With account should i create?

Newcomers of all levels are welcomed with their questions. There are always helpful and knowledgeable people ready to share some of their wisdom.
Warrior123

With account should i create?

#1 » Post by Warrior123 » 08 Aug 2013 10:21

So i was looking for mage or warlock, i like them both bec they are spellers. But with one is better?
For faster leveling and pvp.

Raxxo

Re: With account should i create?

#2 » Post by Raxxo » 08 Aug 2013 19:54

Frost mage is nice for leveling and pretty troll in PvP.
Mobs can't touch you during leveling, which is why you can solo elites above your level if you can kite well.
Damage is meh, unless you freeze the mob in place which procs a talent that grants you extra crit. Combines with Ice Lance you can dish out some pretty nice dps if RNG is in your favor.
In PvP Frost mage is pretty troll as I said, because of a fuckload of CC. You also have Blink to disengage once melees close the gap on your ass.

As for Warlock: I don't have one.
But apparantly they come with a pet, which can be your leveling comrade and make those pesty elites alot easier.
Last edited by Guest on 09 Aug 2013 08:56, edited 1 time in total.

Intervention
Former Staff

#3 » Post by Intervention » 09 Aug 2013 02:28

Frost mage can be pretty quick if you are a little skilled. A lot of group mob killing which is fun!
Chicken, Fried Chicken
Send me mail in-game or a PM if you need to contact me!

Myaoming
Former Staff

#4 » Post by Myaoming » 09 Aug 2013 12:42

For Warlocks, unlike what people usually suggest, which is Demon Spec, I suggest you try Affliction while leveling.

Get Soul Siphon and Siphon Life talents (mandatory), apply Corruption on 5-6 mobs, apply one more Affliction Spell on one of them and Drain Life. Use Voidwalker's Sacrifice almost every time it's up. Use Death Coil if you go low HP and make sure you always have a Healthstone ready, as well as a Soulstone for a fast resurrection in case you die. You could also use an instant Howl of Terror to fear a small group of mobs and get out of it.

For low level PvP, just apply your DoTs on everyone you spot and see them falling down slowly. Focus on healing Classes mostly, since they might be the only ones to be able to resist your DoTs by outhealing them.
For Stats, Stam and SP is what you need.

For level 80 PvP, both Destruction and Affliction are viable for PvP. You will see more Destruction based Warlocks since it's easier to play, and performs better in duels and 2v2 Arena. It's bursty and has one additional CC (Shadowfury) which is an AoE 3 seconds stun that has 20 seconds cooldown. Elemental Shaman/Destruction is one of the best Destruction comps you can find out there.
For Affliction, you will just benefit from an instant Howl of Terror like I already mentioned above. It's usually 1.5 seconds cast time (without Haste). If well played and mastered, it can outperform Destruction in 3v3 and Battlegrounds, and some specific duels.

I personally went for Affliction as I find it more fun. Just a matter of taste! Have fun leveling :)
Elder Myaoming (aka Slardar): Level 80 Tauren Feral PvE/PvP
Siforosse of the Undercity: Level 80 Undead Affliction Warlock PvP/Demon PvE
Zibuluge of the Ashen Verdict: Level 80 Human Frost DK PvP/PvE
Inverse: Level 80 Human Fire Mage PvP/PvE
Slar: Level 80 Night Elf Resto/Feral Druid PvE