Adoption

Newcomers of all levels are welcomed with their questions. There are always helpful and knowledgeable people ready to share some of their wisdom.
3l3m3nts

Adoption

#1 » Post by 3l3m3nts » 26 Sep 2017 07:42

Never had the chance to delve deeper in to WoW, probably afraid of losing all fun in a spreadsheet screen of numbers and been too long since i last skimmed through some surface only content, in sort: clueless.
Coming here seeking to find a balance between relaxation and reasonable effort, more towards the former or call it a lazy a... You get my point, so i wonder if there's groups adopting pups like me and also what's "progression server" cause it sounds like coming late and you missed your chance.
Or am I in a wrong place and page altogether. Would be lovely to know.

Lysmo - a god forsaken undead little warlock.

Dunkelstein

Re: Adoption

#2 » Post by Dunkelstein » 26 Sep 2017 16:30

Progression servers or Progress through Expansion (PTE) Servers are private servers that... well, progress through several expansions or raid tiers.
You can relive several expansion on the same character with your friends on the same realm. Raid Tiers are also released on a schedule here. That's the progression part.

Right now, there is a lot to do if you just want to play casually. Karazhan 10 man for example.
With the next raid tier coming next month, the 'old' tier will also get nerfed (Gruul and Magtheridon). So that's even more content for players that aren't 'super hardcore elite'.
Aka Funkelstein

Dunkelstein

#3 » Post by Dunkelstein » 26 Sep 2017 16:32

And no, since there is always more new content coming, you're not late to the party.
There's always enough time to catch up with gear, too.
Aka Funkelstein

Fitzpatrick
Honorary Member

#4 » Post by Fitzpatrick » 26 Sep 2017 16:58

The best place to ask for a guild is in /world chat. There are a number of more casually oriented guilds. If you are a EU player, I would recommend Sanctuary. They are patient, helpful, and friendly folks.
Fitzsimmons / Bibimbap / Fitzpatrick

IronSharona
Former Staff

#5 » Post by IronSharona » 27 Sep 2017 01:05

Welcome to Primal! I hope you enjoy yourself here.
If there's anything you need, do not hesitate to let me know :)

I bet you'll be able to find a place to fit in here as well; do not fear you are too casual or unknowledgable. There are plenty of people around willing to help you through anything if you can find them.
Welcome to the new decade! Let's hope the Roaring 20's come with just as much jazz, but a bit less prohibition and Great Depression. 8-)