A fun class for a noob

Newcomers of all levels are welcomed with their questions. There are always helpful and knowledgeable people ready to share some of their wisdom.
TheOpethian

A fun class for a noob

#1 » Post by TheOpethian » 14 May 2015 23:37

So I'm looking to start fresh and I can't decide what class to start, I'm thinking either Druid or Rogue. What are your most fun classes?

keez
Donor

Re: A fun class for a noob

#2 » Post by keez » 14 May 2015 23:38

Well rogue is rly fun, but I gotta say i had most fun playing enhancement shaman :)

Etro
Honorary Member

#3 » Post by Etro » 14 May 2015 23:47

For a "noob", I think the best and most fun class would be a hunter. I think they are well balanced in the fun and safety departments.
"With life, no matter what you do, you are all in. This is going to kill you. Might as well play the most magnificent game you can while you're waiting, because... Do you have anything better to do? Really?"

Eisen
Donor

#4 » Post by Eisen » 14 May 2015 23:55

Druid if you have to take one of those two. Rogue leveling is boring as hell unless you only do bgs, and there's not guarantee of those happening often at low level.

Otherwise, don't take mage.. or priest. Those were my first two and if you don't know what the hell you're doing you die and OOM and die more a hell of a lot xD

Noob-friendly classes I would say are: Paladin (Ret or Prot), Hunter (BM), Death Knight, maybe Shaman (Ele) and only then druid. Warlock if clothie (affli) is an option is at the bottom of my "easy to level/get going list".

Of course that's primarily for leveling. Once you get 80 you can 'pick up' on how to play other classes while you play alongside them (not yet as them) and see if there's anything that peaks your interest more, then try that, but with the added advantage of actually knowing what you're doing.
Eisenlicht - Eisenfaust - Shai - Eisenblitz - SyntaxError - Revan - Nugget - Eisen - Necriss - Heka
I SHALL RIDE ETERNAL, SHINY AND CHROME!
bnet: Eisen#2183

Zan

#5 » Post by Zan » 18 May 2015 18:52

Just roll a Paladin and make sure to give it a holy off spec for BGs.
Zan Zanny Zanney

ColdStep

#6 » Post by ColdStep » 18 May 2015 20:18

How2Pro
--> Create Pala
--> Use Bubble
--> #1 Arena, BG, RDF, RHC,

Nyeriah

#7 » Post by Nyeriah » 18 May 2015 20:22

Rogue is hard to level if you don't know the tricks there is, I mean, it's entirely doable, but you'll likely die a lot. Paladin will kill you of boredom until level 60 as that's when things start picking up. Druid is versatile, you can solo most content and kill great packs of mobs by swiping them away plus they have a certain sustain due to passive healing + healing spells, so definitely a recommended class for starters (but the very same thing can be said about paladins too, it's just that they're more boring for most people).

ItchyVortex

#8 » Post by ItchyVortex » 18 May 2015 20:26

Nyeriah wrote:Paladin will kill you of boredom until level 60 as that's when things start picking up.
A friend of mine wanted to try wow as a shaman, and another tard friend of mine almost forced him to go palla cuz its the noob class.
3 days later he got bored of right clicking NPC's =/
Esunna, Feral Druid | Elainn, Discipline Priest

Wilcox

#9 » Post by Wilcox » 18 May 2015 22:50

go get a hunter shooting arrows is always fun

Longi

#10 » Post by Longi » 18 May 2015 23:44

-Disco/shadow priest combination was fun.
-Feral druid, you can solo every mob/elite
-Paladin/Warior is boring as hell, you will use only two abilities most of the time, with prot talents it will be fun if you have friend healer who will lvl with you. Just dont be scary pull all around :-D
-any healer class if you want to lvl only with rdf. It Works fine till tbc/wotlk zones. There is better go dps
-Rogue if you want to "roleplay". Rogue is fun but not all players feel it.
-Frost/Arcane mage combination if you can get a lot mana drinks
and soo on...
anyway dont ask others what a class is the Best for newbies. Every class is great. It depends on you and what you like. You can try every class and lvl up them to lvl 30. you can use all races and all classes so you will see starting locations. And im sure that you will find your the Best.

