Current expansion

Newcomers of all levels are welcomed with their questions. There are always helpful and knowledgeable people ready to share some of their wisdom.
shteffy

Current expansion

#1 » Post by shteffy » 22 Sep 2017 12:15

Hello everybody,

I am just starting to play on this server, and I want to enjoy the journey through the release of TBC and WoTLK.
My question would be, currently, in spetember 2017, what is the expansion that is available?

Also, when I made my Primal WoW account, I left it at WoTLK. Will this come in conflict with the current expansion of the game?

Thanks a lot for all the help and info! Looking forward to playing with all you guys.

natnat123
Former Staff

Re: Current expansion

#2 » Post by natnat123 » 22 Sep 2017 12:46

heya, primal wow is is currently in TBC phase. has never been to wrath phase? so im guessing you are talking about truewow?

anyway, yeah. primal wow is currently at TBC phase and coming to the end of T4 with first T5 raid due to be released next month at some point. outland world bosses have also recently been added.

have fun! :)

Dunkelstein

#3 » Post by Dunkelstein » 22 Sep 2017 14:17

I think shteffy is talking about when you can choose an expansion at Account creation.
I don't think it matters what you choose there. If you want to Cap Your Level at any point you can still just use the blizzlike exp terminator NPC.

As for current expansion, what Nat said.
Aka Funkelstein

Fitzpatrick
Honorary Member

#4 » Post by Fitzpatrick » 22 Sep 2017 15:51

Just leave it at WOTLK. It wont affect your gameplay at all (everything past current content is locked) but people that had confusedly set their expansion to Vanilla had issues when TBC released.
Fitzsimmons / Bibimbap / Fitzpatrick

dgreenbe

#5 » Post by dgreenbe » 22 Sep 2017 19:02

Dunkelstein wrote:
22 Sep 2017 14:17
If you want to Cap Your Level at any point you can still just use the blizzlike exp terminator NPC.
woah where is dis

IronSharona
Former Staff

#6 » Post by IronSharona » 22 Sep 2017 19:20

dgreenbe wrote:
22 Sep 2017 19:02
Dunkelstein wrote:
22 Sep 2017 14:17
If you want to Cap Your Level at any point you can still just use the blizzlike exp terminator NPC.
woah where is dis
Depends on your faction. Should be Hall of the Brave in Orgrimmar for the Horde and the War Room in Stormwind for the Alliance.
Welcome to the new decade! Let's hope the Roaring 20's come with just as much jazz, but a bit less prohibition and Great Depression. 8-)