Hacking in Arena

Here you can report rule-breakers or any other undesired player behaviour.
Forum rules
- Please check the section guidelines before posting. They can be found HERE.
- Off-topic is strictly not tolerated and posts that do not contribute to the issues reported will be deliberately removed.
TheNewbieWar

Hacking in Arena

#1 » Post by TheNewbieWar » 01 Apr 2021 11:34

Dear community of TrueWoW,

It is with great regret but also disappointment that I have to make this report.
PvP is a place where players can enjoy competitive content and test their skills against each other, in an environment full of rewards. From BGs to Arenas, PvP has always been fun for me. What I find particularly fun about PvP, is that everyone is playing on an equal standing and can always refine their gameplay to get better.

For a long time now, the arena queue has been dominated by several teams that you may or may not have queued against. The number one team currently contains an arms warrior named Rival, paired with a Hpala.
Playing against players far better than me is nothing unusual and is a great learning experience, but after losing dozens of matches, my partner and I began to notice something fishy. Some of the reaction times and the damage that this opponent was throwing out was sometimes far, far, far too impressive to feel organic. I then asked several guild members and more experienced PvP players than myself for advice and their opinion on how this fellow arms warrior was pulling off these plays.

The answer was near unanimous: you can't pull off these plays.

I then began investigating this player on his different alts by recording all our gameplay against him and then reviewed hours of it, frame by frame. Unfortunately, the 80GB of recorded footage I had was burried with my computer after it passed away, but I managed collect some footage from other players.

Here is a very quick collection of clips taken from my guildy Cacha going up against this guy.
You can spot spell reflects that go off after Polymorph has been cast or 0.1sec before, superhuman reaction times when the player is supposedly focusing elsewhere and impossible spells beings cast (Thunderclap and Mortal strike cast at the same time, ignoring Global Cooldown).

This player's alts have also been spotted doing very suspicious things. His other warrior, Novus, has been dishing out ridiculous quantities of damage with little to no gear.

The arena queue is meant to be a place for people to enjoy a challenge, improve, and have fun. You can't have fun against cheaters. You can't improve against cheaters. There is no challenge against cheaters.

Free the queue, let's have fun in 2s again.

Tooze.

Jiranthos
Admin

Re: Hacking in Arena

#2 » Post by Jiranthos » 01 Apr 2021 15:00

I have reviewed the report, the video and similar reports and It does indeed appear to feature superhuman reaction and quite blatant disruption of game mechanics, namely the GCD.

Anyone else have similar things to report? This is not okay and not going to go unpunished.

Elite decked out sharks stomping regular players and dodging is dirty and discouraging, wintrading is forbidden, but this is outright disgusting.

Everybody knows that the best way to describe the ocean to a blind man is to push him in

tudorhd1

#3 » Post by tudorhd1 » 01 Apr 2021 16:50

Hello! 1st thing 1st: you've posted here 2 "lucky" polymorph reflects that happned in 5 or more full time arenas. Also, to be more specific the reaction time is not superhuman, as the mage casted a full "clean" polymorph and never fake it.

As for the no global cooldown, I can tell that your addon its not quite accurate, and I'll ask you to provide the combat log for that. Also, there is no Thunder Clap animation happend.

If you cant win a better player (+3k rated - this case), that automatically means he use hacks?

~Rival

bobsmyname
Donor

#4 » Post by bobsmyname » 01 Apr 2021 18:01

Cacha here,

Mage perspective can only show so much, as the only "sketchy" things as you can say are reflects and the one gcd issue. Showing healer perspective would show much more in the interrupts, many people have said 0.1s interrupts, ect. Additionally, even in the extended version of this footage; Blades Edge Arena (the one with the bridge) Rival is getting these insanely fast interrupts on any heal casts, but never once interrupts a mind control, completely halting the damage as they're dropped off the bridge.