Kindzadza
Former Staff

#11 » Post by Kindzadza » 19 May 2015 03:03

The easiest leveling for me was affliction warlock. You have pet to tank some damage, fear and so much healing. Not to mention Life Tap if you oom in combat. This is of course at higher levels, but still it was so easy. :D

benzviliran

#12 » Post by benzviliran » 19 May 2015 17:14

pala -all three specs - retri or prot is recommended

druid - feral and balance - feral recommended

warlock - all three specs - affliction recommended

priest - shadow and holy - shadow recommended

shaman - elemental and enhancment - enhancment recommended

warrior - all 3 specs - prot recommended

mage - all 3 specs - frost recommended

death knight - all 3 specs - blood recommended (dk becomes avaible after u lvl any class to 55 and also starts from 55)

rogue and hunter are taking alot of time to lvl and i find them most boring to lvl therefor i suggest to get heirloom items before creating one.

here is a list describes how fun it is to lvl each class (my own opinion)

Warlock affliction ---> Feral druid ---> Paladin protection ---> Warrior protection ---> Priest shadow ---> Mage frost ---> Shaman elemental.

i have about 38 lvl 80 and my first one was warlock which i lvled as affliction and it is really fun.
I am the swarm

Wilcox

#13 » Post by Wilcox » 19 May 2015 21:51

lol 38 80's? holy fuck..

Eisen
Donor

#14 » Post by Eisen » 19 May 2015 22:17

Wilcox wrote:lol 38 80's? holy fuck..
Note he did not say that he leveled all of them, nor that they are all on this server (thus not necessarily x1). I find that people who have more than ~15 toons have most of them gifted to them. Yes Skuzi and Luster, I'm looking at you

In the end all that is just posturing (just because one has a lot, doesn't mean one's opinion is valid for someone else). The dude asked for Druid or Rogue. Consensus seems to say Druid.

But that then reveals the last bit, no leveling period is as fun as that first one, not matter what class. Generally one does not know what the fuck one is doing and that just adds to the appeal. (Once you know everything, its just a matter of efficiency, not enjoyment - the faster you can get 80 the better) My first leveler was a mage, it took forever and I screwed up everything I could - it also was the most fun I've ever had in this bloody-long winded game.
Eisenlicht - Eisenfaust - Shai - Eisenblitz - SyntaxError - Revan - Nugget - Eisen - Necriss - Heka
I SHALL RIDE ETERNAL, SHINY AND CHROME!
bnet: Eisen#2183

benzviliran

#15 » Post by benzviliran » 20 May 2015 01:31

Eisen wrote:
Wilcox wrote:lol 38 80's? holy fuck..
Note he did not say that he leveled all of them, nor that they are all on this server (thus not necessarily x1). I find that people who have more than ~15 toons have most of them gifted to them. Yes Skuzi and Luster, I'm looking at you

In the end all that is just posturing (just because one has a lot, doesn't mean one's opinion is valid for someone else). The dude asked for Druid or Rogue. Consensus seems to say Druid.

But that then reveals the last bit, no leveling period is as fun as that first one, not matter what class. Generally one does not know what the fuck one is doing and that just adds to the appeal. (Once you know everything, its just a matter of efficiency, not enjoyment - the faster you can get 80 the better) My first leveler was a mage, it took forever and I screwed up everything I could - it also was the most fun I've ever had in this bloody-long winded game.

I've lvled all my 80 but 1 at a server named spermik which merged with truewow( spermik existed before truewow just for the record) also at spermik it was much harder to lvl than truewow.

over 28 of these 80 were lvled at spermik.

ive recieved about 10 lvl 80 so far but i havent counted them in that 38 if counted its 48 lvl 80 actually.

and just to add i agree that no lvl period is as fun as that first one.

and if u have doubts about spermik than u can ask few players here who followed from spermik to here for example demonscream.
I am the swarm