Hello

Newcomers of all levels are welcomed with their questions. There are always helpful and knowledgeable people ready to share some of their wisdom.
volatiletungsten

Hello

#1 » Post by volatiletungsten » 12 Jul 2015 03:23

Hi everyone!

This is my first WOTLK private server ever. I am a very late player who discovered the joy of WoW four months ago. I am also playing on <please don't name other private servers>, an excellent Vanilla server, but I miss the love that Paladin received from Blizzard in later expansions. One thing that appeals to me about this server is having to put in the work to level your characters (just like on <please don't name other private servers>.) I am looking forward to entering Northend for the first time!

I am just curious if we have any active leveling guild here, seeing that our population is quite nimble? Or even just someone to buddy level with on Alliance side. My main will be Ironkrieg, a Human Paladin.

Thank you, and have a great day!

Psychromatic: Please don't mention other server names, as it can be viewed as advertising.

belendor

Re: Hello

#2 » Post by belendor » 14 Jul 2015 02:29

Hey and welcome to TW., I'm not that experienced with alliance guilds, but i am pretty sure there will be a guild accepting people who are lvling.

Enjoy your stay mate.
Belendor lvl 80 prot/holy paladin - The original

No need to mention the other paladins.

Best word in west flemish 'toetoet'

mcheka

#3 » Post by mcheka » 14 Jul 2015 08:23

Welcome to the server. The population is decent, and there are usually alliance levelling guilds advertising, so just keep your eyes peeled for those messages on the LFG channel.

Also, since when did the staff start censoring the names of other servers? Even direct rivals, in popular topics to boot, haven't really been censored until now. Just wondering if there was a recent policy change.
Aurelian the Immortal
<Massive Forearms>
Danuvius of Inquisition

Folkk

#4 » Post by Folkk » 14 Jul 2015 09:28

Welcome!

And yea, I don't see the point in censoring server names. I doubt that it will convince newcomers to change server since TW doesn't get as much advertising as <please don't name other private servers> or <please don't name other private servers> (jk).

And btw, whats the deal with that other project (that's supposed to be secret but there was a whole topic about it). Watching both online charts gives me the impression that the guy who said this was right(sadly): "the population will get even lower here, and those will stop playing or simply leave to another server."
Folkk -Subtlety/Combat
Fleaks - Discipline/Holy

BlackDog

#5 » Post by BlackDog » 14 Jul 2015 14:03

Can you enlighten me on this? I am about to check out this server and just cleared space for it and dl done in 6mins...
But if this is about to bomb due to project resources going elsewhere then I will think again and look elsewhere for somewhere more stable.

Cheers,

BD.

P.s where the heck is the avatar option :D It is hiding from me.

Roel
Founder

#6 » Post by Roel » 14 Jul 2015 14:15

We are planning to support TrueWoW for a long time to come, don't want to miss that 10 year anniversary in 2020! If you have questions about future projects and care about maintaining our population, please send me a message instead of discussing it here.

ColdStep

#7 » Post by ColdStep » 14 Jul 2015 14:36

Alliance? Your death is awaiting..

BlackDog

#8 » Post by BlackDog » 14 Jul 2015 16:57

Roel wrote:We are planning to support TrueWoW for a long time to come, don't want to miss that 10 year anniversary in 2020! If you have questions about future projects and care about maintaining our population, please send me a message instead of discussing it here.
We are planning to support TrueWoW for a long time to come, don't want to miss that 10 year anniversary in 2020!

^^ thats fantastic to hear.

If you have questions about future projects and care about maintaining our population, please send me a message instead of discussing it here

^^ I am unsure why you said that to me in such the manner, my post was only relaying my concerns due to the previous poster above and what was said, I saw nothing about discussing such things in pm from that post he made so I thought it was ok to discuss, it obviously is not and I will not discuss such matters again. Cheers for the feedback.

p.s Coldstep? lol,, I will take a stab that you are under the H banner :)

Roel
Founder

#9 » Post by Roel » 14 Jul 2015 17:19

BlackDog wrote:^^ I am unsure why you said that to me in such the manner
Sorry for the misunderstanding, it wasn't just targeted at you but to everyone reading this. When I reply to someone specific, I usually quote like this.

Anyway, welcome to the server. I hope you will have a good time here if you decide to make a character.

BlackDog

#10 » Post by BlackDog » 14 Jul 2015 18:16

Yes I am still in character screen deciding what to start with :D you know how that goes lol.

And thanks for clearing up previous post.

benzviliran

#11 » Post by benzviliran » 14 Jul 2015 18:26

BlackDog wrote:Yes I am still in character screen deciding what to start with :D you know how that goes lol.

And thanks for clearing up previous post.
priest is a very fun class to play and easy to lvl.

if you are not expirienced already with pala than you might want to consider lvling a pala, lvling a pala is very easy and fast.

enjoy.
I am the swarm

BlackDog

#12 » Post by BlackDog » 14 Jul 2015 19:51

I have played wow over many years in the past, but never really deep enough into raids on a regular basis or so forth... I have played many other mmo's as well, have the ability just don't focus enough :)

I have decided that I had never tried a FeralD I always got a short short way into it and just stopped... Not sure why really. Paladin I have played but only in the Cata expansion and found it just hold face on keyboard and reach out and cook dinner with other hand type of stuff :P
I did get high level with that though but gee was it easy mode for me.

So I will focus on the FD for a bit and wait till I get much higher before deciding more about it, I like the thought that its a thinkers class I think in wotlk if I recall and probably when they were at their best as well?

I grabbed a nice ui together that my eyes like for time being as well so I am all set :D

http://prntscr.com/7snj9w

http://prntscr.com/7snjqm

volatiletungsten

#13 » Post by volatiletungsten » 16 Jul 2015 05:32

mcheka wrote:Also, since when did the staff start censoring the names of other servers? Even direct rivals, in popular topics to boot, haven't really been censored until now. Just wondering if there was a recent policy change.
Probably because I mentioned that server in such high esteem. :P But yeah, out of respect for the staff here, I will not mention its name.

belendor, do you seriously have that many Paladins? I love playing Paladins, but I do plan to explore other classes once I hit max level. hahaha

My experience here has been awesome so far. Little bugs, and almost everyone I have met is pleasant and helpful. :") Here's to a long stay at TrueWoW!

belendor

#14 » Post by belendor » 17 Jul 2015 02:28

yes i do :^) actually jozef is 80 and i have 1 other at 71 :p
Belendor lvl 80 prot/holy paladin - The original

No need to mention the other paladins.

Best word in west flemish 'toetoet'

Knewklear
Donor

#15 » Post by Knewklear » 26 Jul 2015 10:07

ColdStep wrote:Alliance? Your death is awaiting..
Don't worry, bud. She only talks big (or so I believe I can safely assume). I'll be there, occasionally, if you need help.
Welcome to TrueWoW.