Other things I've seen happen to me have been "perfect" reflects on my paladin's hoj, even on random ones, instant interrupts on heals, again paladin, however I don't have video evidence because I don't record every session I queue.

Regarding Rival's response, the implication that you can juke a reflect script is somewhat humorous, and claiming 3k arena rating, esp when it's on.. that server - known for donors and lots of scripts, also quite funny. As far as the no animation, you are right there is no animation. However there are no other spells or procs available to you that use that icon. There isn't really anything to claim here other than ig my addon bugged, which I have never seen it do.

Additionally, I have seen actual 3k rated players, and what they pull off actually doesn't look fake. You can look at it and note that it makes sense, and there's no "well, was that real?" attached to it. And claiming that you're 3k rated, and then doing things like Sweeping Strikes vs a warrior priest as arms rsham, when you're hardsitting warrior, definitely is not 3k. Instantly counteracts any hex your partner put out (again, no video.)

Anything else I'd have to say is mostly speculation, a lot around this person being Justicelight. I won't comment on that because I simply have no way of knowing, nor was I even on Truewow when those issues went down.

Known characters: Rival, Shamuren, Novus
Trans Rights

tudorhd1

#5 » Post by tudorhd1 » 01 Apr 2021 18:23

@people that have said they got 0.1s interrupts. Is there anyone who can prove it? And show some valid combat log state? Cuz I didnt see anyone to do it. And just talking trash about ppl is easy work.

@never once interrupts a mind control. I'm just not intreruppting MD when I know I have trinket ready or my partner has HOJ cooldown up. This dosent mean I never intrerput MD.

@"perfect" reflects - you talk about, on HOJ or etc, I can tell you are one of the most predictable player.

@ that server I'm talking about I'm 3k rated. Has one of the best anti-cheat systems and players that are using anything like that are instantly banned.

@Sweeping Strikes vs a warrior priest as arms rsham - I know I've use it, but the hexed target wasnt in my melee range, and it was safe to use SS.

Again. I will ask you for valid evidence, not only "talk about".

Imagine
Donor

#6 » Post by Imagine » 01 Apr 2021 18:35

ok i checked wery carefully of thease poly reflects many times.
Its not normal,
its like 0.005 sec before poly would land he equiped 1 hand sword/shield and reflected
its take a little bit longer to fucking get that Spell Reflect.
You were literally on 2h wep untill poly were land on you 0.005 sec and you did this insta.
And noone cares your 3k rating on some other server, you cant turn down the fucking facts on this video.

tudorhd1

#7 » Post by tudorhd1 » 01 Apr 2021 18:40

@Imagine. The warr macro for spellreflect allows you to press 1 buttons 2 times in a row => 1 time you equip the 1h+ shield and 2nd time you cast the spell. If you didnt know till now, spell reflect dosent get gcd with equipping weaps, that means you can do it almost instantly. There is no 0.005 as you say.

Imagine
Donor

#8 » Post by Imagine » 01 Apr 2021 19:16

tudorhd1 wrote:
01 Apr 2021 18:40
@Imagine. The warr macro for spellreflect allows you to press 1 buttons 2 times in a row => 1 time you equip the 1h+ shield and 2nd time you cast the spell. If you didnt know till now, spell reflect dosent get gcd with equipping weaps, that means you can do it almost instantly. There is no 0.005 as you say.
You dont need to explane me that thing, ive play warrior to.
Ik how that works, but to get that reflect done that fast, is unreal.
In my view this is not normal, and it will be punished for sure.
Idk why you even fight back , its more then clear whats happening here.

EDIT: that 0.0005 sec was for example, you get my point.

tudorhd1

#9 » Post by tudorhd1 » 01 Apr 2021 19:20

you play warrior "to" ? It means you shouldnt play it anymore if you are not capable to understand what I've just said.

Bradonja

#10 » Post by Bradonja » 01 Apr 2021 19:28

While you can react to a 1 sec poly cast, there's no way you can reliably use your reflect with only 0.1sec left on the cast and not get screwed over by latency, input lag etc. It's possible to get lucky reflects like that but not consistently.

