Nostalrius Refugees

Newcomers of all levels are welcomed with their questions. There are always helpful and knowledgeable people ready to share some of their wisdom.
Blackwyrm

Nostalrius Refugees

#1 » Post by Blackwyrm » 07 Apr 2016 05:36

As some of you heard, Nostalrius Vanilla server is being shut down due to a lawsuit Blizzard is threatening the host with.

I've been told that the character transfer for vanilla was actually unavailable. Do you think this could be changed for a bit the allow the influx of new players?

Best regards

Nemirex
Donor

Re: Nostalrius Refugees

#2 » Post by Nemirex » 07 Apr 2016 23:02

Nost Refugees are everywhere . On this start zone there is over 100 of them , just for the undead!

It's crazy :D

benzviliran

#3 » Post by benzviliran » 07 Apr 2016 23:13

Nemirex wrote:Nost Refugees are everywhere . On this start zone there is over 100 of them , just for the undead!

omg thats new germany
I am the swarm

diawowwrath

#4 » Post by diawowwrath » 07 Apr 2016 23:28

Ya...i saw the links for transfer were dead. I assumed that was for in-house from beta to live transfers. Although a dude in my guild said on our FB page that he requested a transfer...I have no idea how or if it is correct.

Gnurg

#5 » Post by Gnurg » 07 Apr 2016 23:51

We recently merged truewow.org and primalwow.org, which caused some minor problems for the primalwow services (like transfer).

I looked at the reddit post and saw that they had given the wrong link. http://www.truewow.org/transfer is where you want to go.

The problem right now with transfers from how I understood it, is that it's currently only there for truewow, meaning that if you transfer on the link above you will end up with a character on the TrueWoW realm.

We had a statement from an admin that they will do their best to enable it within a few days, which I hope is sooner than next week. The more noise you from Nostalrius make (i.e. more players post in this thread), the quicker they will be to solve this (speaking from experience).

We should have an offical statement from one of you.
Nyeriah wrote:
Roel wrote:
HAI
CAN HAZ STDIO?
VISIBLE "HAI WORLD, IZ GNURF!"
KTHXBYE

diawowwrath

#6 » Post by diawowwrath » 07 Apr 2016 23:54

Guy in my guild is saying he did submit for transfer of character from nostalrius to true wow...and then signed off again. I have no idea how. The transfer character buton on main page is broken. This page: http://www.truewow.org/transfer which can be found in pull down menus is so awful. It tells you all the private servers from which you can transfer, but then hidden in middle of page it directs you to sign on to your retail account to generate the transfer. WTF.

If someone can figure this mess out, would be much appreciated.

Gnurg

#7 » Post by Gnurg » 08 Apr 2016 00:02

diawowwrath wrote:Guy in my guild is saying he did submit for transfer of character from nostalrius to true wow...and then signed off again. I have no idea how. The transfer character buton on main page is broken. This page: http://www.truewow.org/transfer which can be found in pull down menus is so awful. It tells you all the private servers from which you can transfer, but then hidden in middle of page it directs you to sign on to your retail account to generate the transfer. WTF.

If someone can figure this mess out, would be much appreciated.
I have to agree. The design is awful and not user friendly at all.

Just to clearify. TrueWoW is the Wrath of the Lich King realm, whereas PrimalWoW is the (for now) Vanilla realm. Currently you can't transfer to PrimalWoW as beforementioned. Support for PrimalWoW will be avaiable in the next few days. (Hopefully during tommorow, if there is enough interrest from you at Nostalrius

To use the page, you have to scroll down to the bottom and pick the request transfer tab, where you can choose server and fill in the information. Image
You have to make a game account here on our server first though before you can transfer your old character to that new account.
HAI
CAN HAZ STDIO?
KTHXBYE

diawowwrath

#8 » Post by diawowwrath » 08 Apr 2016 00:23

Ahhhhhhh yes. I see it now. They are going to get flooded with requests. I hope it is possible to verify most of them before it is shut down.

Thank you very much.

Gnurg

#9 » Post by Gnurg » 08 Apr 2016 00:35

diawowwrath wrote:Ahhhhhhh yes. I see it now. They are going to get flooded with requests. I hope it is possible to verify most of them before it is shut down.

Thank you very much.
No problem. Looking forward to seeing you around! ^_^
HAI
CAN HAZ STDIO?
KTHXBYE

Dymond
Senior Game Master

#10 » Post by Dymond » 08 Apr 2016 01:47

At the moment only transfers to the Truewow server are accepted. Transfers for PrimalWow are not supported.
"Grief is the price we pay for love."

diawowwrath

#11 » Post by diawowwrath » 08 Apr 2016 02:26

Got it. I'm totally cool with just sitting on my transfer to such a time, if any, that we can transfer to PvE realm.

reciprocitet

#12 » Post by reciprocitet » 08 Apr 2016 13:01

So on Nost we were able to play on OSX, and I just spent the night downloading the new "local" version of the game, only to realise that it is of course intended for Windows machines.
Anyone got a solution for this?

Naxp

#13 » Post by Naxp » 08 Apr 2016 13:43

reciprocitet wrote:So on Nost we were able to play on OSX, and I just spent the night downloading the new "local" version of the game, only to realise that it is of course intended for Windows machines.
Anyone got a solution for this?
http://www.truewow.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=92&t=14695

diawowwrath

#14 » Post by diawowwrath » 10 Apr 2016 17:51

Dymond wrote:At the moment only transfers to the Truewow server are accepted. Transfers for PrimalWow are not supported.

front page says this now:

IMPORTANT
- All of the current transfer requests from Nostalrius will be processed on PrimalWoW. If you wish to transfer to TrueWoW instead, contact a staff member so we can reject your transfer before it's processed.

So i guess this is going to work out for us PvE folks now? I hope this change doesnt mess up folks who requested transfer between the policy change. : )

Dysphoria

#15 » Post by Dysphoria » 10 Apr 2016 17:59

Nemirex wrote:Nost Refugees are everywhere . On this start zone there is over 100 of them , just for the undead!

where is this ss taken ?
Recken Destruction