Priest [Levitate]

innocentguy

Priest [Levitate]

#1 » Post by innocentguy » 05 Sep 2013 18:29

This is a relatively? new bug as it didn't happen until a few months? back. (At least I only started experiencing it a few months back.)
Eisenfaust wrote:If you have the levitate buff on you when entering an instance, have fun falling.
That's basically the essence of it. If you've got Levitate on you while entering an instance, you're going to fall through textures.

Additionally, I had Levitate on me while using my Hearthstone and after I arrived at Dalaran, I started to fall through textures there. I went through the Sewers and out into CrystalSong Forest =D

Also I always fly into the ICC corridor and Levitate through it into the portal. So yeah this bug is new =D

I do suspect that it's due to changes in textures rather than changes in the Levitate script??
No one is simply entitled to anything in this world.
Whatever you want, you have to earn, be it money, respect or love.
[/color]
My Innocents:

Innocentguy - Priest ( Shadow / Discipline )
Innocence - Shaman ( Elemental / Restoration )
InnocentIcon - Death Knight ( Blood {Tank} / Unholy {DPS} )
Innocentshot - Hunter ( Marksmanship / Survival )
Innocentone - Druid ( Restoration / Feral {DPS} )
Innocenthope - Paladin ( Retribution / Holy )
~ In the end, Innocence is Brilliant ~

belekoxa

Re: Priest [Levitate]

#2 » Post by belekoxa » 05 Sep 2013 19:31

I can confirm the bug. But if you meant mmaps as the cause of it, I would disagree. It was buged way before mmaps were implemented.
Lukas

Nyeriah

#3 » Post by Nyeriah » 06 Sep 2013 02:39

It has been like that since the dawn of time. Not caused by recent changes. Probably something fails very badly when the core calculates the player's height after teleporting at these given events.

Try using levitate and sitting on a bench... that's the most funny scenario where it happens. Again, players are "teleported" when they sit on them.

innocentguy

#4 » Post by innocentguy » 06 Sep 2013 17:41

Nyeriah wrote:It has been like that since the dawn of time. Not caused by recent changes.
Innocentguy wrote:Also I always fly into the ICC corridor and Levitate through it into the portal. So yeah this bug is new =D
No offense, but I've been Levitating through the ICC corridor (entering the corridor while flying dismounts you) ever since 2011. I would cast it after dismounting and float through the air (above the allies trying to kill me) and into the portal, essentially not even hitting the ground.

Only a few months back I did this as per usual and suddenly I was falling through textures inside ICC.

And for those who aren't aware, I've ONLY been on TW (since 2011). I had a brief stint in Molten with a bunch of other Hellraisers during the recent, really terrible DDOS, but otherwise I've ONLY been on TW. Never even did Retail. So this isn't some bug that wasn't there in Spermilk or any other server that I now find present here in TW.

Disclaimer: I'm only trying to dispute this to help in the troubleshooting process. I do apologize for any offense caused. It's certainly not my intention to do so.
[/color]
My Innocents:

Eisen
Donor

#5 » Post by Eisen » 11 Sep 2013 10:47

I can second that this is relatively new. I used to always Levi or Slow-fall into icc, then my priest has a short period of inactivity and *bam* now i'm falling through floors!
Eisenlicht - Eisenfaust - Shai - Eisenblitz - SyntaxError - Revan - Nugget - Eisen - Necriss - Heka
I SHALL RIDE ETERNAL, SHINY AND CHROME!
bnet: Eisen#2183

chickenbutt
Donor

#6 » Post by chickenbutt » 13 Sep 2013 23:48

A rather annoying bug can happen where if you've recently had a 'slow falling effect' buff on you and you die or zone in/out of somewhere, it'll still be on you as if you were slow falling, but you'll take full falling damage when you hit the ground, lol. Maybe related to the flying mount bug where if you zone out high in the air on your flying mount into a BG/dungeon and return, dismounting when you're flying no less than 1 yd above the ground will instantly kill you.
:=) My Mini Enhancement Shaman PvE Guide

https://soundcloud.com/open_minded_97/fullat - a punk song I wrote and produced with a friend from music community college in 2019

