Newbie just need opinions

Newcomers of all levels are welcomed with their questions. There are always helpful and knowledgeable people ready to share some of their wisdom.
giawow

Newbie just need opinions

#1 » Post by giawow » 02 Feb 2018 10:25

Hello people of Truewow
I am a complete new player in wow and i was wondering what might be a good class to begin with.
I already read online that Hunters and Warlocks are a good choice but i would like a little challenge. Nothing too hard tho, i don't want to get bored getting killed all the time and quit the class.
I would prefer a class that does not move around a lot (my coordination is awful) yet be helpful to other players while leveling and learning the game. Maybe a healer? In that case which healer class?

Dreadnought101

Re: Newbie just need opinions

#2 » Post by Dreadnought101 » 02 Feb 2018 10:58

A druid or paladin would suit your needs I think as they offer both dps and healing options (or tanking if thats your thing) and even dps you have a lot of options to still do some off-heals to stay alive. Paladins are simpler and require less movement, druids more complex.
Degaris
-
A wise man once introduced me to this game "It shall protect your virginity my lad." He said...

Fitzpatrick
Honorary Member

Re: Newbie just need opinions

#3 » Post by Fitzpatrick » 02 Feb 2018 13:13

I would suggest shaman:
On the healer side, they are quite good and only have a limited number of heals.

On the damage dealing side, Elemental shaman (the ranged, caster version) have a simple rotation and don't require a lot of movement because they are a) casting and b) ranged. People would also probably be willing to overlook this as they provide a great, unique raid-wide buff in Totem of Wrath.

As to your increasing challenge, as you get more experienced you can add in extra duties (interrupting, kiting, etc) and will hopefully keep the class fresh for you. Good luck and welcome to the server!
Fitzsimmons / Bibimbap / Fitzpatrick