Can someone help me bit?

Newcomers of all levels are welcomed with their questions. There are always helpful and knowledgeable people ready to share some of their wisdom.
hypocritical

Can someone help me bit?

#1 » Post by hypocritical » 18 Dec 2014 11:50

Hello guys, i found this server just 15minutes ago and it seems interesting but before i download 3.3.5a and try this out id like to know few thinks.

- Is it really 1x? If yes, is every quest working? Or atleast majority of them?
- How many levelers there is, does dungeons pop etc
- Which side has more people, horde or alliance?
- How balanced are 80lvl bgs?
- What is most needed class?
- What abotu role?

Thats few that came to my mind.
Im very sorry if there is spelling errors etc, im from finland so my english aint perfect ! :p

ItchyVortex

Re: Can someone help me bit?

#2 » Post by ItchyVortex » 18 Dec 2014 12:04

Welcome to truewow!
- Is it really 1x? If yes, is every quest working? Or atleast majority of them?
Yes, it is x1, not every quest is working but this server has one of the best systems for bugged quests: You can complete them with a chat command, and there is even an addon that will tell you which quests are bugged.
- How many levelers there is, does dungeons pop etc
I didnt level in some time and dont know how it is now, but i have good memories of leveling in rdf / bg.
- Which side has more people, horde or alliance?
Check yourself here and here.
- How balanced are 80lvl bgs?
Horde has higher winrate, but once in a while ally has sick winstreaks. You can see this info here.
Esunna, Feral Druid | Elainn, Discipline Priest

talmor

#3 » Post by talmor » 18 Dec 2014 12:22

Welcome to TrueWow

Frostbolt

#4 » Post by Frostbolt » 18 Dec 2014 13:46

hypocritical wrote:- Is it really 1x? If yes, is every quest working? Or atleast majority of them?
Yes , majority of the quests are working, and because of the great quest completing chat command you will be able to continue any quest chain without even minimizing WoW.
hypocritical wrote:- How many levelers there is, does dungeons pop etc
I'm currently leveling a new char, during the morning it's a bit harder but most if the time you can get a dungeon. I am leveling a tank, though.
Avala - Level 80 Rogue
Paticrko - Level 80 Death Knight
Caladiirn - Level 80 Paladin

Knewklear
Donor

#5 » Post by Knewklear » 18 Dec 2014 16:06

I hope you'll decide to stay in TrueWoW. You'll have a kick-ass time!

magnus00125

#6 » Post by magnus00125 » 18 Dec 2014 20:42

I'm new too, and there are not so many players :(
And I also found bugs :(
- I'm too demanding :(

Knewklear
Donor

#7 » Post by Knewklear » 18 Dec 2014 20:46

In all honesty, TrueWoW is, if not the best, one of the best WotLK 1x private servers out there. You gotta be happy with what you got. If you want better, do something. I, myself, report bugged shit whenever I stumble upon it. I remember one time, I stumbled upon a bugged quest. I reported it via Mantis Bug Tracker and within 24 hours, it was fixed. All that was then needed was a server restart or crash to finish things up and that only took about an extra 2-3 days. I don't know about your wants or needs but I'm a happy camper, lol.

mcheka

#8 » Post by mcheka » 18 Dec 2014 20:58

magnus00125 wrote:I'm new too, and there are not so many players :(
If you expect that it's going to be exactly like retail - you'll be disappointed. I always had a very low opinion of private servers in general, and this is my first and only one ever. There are bugs, but there aren't many, and they aren't that serious. You may in time not even notice them, but this will never be exactly like retail. However, if that's what you expect - go play retail, no private server will ever satisfy you, because you won't find many (probably any) better than this one.

The relatively low population is a different, and valid problem though, though it's hard for Blizzlike 1x non-donation servers to have large populations.
Aurelian the Immortal
<Massive Forearms>
Danuvius of Inquisition

magnus00125

#9 » Post by magnus00125 » 20 Dec 2014 15:34

mcheka wrote:
magnus00125 wrote:I'm new too, and there are not so many players :(
If you expect that it's going to be exactly like retail - you'll be disappointed. I always had a very low opinion of private servers in general, and this is my first and only one ever. There are bugs, but there aren't many, and they aren't that serious. You may in time not even notice them, but this will never be exactly like retail. However, if that's what you expect - go play retail, no private server will ever satisfy you, because you won't find many (probably any) better than this one.

The relatively low population is a different, and valid problem though, though it's hard for Blizzlike 1x non-donation servers to have large populations.
I can just play another game
Problem solved yeye

Roel
Founder

#10 » Post by Roel » 20 Dec 2014 16:42

Honestly we have quite a high population. It's not easy to get this many players to play any game on a non-commercial server. It's true that the world inside this game is huge and the optimal population would be higher than what we have now but apparently players can still have fun with our current population. And apparently they could also have fun when our population was 10x smaller than what it is now. We're community driven so if you would like to see improvements, then you're free to volunteer to realize those dreams. That might seem overwhelming but a simple suggestion is also a contribution, then it depends on other volunteers if they want to spend more time on it.

Teraan

#11 » Post by Teraan » 20 Dec 2014 17:58

I personally prefer this kind of community, where basically everyone knows each other.
‡∆‡ My Characters: ‡∆‡
Teraan - Retribution PvE - PvP
Teraana - Discipline PvE - Holy PvE
Fatman - Balance PvE - Restoration PvE
Soomershaman - Restoration PvE - Enhancement PvE
Rmage - Fire PvE
Mahkarn - Survival PvE

Demol
Former Staff

#12 » Post by Demol » 21 Dec 2014 02:14

Welcome to the community, and if there's anything else you need to know, please feel free to ask ;)

Kniteknite

#13 » Post by Kniteknite » 21 Dec 2014 03:28

Demol wrote:Welcome to the community, and if there's anything else you need to know, please feel free to ask ;)

+1 , shoot Me a mail if You want, I always have extra materials, gear etc., cross faction mailing is here at TrueWoW , another cool thing~ Have fun , and welcome ;)
" French fries are like steaks, where the potato is the cow and gets cut up, like meat does, only on a smaller scale. "

Fastor

#14 » Post by Fastor » 21 Dec 2014 13:17

Kniteknite wrote:

+1 , shoot Me a mail if You want, I always have extra materials, gear etc., cross faction mailing is here at TrueWoW , another cool thing~ Have fun , and welcome ;)
Hi lm new, can you send me Primodials please ^_^