Folkk

#7 » Post by Folkk » 14 Sep 2013 08:39

chickenbutt wrote:A rather annoying bug can happen where if you've recently had a 'slow falling effect' buff on you and you die or zone in/out of somewhere, it'll still be on you as if you were slow falling, but you'll take full falling damage when you hit the ground, lol. Maybe related to the flying mount bug where if you zone out high in the air on your flying mount into a BG/dungeon and return, dismounting when you're flying no less than 1 yd above the ground will instantly kill you.
Happened to me yesterday after using the engineering parachute.
Folkk -Subtlety/Combat
Fleaks - Discipline/Holy

Eisen
Donor

#8 » Post by Eisen » 16 Sep 2013 10:58

Also noticed Slow-fall and Levitate no longer maintain the speed you used to have on mount if you cast it while flying (so that you're basically levitating down at an angle, still travelling at 280% forward). Now you just revert to run speed before you hit the floor, dunno if this is supposed to be like that, if it's just for me like that or whatever...
Eisenlicht - Eisenfaust - Shai - Eisenblitz - SyntaxError - Revan - Nugget - Eisen - Necriss - Heka
I SHALL RIDE ETERNAL, SHINY AND CHROME!
bnet: Eisen#2183

chickenbutt
Donor

#9 » Post by chickenbutt » 16 Sep 2013 11:05

Eisenfaust wrote:Also noticed Slow-fall and Levitate no longer maintain the speed you used to have on mount if you cast it while flying (so that you're basically levitating down at an angle, still travelling at 280% forward). Now you just revert to run speed before you hit the floor, dunno if this is supposed to be like that, if it's just for me like that or whatever...
^

https://soundcloud.com/open_minded_97/fullat - a punk song I wrote and produced with a friend from music community college in 2019

innocentguy

#10 » Post by innocentguy » 21 Sep 2013 15:15

Also noticed Slow-fall and Levitate no longer maintain the speed you used to have on mount if you cast it while flying (so that you're basically levitating down at an angle, still travelling at 280% forward). Now you just revert to run speed before you hit the floor, dunno if this is supposed to be like that, if it's just for me like that or whatever...
I think it is supposed to be like that. I don't think you're supposed to maintain your 280% speed after casting levitate while flying.
[/color]
My Innocents:

Myaoming
Former Staff

#11 » Post by Myaoming » 21 Sep 2013 18:20

innocentguy wrote:
I think it is supposed to be like that. I don't think you're supposed to maintain your 280% speed after casting levitate while flying.
I believe this is true. Only Parachute keeps your speed while falling.
Elder Myaoming (aka Slardar): Level 80 Tauren Feral PvE/PvP
Siforosse of the Undercity: Level 80 Undead Affliction Warlock PvP/Demon PvE
Zibuluge of the Ashen Verdict: Level 80 Human Frost DK PvP/PvE
Inverse: Level 80 Human Fire Mage PvP/PvE
Slar: Level 80 Night Elf Resto/Feral Druid PvE

chickenbutt
Donor

#12 » Post by chickenbutt » 21 Sep 2013 20:33

^I think this, except Parachute doesn't atm

Kengur

#13 » Post by Kengur » 09 Oct 2013 19:45

Levitate shouldnt get removed when Mouting a flyable or non flyable Mount
Levitate should only get removed by dmg

innocentguy

#14 » Post by innocentguy » 09 Oct 2013 23:51

Kengur wrote:Levitate shouldnt get removed when Mouting a flyable or non flyable Mount
Levitate should only get removed by dmg
At the risk of digression...

Yes Levitate doesn't get removed. But we were saying that it used to be such that if you had cast Levitate while in mid-flight (essentially dismounting at the same time) you would have retained your flight speed whilst falling. This appears to be no longer the case however.

At the risk of even more digression I used to mount up at the Lumbermill in Arathi Basin, jump off the ledge and Levitate. I would float all the way to the Blacksmith =D
[/color]
My Innocents:

emsy
Former Staff

#15 » Post by emsy » 10 Oct 2013 03:13

most likely caused by mmaps