Priest [Levitate]

Nyeriah

Re: Priest [Levitate]

#16 » Post by Nyeriah » 10 Oct 2013 05:34

This issue has been around way longer than our mmaps, even longer than the existance of them as far as I can tell.

chickenbutt
Donor

#17 » Post by chickenbutt » 10 Oct 2013 07:36

^---------
:=) My Mini Enhancement Shaman PvE Guide

https://soundcloud.com/open_minded_97/fullat - a punk song I wrote and produced with a friend from music community college in 2019

Eisen
Donor

#18 » Post by Eisen » 10 Oct 2013 09:58

About the maintaining of speed, slow fall, parachute and levitate all used to keep it if you dismounted from a flying mount, this is no longer the case. You revert back to running speed while falling. You can still do it with land based mounts afaik, like jumping into un'goro from tanaris using a mount, then casting one of these abilities, you'd keep moving foreward at mounted speed. (Or maybe just in 'non flying areas' would maybe have to test jumping from dalaran).
(Should a new post be made about this?)

Also the levitate causing you to fall through the floor thing has been around longer than the mmaps.
Eisenlicht - Eisenfaust - Shai - Eisenblitz - SyntaxError - Revan - Nugget - Eisen - Necriss - Heka
I SHALL RIDE ETERNAL, SHINY AND CHROME!
bnet: Eisen#2183

chickenbutt
Donor

#19 » Post by chickenbutt » 10 Oct 2013 13:35

I used to use my parachute as means to float to the ICC entrance, keeping 280% speed from my flying mount, then it got bugged idk how the fuck long ago
:=) My Mini Enhancement Shaman PvE Guide

https://soundcloud.com/open_minded_97/fullat - a punk song I wrote and produced with a friend from music community college in 2019

innocentguy

#20 » Post by innocentguy » 20 Oct 2013 01:27

I have no idea when mmaps was implemented tbh.

But I did hear that mmaps isn't active in ICC or something. The ghouls are still passing through the whatever~that~is at the stairs at the Plagueworks. Adds still get blasted into oblivion by Thunderstorm.

Mmaps has been useful in many other cases though. This small bug isn't gamebreaking.
No one is simply entitled to anything in this world.
Whatever you want, you have to earn, be it money, respect or love.
[/color]
My Innocents:

Innocentguy - Priest ( Shadow / Discipline )
Innocence - Shaman ( Elemental / Restoration )
InnocentIcon - Death Knight ( Blood {Tank} / Unholy {DPS} )
Innocentshot - Hunter ( Marksmanship / Survival )
Innocentone - Druid ( Restoration / Feral {DPS} )
Innocenthope - Paladin ( Retribution / Holy )
~ In the end, Innocence is Brilliant ~

Eisen
Donor

#21 » Post by Eisen » 21 Oct 2013 09:39

mmaps inside ICC itself were disabled, they were causing things like Raging Spirits at LK to get stuck at.. inconvenient locations (read here: in the middle of the raid)
Eisenlicht - Eisenfaust - Shai - Eisenblitz - SyntaxError - Revan - Nugget - Eisen - Necriss - Heka
I SHALL RIDE ETERNAL, SHINY AND CHROME!
bnet: Eisen#2183

Leaf

#22 » Post by Leaf » 03 Nov 2013 00:02

Well, getting summoned into ICC wasn't easy. It turns out that the Halloween ghost costume with its effect causes the fall too.. and to avoid dying, you make sure to keep levitate up while approaching the terrain below ICC, just to get summoned again, fall one more time, wait for the landing, remove levitate and get summoned a third time.
Also, try removing the effect just as you finish using the hearthstone.. (dead at the inn)
- Introducing the all new eyePhone 2.0!
[People cheer and take out their money.]
- Dumb bastards.