Druid [Savage Roar]

Avassar

Druid [Savage Roar]

#1 » Post by Avassar » 23 Aug 2013 13:26

Hello,

Savage Roar should be able to be used in all forms, but should only benefit you in Catform just like it was on live. Furthermore it should NOT put you in combat. Please do not get confused by the Savage Roar tooltip which states "Only useable in catform" because it points to the beneficial psychical damage increase which is only useable in catform.

Patch 3.0.8 (2009-01-20): The buff now persists outside of Cat Form but only provides its benefits while in Cat Form.

http://www.wowhead.com/spell=52610/savage-roar

http://www.warcraftmovies.com/movieview.php?id=132563 (Notice 10:00 till 10:10 where he casts Savage Roar outside of catform at exactly 10:05)

I'm at work right now and won't be able to post any more videos to proove this is true. I'll be back online in a few hours and I will link as many videos as I can to proof this.
Last edited by Avassar on 23 Aug 2013 13:46, edited 1 time in total.
Bloodclaw

Avassar

Re: Druid [Savage Roar]

#2 » Post by Avassar » 23 Aug 2013 13:27

Reserved
Bloodclaw

jamhead

#3 » Post by jamhead » 23 Aug 2013 15:47

I'm pretty sure using savage soar outside of cat form should NOT be possible.

"Patch 3.0.8 (2009-01-20): The buff now persists outside of Cat Form but only provides its benefits while in Cat Form. " This just refers to the 30% damage buff not cancelling when shifting out of cat form, it doesn't refer to casting it outside of cat form.

It's hard to tell from the quality, but he doesn't have any combo points on his target at 10:05, on top of that savage roar runs out 5 seconds later.

The point that it shouldn't put you in combat is true, the same should apply to feral charge cat. But this is really annoying vs rogues who randomly try and sap you xD

TBH I don't have any solid proof that it shouldn't be usable in other forms, but from my small time playing cata retail I remember it not being usable outside of cat form (obviously this could've changed since wotlk)
It also seems a bit stupid that you make a big growling kitty noise in bear form :P
On top of that, all the high rated ferals on AT rage hard at me if I attempt this and told me it's bug abuse, so yeah I stopped doing that :P

Again I could be wrong but I remember arguing with Slardar about this bug for a long, long time :P
Currently addicted to hearthstone playing at legend rank. Feel free to add jamhead#2986

My quest to prove anybody can paint - jamheadii.deviantart.com

Check out my new puzzle game Slide!

Avassar

#4 » Post by Avassar » 23 Aug 2013 16:11

Hey Jam! Yeah your hypothesis seems correct too but I've just played it with it so long that I don't wan to admit it should be like that! ^_^ Maybe wishful thinking idk.

I'll try to find some HD videos of ferals on Retail to proof it when I'm done at work today.
Bloodclaw

Myaoming
Former Staff

#5 » Post by Myaoming » 24 Aug 2013 14:59

If you look at it's tooltip, it doesn't have "Requires Cat Form" written unlike abilities like Tiger's Fury, Shred, Rip, Mangle, Rake, Ferocious Bite, etc... It's supposed to be used in any form.

This was working before on TW.
Elder Myaoming (aka Slardar): Level 80 Tauren Feral PvE/PvP
Siforosse of the Undercity: Level 80 Undead Affliction Warlock PvP/Demon PvE
Zibuluge of the Ashen Verdict: Level 80 Human Frost DK PvP/PvE
Inverse: Level 80 Human Fire Mage PvP/PvE
Slar: Level 80 Night Elf Resto/Feral Druid PvE

jamhead

#6 » Post by jamhead » 24 Aug 2013 15:59

It does still say "Only usable in cat form" inside the tooltip, but it's not very clear whether that refers to using it or the buff it provides. Again though it still seems strange to make a kitty noise in bear form :P

I don't really understand why blizzard would make this usable in any form either...
Currently addicted to hearthstone playing at legend rank. Feel free to add jamhead#2986

My quest to prove anybody can paint - jamheadii.deviantart.com

Check out my new puzzle game Slide!

Myaoming
Former Staff

#7 » Post by Myaoming » 24 Aug 2013 17:28

There are loads of things you can't understand from Blizzard :D
Why making Dash usable in all forms as well? Well it's not really the same, but still a question with no answer other than: it's Blizzard, deal with it!

Avassar

#8 » Post by Avassar » 25 Aug 2013 00:50

Couldn't of said it better myself ^_^
Bloodclaw

Arashikage

#9 » Post by Arashikage » 29 Aug 2013 12:46

You can't compare dash and savage roar. Savage roar works on the combo point system, as a finishing move. Since the combo point system comes into place only in cat form, there is no question of using it in any other form.

Myaoming
Former Staff

#10 » Post by Myaoming » 29 Aug 2013 14:07

Well since you actually keep your combo points on a target after shapeshifting into any form, then where's the problem?

Druids are like Rogues regarding combo points. The only difference is that they generate them in Cat Form. None ever said that combo points are dedicated for one form only.

Arashikage

#11 » Post by Arashikage » 29 Aug 2013 18:41

Even so, the usage of those points needs you to shift back into cat form.

Myaoming
Former Staff

#12 » Post by Myaoming » 29 Aug 2013 20:36

Then the usage of Maul requires Bear Form, since it needs Rage points: you won't be able to use Maul and go to another form and see it being executed on the next melee attack (Note that Rage is consumed when Maul is executed). You wouldn't want that, it's wrong.

With that said, Energy points could be consumed even when you're not in Cat Form, same goes for Rage points and Combo points. When you use Savage Roar in any other form than Cat, you will see that your Energy dropped when you shapeshift back to Cat.

Arashikage

#13 » Post by Arashikage » 30 Aug 2013 08:00

Dude thats like saying you want to use FB in travel form because you made up the CPs. Idk how this topic got any mileage in the first place. Although the combo points you build up on a target can be saved for delayed use, you cannot use them without going back into cat form.

Myaoming
Former Staff

#14 » Post by Myaoming » 30 Aug 2013 15:58

No not Ferocious Bite because it has "Requires Cat Form" in it's tooltip?
Please mind explaining why there's no "Requires Cat Form" on Savage Roar's tooltip...
Also tell me, if it really was a bug, wouldn't AT fix it already?

Check this out: http://www.warcraftmovies.com/movieview.php?id=132563 (10:00 - 10:10)
His Savage Roar (bottom right action bar, 2nd action starting from the right) is lit up in normal form (can be used)
This is what im talking about:
With 1 Combo Point in normal form, compare Savage Roar and Ferocious Bite icons. Savage Roar is lit up. Ferocious Bite isn't.

Now on TW if I try using Savage Roar in other forms, it will trigger a 1/4 GCD because of the silly modifications done by Trinity Core, and my lag.

Anyway Arashikage, if you really wanna prove your point, consider showing us some real resources and proof.

Arashikage

#15 » Post by Arashikage » 31 Aug 2013 16:35

Okay, bout the tooltips, Blizzard's known for bullshit tooltips - Case in point : Protector of the pack - whose AP component reads as if its general AP and not bear form AP. Now about Savage Roar, it does say "Usable only in cat form". Why its been framed like that, idk. About wanting to use it in other forms, all it seems to me is a pseudo buff that'll run out anyway and not serve any purpose for the duration. So this whole idea of roar working in all forms is a hole in the mechanics imo, cause i see no real point to doing it outside of catform.

P.S : I like those name plates, what addon is that?