Newbie here, ready to explore old wow!

Newcomers of all levels are welcomed with their questions. There are always helpful and knowledgeable people ready to share some of their wisdom.
Vlad1m4ra

Newbie here, ready to explore old wow!

#1 » Post by Vlad1m4ra » 07 Aug 2015 12:53

One of the big factors for me being able to play on this server is - Where on earth is the server located?

If It isn't in North America, Unfortunatly I won't be able to play, since I know a guy who wants to do hard-core PvP. And If the ping is unacceptable, then He'll find another server, and I'll go with him (Which would suck since this server seems fantastic.)

hakimers

Re: Newbie here, ready to explore old wow!

#2 » Post by hakimers » 07 Aug 2015 12:54

Please stay, we need more hardcore PvPers - i am bored all the time!

.ithril11

#3 » Post by .ithril11 » 07 Aug 2015 13:20

Good luck finding a server located in the NA mate. Blizzard ends them rather quick.

Virunus
Donor

#4 » Post by Virunus » 09 Aug 2015 20:31

In case you check this again, the server is based in France, AFAIK.

However, the ping is very good for such a distance. I'm in Kansas, USA myself and my ping is generally around 140. It's not the 60 I get on retail, but its more than manageable. I don't start to notice lag unless it goes over 200 or so.

And someone already touched on it, but if you're looking at investing a lot of time into a private server, I'd definitely suggest going with one overseas. Blizzard can shut down NA-based servers with much less hassle than one overseas. One recently got closed down in the UK I believe, as they were willing to work with Blizzard even though they are an American company.

France is a pretty good bet as far as the server not getting shut down anytime soon, in my book.