Is this project alive?

Newcomers of all levels are welcomed with their questions. There are always helpful and knowledgeable people ready to share some of their wisdom.
Masterbait

Is this project alive?

#1 » Post by Masterbait » 20 Sep 2017 09:07

Hey, yesterday morning i've requested 4 transfers in total and none of them are finished nor did i get any sort of information about their status.

Lvl 70 Paladin from Excalibur
Lvl 70 Hunter from Hellfire
Lvl 60 Priest from Anathema/Elysium
Lvl 60 Hunter from Anathema/Elysium

Is there a way to see if something has happened with them?

Fitzpatrick
Honorary Member

Re: Is this project alive?

#2 » Post by Fitzpatrick » 20 Sep 2017 12:24

Transfers usually take 24-48 hours unless there is a spike in requests. The transfer page used to say that but apparently lost it on the last edit. Also, check your PMs in case they were rejected.
Fitzsimmons / Bibimbap / Fitzpatrick

Dunkelstein

#3 » Post by Dunkelstein » 20 Sep 2017 12:34

From what I know, most of the transfers from other servers are done manually (gear/reputation/bank etc. added by hand).
Most of the staff is probably also really busy right now (new raid tier releasing soon, new events + Brewfest)

Have some patience, keep us up to date please.
Aka Funkelstein

IronSharona
Former Staff

#4 » Post by IronSharona » 20 Sep 2017 14:07

I think there must have been something wrong with your transfer requests. I have checked both the transfer tool and your account log and can see no record of you requesting transfers. You're going to need to resubmit for us to take a look.

Ensure for each transfer requested that you click the accept terms check box and receive a confirmation page after submitting. If you don't get the confirmation page, we don't get your request.

Fitz got it exactly right, as well. We aim for 24-48 hour turnaround max and if you haven't gotten an answer by then, it most likely means there was a technical glitch somewhere along the way.
Welcome to the new decade! Let's hope the Roaring 20's come with just as much jazz, but a bit less prohibition and Great Depression. 8-)

Masterbait

#5 » Post by Masterbait » 22 Sep 2017 19:26

Well, looks like no one cares for new players and their transfers.
Tried it 3x now and still nothing. Better play somewhere else then.

IronSharona
Former Staff

#6 » Post by IronSharona » 22 Sep 2017 19:49

Masterbait wrote:
22 Sep 2017 19:26
We'd be happy to keep trying to help you figure out why your submissions are not going through successfully, but you'll need to keep communicating with us when things do not work correctly. What I can tell you now is that this is not a universal problem: the tool is not down and other people are not reporting issues submitting transfer requests.

Other than my suggestions to check for in the post above, it could be possible your applications are being auto-rejected for containing too many characters in the text boxes. If you are writing a LOT try to condense it down a bit or shorten any URLs with a tool like TinyURL.
Welcome to the new decade! Let's hope the Roaring 20's come with just as much jazz, but a bit less prohibition and Great Depression. 8-)

Masterbait

#7 » Post by Masterbait » 22 Sep 2017 20:17

IronSharona
Former Staff

#8 » Post by IronSharona » 22 Sep 2017 20:21

Masterbait wrote:
22 Sep 2017 20:17
Both of those account names are game account names, actually. You have two.

Other than the username and password field being empty, that should be okay. You are entering a username and password, yes? We need to be able to log into your account (not retail, but all others) to confirm your effort put in game and, if you're getting a full character transfer, scrape the data. For security, all passwords are deleted after the application has been accepted/rejected.

natnat123
Former Staff

#9 » Post by natnat123 » 22 Sep 2017 20:31

Masterbait wrote:
22 Sep 2017 19:26
need to talk to people in order to resolve problems that may come up. be patient. no need to be rude.

Masterbait

#10 » Post by Masterbait » 22 Sep 2017 20:39

IronSharona wrote:
22 Sep 2017 20:21
Masterbait wrote:
22 Sep 2017 20:17
Both of those account names are game account names, actually. You have two.

Other than the username and password field being empty, that should be okay. You are entering a username and password, yes? We need to be able to log into your account (not retail, but all others) to confirm your effort put in game and, if you're getting a full character transfer, scrape the data. For security, all passwords are deleted after the application has been accepted/rejected.
YOU log into MY accs? Are you serious? I left both username and password empty becase i thought that is only for retail accs (like in the description for retail transfers).

IronSharona
Former Staff

#11 » Post by IronSharona » 22 Sep 2017 20:44

Masterbait wrote:
22 Sep 2017 20:39
YOU log into MY accs? Are you serious? I left both username and password empty becase i thought that is only for retail accs (like in the description for retail transfers).
If I'm the one processing the transfer, yes, I will log into the accounts you wish to transfer from. There are a few other staff members who run transfers as well so it could also be them instead of me specifically.
Retail transfers are the ones that take screenshots. All other transfer types require us to access your account.

We have been using this transfer system for years now and you can ask around: we aren't doing anything to your account we shouldn't be. The only changes we may make are running your character to the nearest bank (full transfers are able to take the entire contents of their bank with them, but we need to be able to see it to know what's inside) or un-tracking reputation (causes errors during the full transfer data scrape if reps are tracked). Plenty of people are around who have gotten transfers to vouch for the safety of your account if you are still uncertain. We do also recommend that you create a new password just before and just after the transfer, for your own peace of mind.

Masterbait

#12 » Post by Masterbait » 22 Sep 2017 21:14

Well , then my journey ends here. I surely will not give my data away to play on a dead server.

Etro
Honorary Member

#13 » Post by Etro » 22 Sep 2017 22:18

Ufff, the cancer we just dodged, guys.

Locking.
"With life, no matter what you do, you are all in. This is going to kill you. Might as well play the most magnificent game you can while you're waiting, because... Do you have anything better to do? Really?"