Hunter [Roar of Sacrifice], [Scatter Shot], [Master's Call]

chickenbutt
Donor

Hunter [Roar of Sacrifice], [Scatter Shot], [Master's Call]

#1 » Post by chickenbutt » 31 Jul 2013 22:54

Roar of Sacrifice- Supposed to give immunity to critical strikes on target, doesn't.

Scatter Shot - Pathing issue. Disorient effects (and Fear effects) have strange pathing bugs that either creates a visual bug where the target appears to be in places where it actually isn't, or has the target fidget around through LoS, be it walls, floors, ceilings or objects.

Master's Call - Sometimes randomly bugs out and doesn't work, and when pet is out of LoS and you cast it, it won't prompt a warning, instead it just casts on only the pet and not the master. Mainly LoS bug (same thing with Enhancement Shaman's Spirit Walk).

Also, I wouldn't know where to put this as it's not a specific class bug, but pets are severely bugged on this server and it's actually quite game-breaking, ESPECIALLY in PvP.
Basic master-to-pet stat scaling is bugged, as in pets aren't receiving the correct amount of stamina, intellect, spirit, attack/spell power, etc. as they should. I could personally care less about this (except for Beast Mastery, which is already bugged, and Enhancement Shaman wolves). The real problem lies in the hit and expertise scaling. Classes with pets are supposed to transfer their hit rating percentage into pet hit and expertise percentage. Example: A Hunter with 8% hit in PvP should transfer that 8% directly into expertise and spell and melee hit to the pet. As far as I'm aware, this is null, causing pet abilities to miss constantly, when they shouldn't be. I've missed Seduction/Spell Lock/Spider Web countless times and lost arena matches and BG encounters because of it. In my opinion, this is a much larger problem than HP, mana, or damage scaling, as the utility of pets tends to be more powerful than the damage; Exception - Enhancement/BM.

May add more to this post later on, other Hunters feel free to keep posting here if you find new bugs that aren't already listed.
:=) My Mini Enhancement Shaman PvE Guide

https://soundcloud.com/open_minded_97/fullat - a punk song I wrote and produced with a friend from music community college in 2019

Jarmen

Re: Hunter [Roar of Sacrifice], [Scatter Shot], [Master's Call]

#2 » Post by Jarmen » 04 Aug 2013 02:44

RoS is decreasing crit chance, u have to make sure your pet is not in los, coz then u will waste it same goes for MC or other pet abilities like intervene and etc.

So far the most broken thing in hunters is Master's Call vs Mage, Nova allways freezes u and u cant dispell it with MC.

chickenbutt
Donor

#3 » Post by chickenbutt » 04 Aug 2013 02:56

Jarmen wrote:RoS is decreasing crit chance
"Protects a friendly target from critical strikes, making attacks against that target unable to be critical strikes, but 20% of all damage taken by that target is also taken by the pet. Lasts 12 sec."
Jarmen wrote:u have to make sure your pet is not in los
Pets are always bugging out in LoS, whether it be standing completely still and not moving around pillars, getting stuck in pillars or floors (like the bridge in Blade's Edge Arena) or just completely not reacting to LoS at all, for eg. if your pet is right next to you and you cast RoS, it says "Target is not in line of sight".

https://soundcloud.com/open_minded_97/fullat - a punk song I wrote and produced with a friend from music community college in 2019

Boxis
Donor

#4 » Post by Boxis » 04 Aug 2013 16:30

Here are some bugs which were not yet mentioned:

Cobra reflexes - This pet talent is bugged,your pet should do less damage per hit,but overall dps should increase,here his dps is just going down.

Animal Handler - Attack power doesnt increase at all.

Silencing shot - Silencing effect should be instant,but here it has flying time.

Trueshot aura - If you have this aura active,then let druid to cyclone you and during cyclone reset your talents.You will have 10% att power aura on yourself still,without having it learned,making it possible to have it as BM or Survival until you logout.

Scatter Shot - Disorient effect has flying time,while it shouldnt have.

Flare - Should reveal its target instantly when you cast it not just after it landed,also landing time is so slow.

Growl - Does not destroy grounding totem,although I guess its problem of that totem and not spell,but not sure.

Ranged Attacks - All ranged attacks are absorbed by los object when target moves behind it when you shoot.For example if you use chimera shot on someone who is standing next to pillar,and he hides behind that pillar when its flying,then chimera is absorbed by that pillar and not doing any damage,neither applying its secondary effect on that target.This cause problems to dps targets who are often los-ing during game,because can easily happen that your aimed gets absorbed > your ms fall > target can heal to full.Also makes it impossible to "exploit" scatter (what is normal),in way when you scatter someone right after he los-ed behind wall to trap him behind los afterwards.Here scatter gets absorbed by that wall without doing any effect on target.
Im sure this happens because of our well known los issues inside arenas.

Chimera shot - Gets double benefit from damage increasing auras like for example berserk buff in BGs or 2pieces of T10 set bonus.

Masters call - As mentioned,if you cast it when there is los object between you and your pet MC will go on cd but has no effect.There should be warning "target is not in line of sight".Another bug is that you cant remove mages frost nova and elemental shamans earthgrab from earthbind totem.You couldnt remove also some slows from frost mage but that seems to work now,at least today it did.

Roar of Recovery - this pet abilty,and many others are also affected by bug where if there is any los object between you and your pet then this ability(same with others like roar of sacrifice etc.) are used but have no effect on you.There should be again warning "target is not in line of sight" when you gonna use them.Only exception is this RoR spell where there can be los between you and your pet,only requirement is that you need to be within 46yard of your pet-if you are not then bug occurs>ability is used but nothing happens.

