Looking for options..

Newcomers of all levels are welcomed with their questions. There are always helpful and knowledgeable people ready to share some of their wisdom.
Willes1

Looking for options..

#1 » Post by Willes1 » 11 Oct 2017 16:56

Hi.

So, first of all, I currently play on Warmane Outland, and I might be looking for a new server. However...

I want to switch from TBC to Wotlk, but I want a server that has just been released / will soon move into wotlk. I found this server, which looked very promising, still doing TBC stuff and all that, but coming from a server that peaks 13k people in the evening, I find this servers population somewhat of a problem.

Now I want to know, how bad / good is it actually? Is it even playable atm, any raids / groups / bgs?

Other that that, how well is the server scripted? :)

Cheers,
Q

Fitzpatrick
Honorary Member

Re: Looking for options..

#2 » Post by Fitzpatrick » 11 Oct 2017 17:03

I should point out first that Primal is on 3.3.5 patch but is locked at TBC content and wont be progressing to Northrend for another 1.5years or so. Im not sure if thats what you intended.

To answer your question, join a good active guild and you wont notice it much in PVE. PVP is fairly hit or miss at the moment until honor starts mattering.
Fitzsimmons / Bibimbap / Fitzpatrick

Willes1

#3 » Post by Willes1 » 11 Oct 2017 17:09

Hmm, might be a bit longer than I had hoped for, but might work non the less. I just want to know if it's playable at all, or is grouping etc a pain in the ass?

Willes1

#4 » Post by Willes1 » 11 Oct 2017 22:21

And what about Character transfer?

I see that I require to have a char on some certain servers with some certain criteria. Well, Nostalrius went to shit, so lost my 60 char there, might have transferred it to elysium, gotta check that out, all my retail characters have been inactive since WoD, Warmane outland doesn't count...

Is there any other way to actually get a character on here, without having to level through 1-60? Outland I don't mind, but I've leveled more than enough chars through vanilla content. Donations? Anything?

It would be fun to do this to pass time during off days while raiding on warmane, maybe even raiding here now and then.

Thanks again,
Q

Fitzpatrick
Honorary Member

#5 » Post by Fitzpatrick » 12 Oct 2017 00:35

If youre character meets criteria like played-time or quests completed, you should be able to get a predefined template character from a number of servers. If you questions after reading
https://truewow.org/transfer
you should probably ask a GM by making a ticket in game or by posting a specific question on the forums. GL!
Fitzsimmons / Bibimbap / Fitzpatrick

Dunkelstein

#6 » Post by Dunkelstein » 12 Oct 2017 00:52

I'd say the best times for grouping are EU and NA Primetimes (around 18:00-22:00 GMT+1 and GMT-7). Outside of that, you'll need some major luck to find a dungeon group (atleast as dps). Not sure about the possibilities of finding dungeon groups while leveling solo atm.

As for raiding, I would estimate that there are around 10 groups clearing Kara each week (some on alts) and around 5 raids clearing Magtheridon and Gruul's Lair, spread throughout the guilds <Logic>, <Debauchery Tea Party>, <Exalted Reputation> and <Murmur>. True PuGs not so much, maybe some raids needing a replacement here and there.
T5 was just released today, so we'll have to see how that goes and if it brings more players back.

Only way to skip levels are transfers or Recruit a Friend. No donations. If you keep using rested bonus while mainly playing on another server it's not so much of a chore imo, just gotta stick with it to make it worth.
Aka Funkelstein