Some Basics on Group (and Game) Etiquette

Newcomers of all levels are welcomed with their questions. There are always helpful and knowledgeable people ready to share some of their wisdom.
Deim

Re: Some Basics on Group (and Game) Etiquette

#16 » Post by Deim » 10 Nov 2017 16:29

Fitzpatrick wrote:
10 Nov 2017 15:30
Being friendly is always good advice, but I feel the need to point out that if one is constantly being "told how to play your class", its probably because one is doing something inefficiently. Playing poorly is perhaps just as bad as being an elitist jerk if it means people dieing or missing DPS checks.

One can either protect one's ego, dismiss the criticism as rudeness, and stagnate, or you can examine it as constructive or not and become a better player. As this is a PVE realm, I have to assume everyone has aspirations at atleast 10-man raids: one can either iron out spec/gear/rotation in dungeons or one can ignore it and objectively be a negative on your guild's progress once you get to the big stage.

When I first got to 60, I had a 1.12-style spec which sucked. Guild members gave me advice and I get better. Everyone goes through that with a new situation. Defensiveness does no one any good.
I rarely agree with Fitz but probably for first time or 2nd time I do.
TrueWoW - Retired
PrimalWoW - Retired
Rest in pepperoni Crimson
RIP in pepperoni Aftershock
Spokesman of Aftershock in case of any questions/complaints hit me up in game or via PM.

Disclaimer: What I write on behalf guild doesn't always corelate with my own beliefs.

Stavromoon

#17 » Post by Stavromoon » 10 Nov 2017 20:44

I'm not being told "constantly" how to play my class. It was one jerk. I am not going to mention names but they know who they are. I also notice they have essentially disappeared from the server.

I got a lot of private messages supporting me on this btw, which causes me to think, "there must be some reason they aren't doing it publicly".

If you want this server to grow, perhaps it is time to think about how we treat the new people. If they are ganking it up, ask them nicely: "Can I make a suggestion?"

An ounce of sugar beats a pound of vinegar yada yada yada ...

natnat123
Former Staff

#18 » Post by natnat123 » 10 Nov 2017 21:59

most of the people on here i have found to be nice people who try to offer genuine advice to help someone. ofc there are a few morons. but there are also people that wont accept help and see it as an insult instead. 1 jerk should not have sparked up a forum post like this. if someone is being an ass. ignore them and let it go. i can say for damn sure that at least 90% of the people on here are not like the few who are morons. cant paint everyone with the same brush.

Sagiri
Donor

#19 » Post by Sagiri » 11 Nov 2017 00:34

Fastor wrote:
10 Nov 2017 12:49
Pure example is me teaching Sagiri how to pew pew :D
The only thing you taught me, senpai, is how to dodge all possible picture requests.
By now I`ve mastered it to a point where the only living being that talks to me from time to time is my cat.
Thank you for the lectures :roll:

To the OP: Don`t be 11yo, ignore hammer and move on D:
~~~dissapears for another few months.
` I'm taking it slow, feeding my flame.
Shuffling the cards of your game...
And just in time and in the right place
Suddenly I will play my ace.`

Fastor

#20 » Post by Fastor » 11 Nov 2017 12:15

OMG YOU GOT A CAT!!!!

Kniteknite

#21 » Post by Kniteknite » 11 Nov 2017 21:02

"4: Be patient.......Chill. It's a game, enjoy the ride!" a concept lost on so many ppl these days. Running and gunning ahead of a drinking tapped out healer falls under this category i believe
Fastor wrote:
11 Nov 2017 12:15
OMG YOU GOT A CAT!!!!
:tick:
Scratch Master B
" French fries are like steaks, where the potato is the cow and gets cut up, like meat does, only on a smaller scale. "