Abilities not working?

Newcomers of all levels are welcomed with their questions. There are always helpful and knowledgeable people ready to share some of their wisdom.
crichelle

Abilities not working?

#1 » Post by crichelle » 14 Jun 2017 15:14

Hi All,

I am a new player to both TrueWoW and WoW in general (held out for 13 years, then broke down and signed up for TrueWow). I have a question regarding abilities gained from Talent Trees and Professions. I am playing on the Primal server as a druid and I noticed that there are a couple abilities that are in my spellbook that I cannot use. In particular "Feral Charge" from the talent tree won't work either as a cat or bear and "Lifeblood" from my herbalism doesn't seem to work either. Are these additional talents disabled on this server or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks

Fitzpatrick
Honorary Member

Re: Abilities not working?

#2 » Post by Fitzpatrick » 14 Jun 2017 15:36

Lifeblood, as well as all the gathering-profession-based abilities such as the extra health from mining or the crit from skinning, are disabled until WOTLK content when they were originally added on retail. There is a server broadcast about it that gets spammed to your chat about it, even.

Feral charge works fine. Make sure you are using the appropriate ability for the form and in the correct form. Is it that youre trying to macro it? You need to use "/cast Feral Charge (Bear)" and not just /cast Feral Charge.

Welcome to the server!
Fitzsimmons / Bibimbap / Fitzpatrick

Brennus

Re: Abilities not working?

#3 » Post by Brennus » 14 Jun 2017 16:18

Welcome to the server, mate!

Fitzpatrick wrote:
14 Jun 2017 15:36
Feral charge works fine. Make sure you are using the appropriate ability for the form and in the correct form.

May I suggest this macro?

Code: Select all

#showtooltip
/startattack [stance:1/3,nostealth,harm,nodead]
/cast [stance:1] Feral Charge - Bear; [stance:3] Feral Charge - Cat; !Cat Form

How this macro works:
• Starts auto-attacking if you are in a feral form;
• Casts feral charge according to your current form;
• If not in bear or cat form, it shifts you to cat;

Remember you can change this macro to fit your needs (E.G. if you want to shift to bear when not in a feral form, just change the last "!Cat Form" to "!Bear Form" or "!Dire Bear Form")

Hope it helps
•     Currently No longer Once again retired (now it's for real)     •