Is it worth it?

Newcomers of all levels are welcomed with their questions. There are always helpful and knowledgeable people ready to share some of their wisdom.
mike1097

Is it worth it?

#1 » Post by mike1097 » 01 May 2016 22:43

Hello Guys,

Me and my friends are looking for a new home. With the recently shut down of nostalrius we lost ours.
So I found this server and I think the concept is very interesting.
But to be honest, I have some concerns. Please help me finding answers.

Does it really work? I could imagine that the raids were not played because there are not enoug players?
Is it worth to join now? The Server is already put now for a while and i guess I wont be part of any classic content till I hit 60 I guess. How long will the content last? Will it be rushed without looking at the players needs?

And my last and most important question. How is the community? I'm looking for something to meet new interesting People and to have a lot of fun with. Helpful people that want to relax as much as I do.

Please help me. I'm feeling lost somehow.

Nymunne
Former Staff

Re: Is it worth it?

#2 » Post by Nymunne » 01 May 2016 22:45

Hope this answers some of your questions: http://www.truewow.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=32025

Dunkelstein

#3 » Post by Dunkelstein » 01 May 2016 23:33

mike1097 wrote: Does it really work? I could imagine that the raids were not played because there are not enoug players?
It works and the Staff is always listening to suggestions and input on raid tuning.
I think we have around 200-300 players online every evening now, and ontop of that crossfaction raiding doubles the amount of availabe people for any raid.
mike1097 wrote: Is it worth to join now? The Server is already put now for a while and i guess I wont be part of any classic content till I hit 60 I guess. How long will the content last? Will it be rushed without looking at the players needs?
The content is released in planned, timed stages (see http://www.truewow.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=34007).
Since it's planned ahead it's never really rushed.
Releases were postponed in the past already if the content wasn't polished enough.

How good is it? That's hard for me to say without being biased, and even if I managed to do that you would probably not believe me. So try it out yourself.
What I can say unbiased though is that even if there are some issues and bugs that can't be solved by the devs, the staff will usually atleast provide a viable alternative (like the quest completer, and of course GM tickets).

If by 'now' you mean 'is it too late' then no, even if you joined after Naxx40 there would still be 2 whole new expansions you could be looking forward to.
As of now I would say that new people have enough time to catch up for AQ40 and definetely enough time to catch up to be competetive for Naxx40.
mike1097 wrote: And my last and most important question. How is the community? I'm looking for something to meet new interesting People and to have a lot of fun with. Helpful people that want to relax as much as I do.
The community is great here. Join today. One of us. One of us.

Seriously though, I have already met some great people here. Also with all the future content you have the chance of actually staying friends for longer than just one expansion, and therefore making some pals for life :)
Aka Funkelstein

Fitzpatrick
Honorary Member

#4 » Post by Fitzpatrick » 01 May 2016 23:49

Hi Mike,
Dunkel nailed it, but in regards to your raiding questions:

Right now you have MC, Onyxia, ZG, BWL, Emerald Dragons, Azuregos, Kazzak, UBRS if we're counting that as a raid, and AQ20 shortly. So the question is, how fast will you get through content?

If you mean, how quickly could you do it all: depending on the raid guild you join you could potentially do it all in a week or two (getting carried by one of the top raid guilds). Im not sure how that would be different than any other server. All that is potentially 40hrs or so of raiding time. I suppose the only thing in the way would be an Onyxia attunement.

If you mean, how fast will you get geared up - even in a fully mature raiding guild, that will take some time. These are 20- and 40-man dungeons, so the loot gets spread around a lot. In addition, a lot of the best gear and gear sets right now are farmed, meaning you need to spend some time to upgrade your gear rather than just getting boosted through everything. There are few quests for gear out of raids, so its pretty much all drop-based at this point.

If you mean, how fast will it take to progress through the content - a long while. Molten Core isn't particularly difficult for fresh characters and there are no real event timers. However, with the combination of very high HP pools of bosses and the healing debuff/mana debuff, if you slack on DPS or have poorly geared healers I don't see you getting through even some of the weaker fights in MC, let alone Ragnaros. BWL is certainly going to take some gearing. Vaelstrasz, for an example, is very unforgiving to weaker geared players. On this server, 25 dpsers will need to average somewhere between 750-1000 dps to take him down before the aura goes away. That's not going to happen unless you have well geared dps, well geared tanks for threat output, and a raiding guild that is also taking down Onyxia/Hakkar for raid buffs.

I hope we answered your questions! If you have something more specific, feel free to whisper one of us in game. See you around.
Fitzsimmons / Bibimbap / Fitzpatrick

dragnmastralex

#5 » Post by dragnmastralex » 30 May 2016 04:36

what? no naxxaramus? pshhh its not worth it then... the funnest dungeon in the whole game doesn't work then its not the same game.

mcheka

#6 » Post by mcheka » 30 May 2016 07:28

It's a gated release/progressive server, that aims to emulate the release schedule of the raids in retail vanilla. It's not about Naxx not working -- it simply hasn't even been released. AQ has barely just been released or is being released in the near future, and Naxx will be released at some point. Eventually even TBC and finally Wrath will be released.
Aurelian the Immortal
<Massive Forearms>
Danuvius of Inquisition

candre23
Donor

#7 » Post by candre23 » 31 May 2016 14:37

Plugging my thread that tries to explain the PW experience, and what you can expect from the server.