Template Transfers

Newcomers of all levels are welcomed with their questions. There are always helpful and knowledgeable people ready to share some of their wisdom.
Skogar

Template Transfers

#1 » Post by Skogar » 24 Jun 2018 16:36

Hi Everyone,

I have some questions about template transfers. I'm looking to bring over a character to go through Outlands (at 1x experience rate). The character is a legitimate level 60 from a private server that qualifies for the transfer according to the transfer manager. Basically I started the process but then balked when I realized that I needed to turn over account information.

So I searched the forums and came up with a few posts from previous individuals faced with the same choice. Here's one:

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=35475&hilit=charact ... r+password

And this paragraph is taken directly from that post:

"The reason we need to log your character is to run a script that will output how many quests you have done, how much /played you have, how many Honorable Kills, dungeons done and so on. Part or some of that has to be high enough to transfer to here. Also we do not delete characters from template transfers (mismatched content or versions between servers), so all we'll do is log your WM toon, inspect it if it's played enough and then log off and never log in again (after which you can change your WM password back to the original one), and then create a level capped toon with some starting gold and gear for you here. Hope that was clear and easy to understand."

Is this information still correct? If so, does it apply to both realms? I'm still debating which realm to transfer to.

My level 60 has maxed tailoring and of course all skills are up to date. A calculated risk is one thing, but deleting the original character in order to gain another with no skills or professions starting out with 500 gold is not a good trade.

Thanks for your time.
Skogar - Ironman Contender
Falmari - proud owner of a Winterspring Frostsaber

IronSharona
Former Staff

Re: Template Transfers

#2 » Post by IronSharona » 24 Jun 2018 17:09

Most of that is true. We no longer provide entirely level cap characters (Level 60 only for Primal) but otherwise yes. For a template transfer we are aiming to ensure nobody bought an instant level cap but only has 5 seconds online, essentially cheating the leveling process since we dont offer more than 3x rates. For a full character copy we may also run you to a bank as we are scraping the item data so you may keep your items but we need to be able to see them all.

There's only about two staff members who process this transfer type right now and you will always get a name included for who performed your transfer, so if you have any doubts about their behaviors you can always ask or report them. We have never had an issue with compromised behavior by staff while performing a transfer before, as we tend to reserve such tasks to only our most tenured GMs.
Welcome to the new decade! Let's hope the Roaring 20's come with just as much jazz, but a bit less prohibition and Great Depression. 8-)

Skogar

#3 » Post by Skogar » 24 Jun 2018 17:36

Thanks for the quick response. I understand TrueWow's perspective.

edit: Thanks very much also for the quick transfer. I look forward to spending time on the servers.
Skogar - Ironman Contender
Falmari - proud owner of a Winterspring Frostsaber

psycroptyk

#4 » Post by psycroptyk » 29 Jun 2018 19:09

Are transfers from 2.4.3 available yet?

Eronox
MVP

#5 » Post by Eronox » 29 Jun 2018 19:10

psycroptyk wrote:
29 Jun 2018 19:09
Are transfers from 2.4.3 available yet?
You can basically transfer from any server, it's just a matter of type in transfer.
For any expansion over PW, it'd be a templated character. Else it'd be the whole character itself.

Read more here
https://truewow.org/transfer

There's things that never will be right I know, and things need changin' everywhere you go.
But 'til we start to make a move to make a few things right,
You'll never see me wear a suit of white.

- J.R Cash