How is the ping ASIA/South East Asia

Newcomers of all levels are welcomed with their questions. There are always helpful and knowledgeable people ready to share some of their wisdom.
iamTony

How is the ping ASIA/South East Asia

#1 » Post by iamTony » 22 May 2016 13:23

Greetings!,

I've been looking forward to playing WoW again and the last time I played was probably 7-8 Years ago on a TBC private server not even retail. I wanted to ask how is the latency around asia cause I mean it's gonna be hella hard if the ping is too high. Also how would it be like leveling from 1 to cap as I've seen in posts pop is around 200-300. Lastly I wanted to ask you guys how is the community and what you like about this server.

Thanks in advance! :D :D :D

Mortium

Re: How is the ping ASIA/South East Asia

#2 » Post by Mortium » 22 May 2016 13:33

Greetings and welcome!

To see your actual latency you are able to ping it from the cmd prompt by inputting:

Code: Select all

ping -t login.truewow.org
I can say that from what I have heard from friends and what not, it's not too difficult to play with 200-300 latency. It will mean that you simply have a 0.2-0.3 seconds delay and that's about it. The problem is however if you have it spiking, then even having 50 ms (0.05 delay) will not really help you since you will really feel the lag! But if you have constant, you won't really feel much difference. In both PvE and PvP you will most likely be able to react to actions going toward you.

iamTony

#3 » Post by iamTony » 22 May 2016 13:44

Thanks, Yeah I'm having around 317-320ms seems fine and constant. Also I see on the homepage "TRUEWOW REALM" population 250 is that for all? vanilla,bc,wotlk ?

Mortium

#4 » Post by Mortium » 22 May 2016 13:58

We have two realms as you can see on the website.

TrueWoW: WotLK content on WotLK client (3.3.5) static realm (will stay at WotLK content)
PrimalWoW: Vanilla content on WotLK client (3.3.5) progression realm (will continue progressing first in vanilla, then to tbc and then finally to wotlk where it will stop)

Relina

#5 » Post by Relina » 22 May 2016 15:35

Depending on your ISP, you might be able to get them to enable upload bandwidth QoS for you specifically for any online gaming servers that you use.
If the above doesn't help you might also try using a gaming oriented vpn software like Pingzapper*, it can lower the latency quite a bit too depending on routing that happens between you & the server.

But as Mortium said, a latency which is constant @ 300-350 is way preferable to a latency which spikes up & down even if the lower end is around 50ms.

* : Disclaimer I haven't used this in a while so I'm unsure if it is still effective, but back when I was on my old ISP it helped me reduce my latency from 450ms+ to 200-210ms.
Truewow: Retired for now.
Peace - Lvl: 80 Paladin

Primalwow: Retired for now.
Relina - Lvl: 70 Paladin

I'm willing to become a stone bridge.
Just...
to catch a glimpse of you passing by.

mcheka

#6 » Post by mcheka » 22 May 2016 15:54

Welcome to TW! The community is very friendly as far as gaming communities go. Leveling is not a problem, but it can be hard to find low level dungeon groups when it's not server primetime (European primetime). You'll probably have a constant 350+ ms ping without any programs like pingzapper. It's doable for PvE but I think would be tough for PvP. The stated population is for our WotLK realm. Hope you enjoy your stay!
Aurelian the Immortal
<Massive Forearms>
Danuvius of Inquisition

Kagestar

#7 » Post by Kagestar » 23 May 2016 16:18

Hey friend, welcome to the server. I'm currently living in Tokyo, and I get about 350ms average latency. So you should have similar if not a little less depending on your I.S.P

Enjoy your stay.

kylepmorris5

#8 » Post by kylepmorris5 » 08 Jun 2016 07:38

Deleted.
Last edited by Guest on 25 Nov 2016 13:43, edited 1 time in total.

Fastor

#9 » Post by Fastor » 09 Jun 2016 09:49

Making account for one post here....hm seem bit odd.

Anyway, PureVPN is not free while Pingzaper is free if you reset it each hour. Not all want to spend money on private site, especially if there is no way to spend ^_^

patrickjburt

#10 » Post by patrickjburt » 25 Sep 2018 14:00

Deleted.

Dunkmaestro

#11 » Post by Dunkmaestro » 26 Sep 2018 16:51

I have seen shills, I have seen necros, but I have never seen necro-shilling.

I would highly advise against visiting any links by patrickjburt and kylepmorris5.
Neither of them actually have any characters ingame.
-Dunkmaestro