Hello everyone

Newcomers of all levels are welcomed with their questions. There are always helpful and knowledgeable people ready to share some of their wisdom.
Youjiggs

Hello everyone

#1 » Post by Youjiggs » 14 Nov 2017 16:37

Hello everyone, I've recently came back to wow just to find out that the server where I played on, kinda died off, the population is significantly lower now and it's not playable anymore, so I wanted to find a new home. I saw this server just by searching some memes and the name popped somewhere, not still sure where, so anyhow, if anybody has some useful info on the realms, populations, needed classes/specs, some general stuff overall, it will all be useful to me so and help me create the right first char, have fun everyone! :)

P.S: Had to choose the icon, but still :D I also came from a wotlk progressive realm

IronSharona
Former Staff

Re: Hello everyone

#2 » Post by IronSharona » 14 Nov 2017 20:20

Welcome! I hope you enjoy your time here! Please let us know if there's anything we can do to improve your experience. :)

Hope to see you in game some time!
Welcome to the new decade! Let's hope the Roaring 20's come with just as much jazz, but a bit less prohibition and Great Depression. 8-)

Deim

#3 » Post by Deim » 14 Nov 2017 22:05

Hello Youjiggs and welcome to community. As for requested info:
-Truewow realm is endcontent 3.3.5a which has it's glory days past behind. Has been runing quite long and all content has been cleared already countless times. It's inhabitet mostly by veterans.

-Primalwow realm is unique concept of progressing through vanilla-tbc-wrath, on single client (3.3.5a) We were locked to level 60 for past two years. Few months ago we underwent TBC release and currently we are halfway in T5 content. We use wotlk mechanics with level 70 cap, with custom tweaks to keep content challenging. That means TBC meta doesnt apply and you need to do theorycrafing on your own ;)

For picking class for sure taking tank class makes leveling easier as you are more likely to get rdf queues to pop, dps wise hard to say wrath was more or less balanced on Primal tho highest dps are Rogues, Hunters, Paladins, enh shamans, warriors and warlocks not to far behind them.
Pick whatever floats your boat, communities on both realms are quite friendly and welcoming.
TrueWoW - Retired
PrimalWoW - Retired
Rest in pepperoni Crimson
RIP in pepperoni Aftershock
Spokesman of Aftershock in case of any questions/complaints hit me up in game or via PM.

Disclaimer: What I write on behalf guild doesn't always corelate with my own beliefs.

Dunkelstein

#4 » Post by Dunkelstein » 14 Nov 2017 23:33

Check out
https://truewow.org/statistics?fromlvl= ... in=2592000
https://truewow.org/transfer

Keep in mind that everything is cross-faction on Primal from dungeons, raids to BGs and arena.
Aka Funkelstein

Youjiggs

#5 » Post by Youjiggs » 15 Nov 2017 09:24

I suppose that Primalwow is then my choice, I see you have transfers too and I'll try to transfer my old character here. I've been raiding on dalaran-wow because of the people I've raided with and I was looking to find the similar place somewhere else, but it was hard because people see raids somewhere as a job and they login just for them, finish them and log off, I actually prefer talking, laughing and just having fun while raiding and actually going for some hard mode achievements/raids too, I raid to have fun :D Thanks for all of your input, I'm just sad that the achievements won't be transfered if your applications gets approved, I'll just have to do them again I suppose :) Thanks a lot again and I might see you guys in-game

Kniteknite

#6 » Post by Kniteknite » 16 Nov 2017 01:02

You are most welcome ~ :D
" French fries are like steaks, where the potato is the cow and gets cut up, like meat does, only on a smaller scale. "