New to the WoW scene.

Newcomers of all levels are welcomed with their questions. There are always helpful and knowledgeable people ready to share some of their wisdom.
rocsinao

New to the WoW scene.

#1 » Post by rocsinao » 21 Mar 2017 23:37

I have been bouncing from server to server and either the community doesn't sit right with me, or it shuts down thus preventing me from progressing past level 20 or so. I've seen a lot of good things about this server and I'm excited for it's TBC release. I am used to larger populations but considering I have no WoW experience, I think a smaller server is my better fit. I wanted to begin my WoW journey from the start of the releases, so naturally I've been looking for Vanilla/TBC servers such as this one.

tl;dr I've never played WoW past level 20, and will likely be learning how to "crawl" and experience content here first. I'm excited to become apart of the community and learn how to actually play this game.

Thanks for listening, my download is up in 15 minutes! :D

Eronox
MVP

Re: New to the WoW scene.

#2 » Post by Eronox » 21 Mar 2017 23:43

After your bouncing, I hope you finally would find "home"! :)
Welcome to TrueWoW community! We do hope you shall enyoy your stay. If you should find yourself in problems, you always have us staff to lean towards.

Welcome!

There's things that never will be right I know, and things need changin' everywhere you go.
But 'til we start to make a move to make a few things right,
You'll never see me wear a suit of white.

- J.R Cash

rocsinao

#3 » Post by rocsinao » 21 Mar 2017 23:50

Eronox wrote:
21 Mar 2017 23:43
After your bouncing, I hope you finally would find "home"! :)
Welcome to TrueWoW community! We do hope you shall enyoy your stay. If you should find yourself in problems, you always have us staff to lean towards.

Welcome!
Thanks! I'll likely be playing on Primal WoW. I'm a little worried about Quests that require groups and how long that may or may not take. Like I said, I'm not used to smaller servers but I am hoping this will finally be my home :P

skyx

#4 » Post by skyx » 22 Mar 2017 00:01

rocsinao wrote:
21 Mar 2017 23:37
I have been bouncing from server to server and either the community doesn't sit right with me, or it shuts down thus preventing me from progressing past level 20 or so. I've seen a lot of good things about this server and I'm excited for it's TBC release. I am used to larger populations but considering I have no WoW experience, I think a smaller server is my better fit. I wanted to begin my WoW journey from the start of the releases, so naturally I've been looking for Vanilla/TBC servers such as this one.

tl;dr I've never played WoW past level 20, and will likely be learning how to "crawl" and experience content here first. I'm excited to become apart of the community and learn how to actually play this game.

Thanks for listening, my download is up in 15 minutes! :D
My number 1 tip is to learn to play with keybinds and mouse turning first and foremost instead of learning

(and then "unlearning") spell clicking and backpedalling (it is 2017 and not 2007 :P)

http://www.wowhead.com/guide=875/the-ar ... keybinding

I have seen so many morons here (mainly ret paladins) keyboard turning in PvP after playing this game for years lol.

IronSharona
Former Staff

#5 » Post by IronSharona » 22 Mar 2017 01:26

Welcome to Primal!
We might have a low population, but we have enough people to keep things moving. If you have trouble with group quests just ask for help in world chat and if nobody responds, there's usually plenty of other things you can work on in the meantime. Help will come eventually!

If you have any questions about the game or the server, don't be a stranger! Helping new players is one of my favorite things to do :)
Welcome to the new decade! Let's hope the Roaring 20's come with just as much jazz, but a bit less prohibition and Great Depression. 8-)

Agame

#6 » Post by Agame » 22 Mar 2017 05:08

And once you join a guild, any guild, be friendly and nice. So by the time you need and ask for help probably one of the guild's maximum level player will make a short detour and crush the very soul out of the mobs that seemed imposible to defeat by you :)

It happened to me many times (Hogger, Hogger...). And also when you need a low lvl instance done and can't find another 4 players your lvl to do it together... With a high lvl guildie one of my toons got all Moonbruck and Stockade quests solved in less than 30 mins for both instances together.
Ally for life

Jhops

#7 » Post by Jhops » 22 Mar 2017 21:09

I'm brand new as of yesterday here as well. My in game name is Hoppy on my main, add me to your friends list and I can help answer anything I can. Played retail for about 8 years.

Jiranthos
Admin

#8 » Post by Jiranthos » 22 Mar 2017 21:59

Jhops wrote:
22 Mar 2017 21:09
I'm brand new as of yesterday here as well. My in game name is Hoppy on my main, add me to your friends list and I can help answer anything I can. Played retail for about 8 years.

Glad to see you onboard, Hoppy. :)

Everybody knows that the best way to describe the ocean to a blind man is to push him in