I'll let few things clear because - as paradoxical as it may seem - transparency is something I always strived to show.

First off, I'm a player as every of you. Being a developer doesn't mean I know every of the game mechanics. I never aimed at knowing every of the game mechanics. It's pointless to know every of the game mechanics. If you do, and you feel like you know more about this game than I do, I really don't care but congratulations, you've accomplished a good job.

Developers know about specific things, like, what they're working on. If I was working on, let's say an instance, I'd do the dirty work of checking up tactics and watching videos to try to make it look like as close as it should be on retail, as further as my capabilities and skills would go [as I have done with the Culling of Time event at Culling of Stratholme].

Source finding - also known as "data mining" - is the more painful and time consuming step of addressing an issue. You have to look around and find sources, wowhead, wowiki and others aren't always conclusive. There are things that aren't always as clear as we wanted them to be. But, if you want your point to be proven that's exactly what you need to do. We can't simply take something just because you say so, based on your "experience" - off private servers? I have played retail all through vanilla, then stopped for a while, came back at tbc, then stopped again, then came back at wotlk (mostly because I was sharing my account with relatives and not always I was able to play and the whole situation would bother us by a lot and yes, we always wanted to check new expansion's features). You could say just as well and then... you could be lying. I could be lying. No one would ever know. And that's why I'll always emphasy the need of reliable sources. Personal experience goes to the background.

I don't care about how perfect you think X server is. Being a private server, it's prone to have flaws. And we can't live out of guesses when doing things that affect your gameplay. Because that would be unprofessional.

They may be accepted as references but they'll never be accepted as main information sources.

It's a fair deal. If you don't put enough effort into elaborating your reports, I'll not put enough effort into trying to fix them.

About professionalism... I'd have been more professional if I had left a message and closed the topic or ignored it completely because of the lack of sources. Because from watching closely big game producers, that's how they approach threads like this [talking about Blizzard, Riot, and whatnots]. Instead, I went and did research about it - what for some would be inappropriate for a developer - because I wanted to help. Whelps. That's what I get for trying to be nice.

Besides, I asked you for the link of the AT topic you have taken your source from. Still waiting...

Alas, DnD should also damage invisible targets after next update, which will destealth rogues if the damage is not absorbed. Unless Prodigy's wrath falls uppon me.

"Retail proof or it didn't happen." - CelticLady, 2010

Sarah Alexander Trysan,
C#/C++/DB Developer
Administrative & Customer Support @ Brazil's National Service of Industrial Apprenticeship
Speaking in note as TrueWoW-Staff - Development Division

keez
Donor

#29 » Post by keez » 05 Dec 2013 01:13

As I said, i dont care. I will never post anything again on this forum.

Nyeriah

#30 » Post by Nyeriah » 05 Dec 2013 01:28

What I know from this point is:

[SHOULD HAPPEN]
- Anything on ground will not break stealth if the target is shielded.
- AoE's that come from other sources will break it regardless.
- Damage from dots that are absorbed will not break stealth if absorbed.

Conclusions taken from reading http://www.arenajunkies.com/topic/16361 ... d-stealth/ and the wowwiki link I posted earlier.