Trap spells - have no arming time when hunter is not in combat,do have arming time when he is.They should have it no matter if you are in combat or not.
Also there is some strange delay bug with arming time of traps and freezing arrow.It seems to me that there is no fixed amount like 1sec after which traps activates,because when I tested for example freezing arrow from same place on target which is not moving then it doesnt activate in exactly same time all the time like it should.Because of this for example can holy paladins run out of traps after scatter before trap activates,or makes it impossible to concussive shot>trap and so on.I will upload video later about what I exactly mean for better understanding.

Anyway this is all I know for now,will add more later if I recall on something else.

chickenbutt
Donor

#5 » Post by chickenbutt » 04 Aug 2013 17:20

^All confirmed.

Emildj7

#6 » Post by Emildj7 » 13 Aug 2013 15:14

If you cant use any of those spells correctly then you'll have a hard time in PVP as Beastmaster

Boxis
Donor

#7 » Post by Boxis » 15 Oct 2013 10:17

Feign death - When you use feign death then only your enemies in arena should lose you on target.
BUG-Not just your enemies but also your friendly members lose you on target in arena.

Same happens with shadowmeld.

Jarmen

#8 » Post by Jarmen » 19 Oct 2013 02:47

chickenbutt wrote:"Protects a friendly target from critical strikes, making attacks against that target unable to be critical strikes, but 20% of all damage taken by that target is also taken by the pet. Lasts 12 sec."
The only spells not affected by RoS is Lava Burst on flamed hunter and rogue with Cold Blood, so yeah it decreases critical chance to 0, but it don't make u immune from critical strikes.

Merkava

#9 » Post by Merkava » 19 Oct 2013 10:39

Jarmen wrote:The only spells not affected by RoS is Lava Burst on flamed hunter and rogue with Cold Blood, so yeah it decreases critical chance to 0, but it don't make u immune from critical strikes.
Well it shouldn't be that way, as the description of the spell clearly says: "making attacks against that target unable to be critical strikes".
I also support that by adding a wowhead reference about Roar of Sacrifice, where you can see in spell details the decreased value of critical strikes, which is enough to beat any 100% and guaranteed critical strike abilities.
Effect #1 Apply Aura: Mod Chance to be Critically Hit % (Arcane, Fire, Frost, Holy, Nature, Physical, Shadow)
Value: -10000%

Merkava

#10 » Post by Merkava » 25 Oct 2013 13:45

I also noticed a bug concerning the pet's state, especially health, and it is mostly noticeable in battlegrounds.

By pet's state I mean, the pet is literally going "back in time" and taking an old state, concerning buffs and/or health. This occurs when mounting then dismounting in a battleground as the pet is called again when dismounting.

So let's say for example your pet was wounded, and has about 20% hp, you call it back and heal it with mend pet or anything else, let's say for full hp. If you mount up, then dismount, upon dismounting the pet is called again, with 20% hp as it was before healing, also if mend pet was still healing it and some time of it was left, upon dismounting, the mend pet's timer continues from the moment the pet disappeared (from mounting) , until it reaches its end, and still heals the pet even though it was fully healed before, because it is back to the old state (20% hp).
This can also happen in reverse, meaning if your pet dies, sometimes mounting then dismounting will bring it back to life, most likely badly wounded, but not dead as it was before.
Another thing, I believe if your pet dies in bg and you die too, the spirit healer should revive it with you (just like warlock), well the thing is, it shows the pet is revived, but it's just a visual bug, because if you call it again (mount >dismount or dismiss>call), it comes back dead, even if you don't call it, you can cast revive pet, even though the pet is showed alive in the interface.

You can see here the pet is being healed with mend pet:
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/571/2wvq.jpg
And here going back to same hp before being healed after mounting>dismounting, with mend pet effect still on:
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/11/4cod.jpg

P.S: This kind of bug does not occur in arena as your pet is always called even when mounted.

Myaoming
Former Staff

#11 » Post by Myaoming » 26 Oct 2013 12:51

Merkava wrote:Another thing, I believe if your pet dies in bg and you die too, the spirit healer should revive it with you (just like warlock)
If Warlock's minion dies, then the Warlock dies before resummoning, the minion won't ress with the Warlock and they will have to summon. It resses with them only if the Warlock died before the minion.
Elder Myaoming (aka Slardar): Level 80 Tauren Feral PvE/PvP
Siforosse of the Undercity: Level 80 Undead Affliction Warlock PvP/Demon PvE
Zibuluge of the Ashen Verdict: Level 80 Human Frost DK PvP/PvE
Inverse: Level 80 Human Fire Mage PvP/PvE
Slar: Level 80 Night Elf Resto/Feral Druid PvE

Merkava

#12 » Post by Merkava » 04 Nov 2013 04:36

Myaoming wrote: If Warlock's minion dies, then the Warlock dies before resummoning, the minion won't ress with the Warlock and they will have to summon. It resses with them only if the Warlock died before the minion.
Not true, the minion revives either ways with the warlock by the spirit healer, and a summoning is not necessary.

Myaoming
Former Staff

#13 » Post by Myaoming » 04 Nov 2013 16:31

Well I wonder if it's supposed to be that way... And it didn't use to be like that from what I recall during my PvP times.
Elder Myaoming (aka Slardar): Level 80 Tauren Feral PvE/PvP
Siforosse of the Undercity: Level 80 Undead Affliction Warlock PvP/Demon PvE
Zibuluge of the Ashen Verdict: Level 80 Human Frost DK PvP/PvE
Inverse: Level 80 Human Fire Mage PvP/PvE
Slar: Level 80 Night Elf Resto/Feral Druid PvE

Jarmen

#14 » Post by Jarmen » 05 Nov 2013 12:12

Today i did some tests with RoS vs Lava burst, for my pleasant surprise LB didn't crit, however none of the damage was transferred to pet. Later I will do more tests.