Similarly, you can't 100% reliably reflect instant casts like HoJ, no matter how predictable your opponents are. Like with cloaking priest fears as a rogue, it's a gamble that works maybe 50% of the time, but in some situations the potential payoff is worth it.

If some1 is consistently reflecting in the last 0.1sec and interrupting in the first 0.1 and on top of that reflecting 100% of your HoJs and other instant cast cc, that's pretty good evidence of scripting.

As for MS+TC done in a single gcd, the scrolling combat text addon merely puts combat log entries on your screen as alerts, so unless the addon is bugging (which I haven't known it to do) they were done at the same time in the combat log as well.

Now why you feel the need to use scripts and gcd hacks while playing an arguably unbeatable 2s comp of sm warr hpal on a server with so little competition is beyond me...

TheNewbieWar

#11 » Post by TheNewbieWar » 01 Apr 2021 19:31

I've only provided 2 minutes of fun and joy here, GMs have all the footage they need. The UI Addon is fine, I've provided comparaison matches where everything I cast matches perfectly with the on-screen cues.
The rating on *a server I can't mention* is proving my point... the arena is dominated by scripters and donors. The warrior macro for spell reflect can indeed be cast very quickly, even in battle stance, but hitting reflects like these in a consitent manner is not human.
All of this is of course not taking into account the footage on Novus who gets 19 crits in a row with furious gladiator gear...

tudorhd1

#12 » Post by tudorhd1 » 01 Apr 2021 19:37

@Bradonja - If some1 is consistently reflecting in the last 0.1sec and interrupting in the first 0.1 and on top of that reflecting 100% of your HoJs and other instant cast cc, that's pretty good evidence of scripting.!!!

I admit your opinion. This is why I ask ppl to prove that I've reflect atleast 10% of the polys on 0.1sec. Also, the HOJ reflect happend 1 or 2 times in more than 10 games.

tudorhd1

#13 » Post by tudorhd1 » 01 Apr 2021 19:40

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_uJVfRQW1ms

Also, you can check at 16:44 and see the spell reflection done at 0.1 cast time

tudorhd1

#14 » Post by tudorhd1 » 01 Apr 2021 19:42

@Thenewbiewar: "hitting reflects like these in a consitent manner is not human"

What does it mean consitent manner to you? .... Refflecting 2/50 polymorph at 0.1?

TheNewbieWar

#15 » Post by TheNewbieWar » 01 Apr 2021 20:06

tudorhd1 wrote:
01 Apr 2021 19:42
@Thenewbiewar: "hitting reflects like these in a consitent manner is not human"

What does it mean consitent manner to you? .... Refflecting 2/50 polymorph at 0.1?
I'm glad you bring this up
I spent some time looking at how you played on Novus and for some time I actually thought you were just really good. But what lead me to doubt that was the difference in gameplay at different times in the match. Often, at the start of the game we are taking low damage and then something happens and you start critting like you had 100% crit chance. Of course, I'm completely unable to prove anything of what I'm saying until I (if I) manage to recover my computer.

You're not a dumb dude, neither am I. If I were to cheat, I'd cheat in a smart way, and constantly using them would be a rookie mistake. It's only logic for you to defend yourself and I'm sure we won't be seeing you cheat so much in the near future to try to clear your name, which is why I made sure to get as much footage as I could before reporting you.

Typically against Novus, you only start dealing impossible damage when needed, the rest of the time you just relax. When a window of opportunity presents itself, you start hitting 100% crit rate until we die.

Novus currently has 43% crit rate, with more gear than when we faced you for the first times. The probability of you getting the crits I recorded are below 0.000262%. Even if I gave you the benefit of the doubt, you did this in over 10 matches. Those numbers are not real, they are not possible: the combined probability of this happening is too small to even consider.

But then again, PC is dead so I can't prove anything I'm saying.

Cheers