Confusion about the servers

Newcomers of all levels are welcomed with their questions. There are always helpful and knowledgeable people ready to share some of their wisdom.
Zokorar

Confusion about the servers

#1 » Post by Zokorar » 12 May 2018 01:04

So, I read that there was a PvE realm but I can't seem to be able to find it. How would I be able to get onto the PvE realm?

TheTrygianLorekeeper

Re: Confusion about the servers

#2 » Post by TheTrygianLorekeeper » 12 May 2018 01:10

You're likely thinking of the PrimalWoW server, which is indeed set as a Normal(PvE) server. To switch between servers, just use the button above the character list, same as you would on retail.

Do note that Primal is simulating a "progressive" server, and is currently mimicking Burning Crusade(v2). It still uses the same Wrath(v3) client, so, again, just switch servers the same way you would on retail.
Wind be with yeh.

Zokorar

#3 » Post by Zokorar » 12 May 2018 01:18

I look at the realm select list and I see three servers, 2 of which are PvP and the third being the PTR realm. I can't see any PvE on the list.

The realms I can see are "Feronis" and "Angrathar"

TheTrygianLorekeeper

#4 » Post by TheTrygianLorekeeper » 12 May 2018 01:28

Then you're not connected to TrueWoW. Make sure that your realmlist file has this, and only this, in it:
SET realmlist login.truewow.org

Then try again. You should be seeing "TrueWoW"(The PvP server), "PrimalWoW (Progressive)" (the progressive Normal server), and "Public Test Realm" in the server list.

Edit: I'd also like to add that you shouldn't be using the same username+password combination in multiple places.
Wind be with yeh.

Zokorar

#5 » Post by Zokorar » 12 May 2018 02:00

Alright. Managed to fix it, I was by accident changing the wrong file all this time and thought it was my realmlist. Guess I should have checked more carefully.

TheTrygianLorekeeper

#6 » Post by TheTrygianLorekeeper » 12 May 2018 02:04

Ah! Easy mistake to make. Glad you got it working, and welcome!
Wind be with yeh.