Retail transfer hopeful here...

Newcomers of all levels are welcomed with their questions. There are always helpful and knowledgeable people ready to share some of their wisdom.
Vengeaance

Retail transfer hopeful here...

#1 » Post by Vengeaance » 10 Jun 2015 02:17

Hello good people of TrueWoW, I as many are tired of current WoW status, and I personally miss Wotlk a lot. I have a few questions though. In my retal account, I have lots of lvl 90's and a few lvl 100's, would I be able to transfer any to this server in lvl 80 form? How highly populated is this server? Also, how do we go about subscribing, what is the sub fee, and in what form is payment taken? Thank you for your time.

;)

Nyeriah

Re: Retail transfer hopeful here...

#2 » Post by Nyeriah » 10 Jun 2015 02:34

Hello Vengeaance,

Information about our population status can be seen at our Online Charts page. You can indeed transfer one of your 100's to our server, for more information check our Request-a-Transfer page.

You're not charged any subscription or fee to play at our server.

Regards.

Vengeaance

#3 » Post by Vengeaance » 10 Jun 2015 02:47

Thank you Nyeriah! My download speed here is very slow, but I hope to be joining you guys very soon! This will be my first private server. I miss LK so much, and I see good reviews about this server, very excited!

Vengeaance

#4 » Post by Vengeaance » 10 Jun 2015 03:27

Aha, I do have another question! lol What is the character limit per account if any?

Hansrutger
Former Staff

#5 » Post by Hansrutger » 10 Jun 2015 03:36

Well per account you can maximum have 10 character per realm, just like it was on retail at WotLK (no idea if they changed that later). If you meant how many you may transfer per account, it is still one. You can add multiple ingame accounts to "Vengeaance" forum account, and add multiple characters but you can only have 10 per account on the same realm. Many players have multiple ingame accounts which is fully allowed. For instance I have my main account with my main character. Then I have an ingame account that only holds my guild banks, just so I can dualbox seeing my guild vault at the same time as being on my main character.

TL;DR - 10 characters per realm and in this case, per account.
Retired

I'd say that trying is the best one can do in order to higher themselves from the people crying and only complaining. Whilst you try, it doesn't mean it is always going to be the most successful result but I'd like to think that it is still a better choice than standing idle.

TrueWoW main: Palamaster

Etro
Honorary Member

#6 » Post by Etro » 10 Jun 2015 03:41

Hansrutger wrote:Well per account you can maximum have 10 character per realm, just like it was on retail at WotLK (no idea if they changed that later). If you meant how many you may transfer per account, it is still one. You can add multiple ingame accounts to "Vengeaance" forum account, and add multiple characters but you can only have 10 per account on the same realm. Many players have multiple ingame accounts which is fully allowed. For instance I have my main account with my main character. Then I have an ingame account that only holds my guild banks, just so I can dualbox seeing my guild vault at the same time as being on my main character.

TL;DR - 10 characters per realm and in this case, per account.
I think he meant how many characters are allowed to be transferred.

I think the answer is only 1 if you're coming from retail.
"With life, no matter what you do, you are all in. This is going to kill you. Might as well play the most magnificent game you can while you're waiting, because... Do you have anything better to do? Really?"

Vengeaance

#7 » Post by Vengeaance » 10 Jun 2015 04:21

Thank you guys. I was actually referring to character limit per account, not transfers. Sorry for the confusion.

I would really like to find an active raiding guild once I can play here. But I look forward to starting from scratch and leveling also. So given this is based off the last patch of LK, is there a dungeon finder? If so, what are queue times like for these, as well as for BG's ?
Last edited by Vengeaance on 10 Jun 2015 11:00, edited 1 time in total.

MerelyASetback
Donor

#8 » Post by MerelyASetback » 10 Jun 2015 06:35

There's a dungeonfinder (only for 5 mans).

While leveling, finding a dungeon is pretty common during peaktimes, even as a dps. Not during those, there can be quite long queue times unless you're a tank or a healer. If you could find the other role to queue up with together though, you would get a lot of dungeons even on off times.

Bg's during leveling are also quite common, especially at the common twinking levels.

Vengeaance

#9 » Post by Vengeaance » 11 Jun 2015 00:55

Sounds good, thanks for the replies.

Another important concern, I am in the U.S. Is this server good for my location?

mcheka

#10 » Post by mcheka » 16 Jun 2015 19:37

Welcome to the server! Like you, when I started here I wanted to relive WotLK, and this is the perfect place to do it. Population is decent but small by retail standards, especially if you live in the U.S. If you're on the east coast, you'll probably be able to find some raids and a guild that will suit your raiding times, but this server's population is mostly dominated by Europeans. You can always do 5 mans and small raids like VoA or a ToC10 even at the lowest-population times though.
Aurelian the Immortal
<Massive Forearms>
Danuvius of Inquisition