Riding turtle mount

Newcomers of all levels are welcomed with their questions. There are always helpful and knowledgeable people ready to share some of their wisdom.
goobz

Riding turtle mount

#1 » Post by goobz » 12 Aug 2015 21:33

I am a level 25 human rogue on vanilla. If I donate and get the riding turtle mount, can I use it without the riding skill? Because it says level required 20.thanks!

.Abaddon

Re: Riding turtle mount

#2 » Post by .Abaddon » 12 Aug 2015 21:46

You can ride a cow at level 1 tho... Who needs the turtle.

Cleofatra

#3 » Post by Cleofatra » 12 Aug 2015 21:48

I think I've seen low levels riding the turtles around. It doesn't go any faster than normal walking however.

.Tomerant

#4 » Post by .Tomerant » 13 Aug 2015 12:32

normal run speed

requires no lvl

Only mount 19s can get and still it's not faster (even with mithril spurs) than minor speed enchant on boots.

Riding turtle can get max up to 6% speed increase while minor speed enchant give 8%.

#NeedForSpeed

Foosbooty

#5 » Post by Foosbooty » 28 Aug 2015 17:35

There is a flying mount that is also level 20, but since it takes 1500 points I'm not sure if anyone has one or if it will even fly since there was no flying in vanilla, but my question would be the riding skill. The 20 mount requires a riding skill of 75. Where are the trainers for riding skill of 75? The trainers won't talk to me and I'm level 24.

Deim

#6 » Post by Deim » 28 Aug 2015 17:39

Since it's vanilla like experience and content we get riding skill at level 40 (60%) and epic riding skill on 60 (100%). No wonder they wont talk to you + you need exalted with faction that is other than your race to train.
TrueWoW - Retired
PrimalWoW - Retired
Rest in pepperoni Crimson
RIP in pepperoni Aftershock
Spokesman of Aftershock in case of any questions/complaints hit me up in game or via PM.

Disclaimer: What I write on behalf guild doesn't always corelate with my own beliefs.

Foosbooty

#7 » Post by Foosbooty » 28 Aug 2015 17:45

So then there is no point to a level 20 mount until BC or WotLK is releaased? I was curious since a previous poster had stated that he had seen a low level on a mount, but I guess he was mistaken.

Thanks. You confirmed what I thought was the case.