Newbie here

Newcomers of all levels are welcomed with their questions. There are always helpful and knowledgeable people ready to share some of their wisdom.
BrimstoneJack

Newbie here

#1 » Post by BrimstoneJack » 02 Dec 2016 16:57

First progressive server, first 1x server (never even played retail), first pve server. Looking for a group or guild for help leveling, raiding, dungeons, etc.

JersonRP

Re: Newbie here

#2 » Post by JersonRP » 02 Dec 2016 17:05

Hi, I'm a newbie too. My character is a Human Paladin. You can find me as JersonRP.

Gnurg

#3 » Post by Gnurg » 02 Dec 2016 17:14

Welcome to the server!

If you're looking for a guild as a new player to the game, provided you play during European time, I would recommend Murmur or Sanctuary. While Vanilla Knights and Debauchery Team Party are the largest European guilds, it might be better to join a more casual guild, so you don't end up being carried through the first raids, but instead make it through 'hard' work and some dedication. It can be awfully dull if you breeze through the raids without any struggles, just to not be invited to the raid they're currently progressing (Naxx, AQ40).

Most of the time, while you're levelling, I would recommend pre-grouping for dungeon finder (find a tank and healer). There's no experience loss if you're in a party with the other members are far away, so it's no harm. Just ask around in the lookingforgroup channel and you should manage to find someone, even if they're not in your guild. /who <level range> (i.e. /who 15-20, if you're level 17), then asking them, might as well be an option.
HAI
CAN HAZ STDIO?
VISIBLE "HAI WORLD, IZ GNURF!"
KTHXBYE

BrimstoneJack

#4 » Post by BrimstoneJack » 02 Dec 2016 22:34

Thanks! I joined Murmur, and have already gotten a bit of help. Only problem I'm having is with lag/latency. I installed Leatrix, but it still comes and goes. It's been a VERY windy day here, so there may be issues with the power lines, but it's something I need to keep an eye on.