All classes [Not all debuffs on target are sent]

Leaf

All classes [Not all debuffs on target are sent]

#1 » Post by Leaf » 02 Nov 2013 21:35

When raiding and there are "too many" debuffs on a target, the server seems to send too few to the client/-s sometimes leading to debuffs not showing up in the interface even though the DoT damage is still applied.
Suspicion: If this debuff is reapplied before it runs out, it remains invisible but if it's cast after, it shows up again.
For classes that keep a bunch of DoTs up this totally sucks.

This happens with and without addons, also if I select only to show my own effects (so it's not the client that can't handle a large number of debuffs).
- Introducing the all new eyePhone 2.0!
[People cheer and take out their money.]
- Dumb bastards.

emsy
Former Staff

Re: All classes [Not all debuffs on target are sent]

#2 » Post by emsy » 02 Nov 2013 21:44

There's a debuff slots limitation of 255 auras on a target. The "show my debuffs only" is handled client side only. So from those 255 debuffs only yours are shown.

Not sure if client can handle more than 255 debuffs, it's a core "issue" but don't know if solvable

Leaf

#3 » Post by Leaf » 02 Nov 2013 22:20

Well, I thought of that but seriously.. 255/256? That's more than 10 per character if all are offensive. I know that auras are all effects (not only the debuffs we see) but it still doesn't make sense.
Still, whatever is reported seems to be the issue since even if there are more than 255 auras on the target, the server counts the damage so the ones that are not shown are, in fact, active..
What I mean is that the clients aren't interested in the 150 auras that are running in the background but only the ones that (visually) show our effects on the enemy.
- Dumb bastards.

emsy
Former Staff

#4 » Post by emsy » 02 Nov 2013 22:42

HM, as i think of it, it may be also that 128 is buff limit and 128 is debuff limit. That sounds more reasonable - 6 per dps. Just get few DKs applying gazzilion of debuffs and u hit it pretty fast

also found this http://wow.joystiq.com/2008/12/03/debuff-limit-removed/

Leaf

#5 » Post by Leaf » 02 Nov 2013 23:38

Yeah, I recall the limit in classic.. 40 people not allowed to cast a bunch of spells so that we could keep sunder armor up.
Anyway, I checked today's raid and I added the effects up to maybe and barely 64. No way we reached 128 – which is still far from unlimited. :p
- Dumb bastards.

emsy
Former Staff

#6 » Post by emsy » 03 Nov 2013 00:44

https://github.com/TrinityCore/TrinityC ... ines.h#L21

this line... we can try to increase it to something like 100 for testing, but seeing the comment, i'm not sure how that will turn out :P