Pets and Spell Hit Rating

Nyeriah

Re: Pets and Spell Hit Rating

#16 » Post by Nyeriah » 15 Oct 2013 02:27

I've applied some code giving Ebon Gorgoyles and Feral Spirits their master's full hit rating, and haste in the case of gorgoyles. If it works fine maybe it can be used for other pets. So far, had no problems with it and it seems to work.

But the calculations for hunters and warlock pets might be too different so not giving out any concrete promises for now :P

chickenbutt
Donor

#17 » Post by chickenbutt » 15 Oct 2013 16:07

HnGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHH

YES PLEASE OH MY GOD HASTE SCALING?!!!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! THAT MEANS STAT SCALING COULD WORK IN THE NEAR FUTURE HOLY SHIT MAGMA TOTEM 20K HP PETSGHJ>GJ
:=) My Mini Enhancement Shaman PvE Guide

https://soundcloud.com/open_minded_97/fullat - a punk song I wrote and produced with a friend from music community college in 2019

Nyeriah

#18 » Post by Nyeriah » 16 Nov 2013 18:47

Mirror Images and non-glyphed water elementals should inherit 100% of their master's hit rating after next update.

I have looked around and couldn't find the proper hit formula for hunter and warlock pets, if anyone has any addition information to share please do so.

Vaen

#19 » Post by Vaen » 17 Nov 2013 03:20

Death knight ghouls, hunter pets and warlock pets inherit their master's hit rating so that they will be capped when their master is capped, how this works for hunter and death knight pets is that they get whatever hit % the player has rounded down and they also get expertise proportional to that (no idea how, though, maybe 26/8 expertise per hit %) since I believe ranged attacks cap is same as melee, hunter pets also get spell power so I believe they might be able to gain spell hit rating. As for warlocks their pets gain spell hit rating and melee hit rating from their master's spell hit %, not sure what the cap for blizzard is, 14% or 17%. Either way since I just made a mess let me summarize that:

Hunter pets:
-Gets hit and expertise from master's ranged hit percentage rounded down and in such a way that when master has 8% hit pet will have 8% hit, 26 expertise and spell hit cap (14% or 17%). Hit from Focused aim counts.

Death knight ghouls:
-Same as hunter except it takes master's melee hit % (rating to % is same as in ranged I believe) and pets aren't supposed to get spell hit or spell power, not like it matters (not sure about gargoyle though, tooltip says its damage depends on master's attack power but I don't know if that dependence is in the form of passing spellpower to gargoyle in the usual "pet tooltip" fashion or something like gargoyle getting AP and using that to calculate strike damage).

Lock pets:
-When warlock has 17% (14%?) spell hit then the pets will have 17% (14%) spell hit, 8% melee hit and 26 expertise, basically same as hunters except it takes spell hit% instead of ranged %. Hit from talents applies.

Not sure about shaman wolves, I know that for the previous 3 cases the hit rating is always rounded down (so if you have 7.99% hit only pet will have 7%). Shaman wolves probably fall under the hunter pet category but use shaman's melee hit percentage instead, don't quote me though, I also don't know if any rounding down occurs to shaman's wolves.

Rounding down: http://forums.elitistjerks.com/index.ph ... -anything/
You can also find the rounding down fact on hunter threads and warlock threads I believe.
Ghoul hit rating rounds down. So if you have 7.99% hit rating, the ghoul will have 7% hit rating.
Blue post on pet's hit rating:
If a player is at their appropriate spell hit chance or hit chance maximum, their pet will be at the maximum for spell hit chance, hit chance, and expertise. If they are below the maximum, their pet will be proportionately below those maximums.
Edit: The following formulas are probably right, I don't think blizzard would have wanted to overcomplicate it:

1. Melee(Ranged) hit to pet spell hit : 1% melee (ranged) hit ->(17/8)% spell hit for pet
2. Spell hit to pet melee hit : 1% spell hit -> (8/17)% melee hit for pet
3. Melee(Ranged) hit to pet expertise : 1% melee hit -> (26/8)% expertise for pet
4. Spell hit to pet expertise : 1% spell hit -> (26/17)% expertise for pet

Change 17 to 14 if you think 14% is what Blizzard considers that it means to be spell hit capped against bosses.

Melee to melee and spell to spell is simply done in a 1% -> 1% fashion and I am sure of that.

5. Melee(ranged) hit to pet melee hit: 1% melee hit -> 1% melee hit for pet
6. Spell hit to pet spell hit : 1% spell hit -> 1% spell hit for pet

For hunters, formulae 1, 3, and 5 should be used; for warlocks, 2,4, and 6 should be used; and as for DKs, their corresponding formulae are 3 and 5.

Note on rounding down and passing hit: Hit is first passed by those formulae, then it gets rounded down, not the other way around. I think it's worth saying too that a DK's expertise has nothing to do with their ghoul's expertise.
Vaen - Human Warrior
Verwandlung - Human Lock
Parallel - Human Priest

Follow me on Twitch

chickenbutt
Donor

#20 » Post by chickenbutt » 17 Nov 2013 07:58

all of the above I fucking love you vaen

ot: please stop 3 shotting my shaman when you join bgs
:=) My Mini Enhancement Shaman PvE Guide

https://soundcloud.com/open_minded_97/fullat - a punk song I wrote and produced with a friend from music community college in 2019

Devosan

#21 » Post by Devosan » 18 Nov 2013 18:38

Wear cloth gear from RHCs, will greatly increase survivability, Benjamin.

Nyeriah

#22 » Post by Nyeriah » 23 Feb 2014 00:27

Warlock pets, hunter pets and unholy death knight ghouls will have their master's hit rating inherited after next core update. This needs to be tested, though, it's pretty much the same thing that was done for the other pets that seem to work.

...oh and also priest's shadowfiends.