Thanks in advance

Newcomers of all levels are welcomed with their questions. There are always helpful and knowledgeable people ready to share some of their wisdom.
bloodknife92

Thanks in advance

#1 » Post by bloodknife92 » 08 Mar 2018 23:43

Greetings! My name is Hal(even though my profile name doesn't line up with it). Hal is short for Halcyon, the name of my decade old main character from live WoW before I finally admitted to myself that I wasn't enjoying the game in late Warlords of Draenor, and gave my account to a friend who changed the details, so I would no longer be tempted to return to the disappointment that was current day WoW.

Between when I left live WoW and now, I've bounced between a couple of private servers. I tried Vanilla WoW, but the server wasn't genuine enough and the outdated state of the game was tough for me to enjoy. I liked it, but when I found out that the many hours I sunk into my Elemental Shaman would prove to be useless in the endgame, I decided to move forward in WoW's time. I moved to a TBC server.

I started playing WoW during TBC(live), but it was right on the tail end, so I never got to experience any TBC content. I enjoyed and am still enjoying my time on the server I moved to, enjoying the challenge of managing stats, buffs galore, talents etc on my Protection Paladin, the class that truly embodies who I am. I got to level 67, but slowly lost interest. I've recently rekindled that interest, but not for the Burning Crusade. No, I wanted to return to my absolute favourite expansion: Wrath of the Lich King.

I'm in the process of migrating my TBC character over to here, so I can gain a single level and jump right into my utmost favourite content! I'm keen for the daily quests! I'm keen for Halls of Stone! I'm keen to kill Kel'thuzad, Yogg-saron, Anub'arak and the Lich King again, and again, and again! I was heartbroken when Cataclysm spelled the end for Wotlk on live, but now that I get to enjoy it without the stresses of an imminent expansion, I'm uncontrollably excited!

So I would like to thank the team here at True WoW for making this possible, as well as the entire playerbase for making this server visible to me! I look forward to contributing to such a great service, and I really enjoy that I can swap between TBC and Wotlk on demand without knowing that they're going to be gone one day.

Thank you! I hope I can return my gratitude to everyone I meet.

Brennus

Re: Thanks in advance

#2 » Post by Brennus » 09 Mar 2018 09:16

Welcome to the server! :tick:

Remember you can enter

Code: Select all

/join World
when you first log-in to join the global chat.
If you need anything, using the World chat is the best idea, though you can always ask on forums as well.

I hope you enjoy your stay.
Looking forward to meet you in-game. ^_^

Good luck and have fun, mate.
•     Currently No longer Once again retired (now it's for real)     •

bakiss

#3 » Post by bakiss » 09 Mar 2018 11:26

Welcome and enjoy 8-)

Kniteknite

#4 » Post by Kniteknite » 09 Mar 2018 20:59

cheers and welcome ~ :)
" French fries are like steaks, where the potato is the cow and gets cut up, like meat does, only on a smaller scale. "