Event GM

Newcomers of all levels are welcomed with their questions. There are always helpful and knowledgeable people ready to share some of their wisdom.
Longi

Re: Event GM

#31 » Post by Longi » 17 Oct 2016 20:50

this depends on community only, you can have 500 gms doing events but if community sucks nothing good will happen :) Botle had an awesome events on GC ( for Xmas, Underwater bgs, for dungeons and more ) and players liked it, hard to say what did happen on TW

Ancestor

#32 » Post by Ancestor » 17 Oct 2016 21:23

rewards were vote tokens :D

Longi

#33 » Post by Longi » 17 Oct 2016 21:48

Ancestor wrote:rewards were vote tokens :D
it is a bit offtopic :D but do you remember that new zone with few bosses ? :D I dont remember who created this project, but it was fun too ( bosses were dropping golds and vote tokens :D ) there was like hmm 6 bosses ? you had to talk with Naga in dalaran to get ported to location :D

kermo14k

#34 » Post by kermo14k » 17 Oct 2016 23:46

Good old times, sure it was some 'custom content' but as i see, we kinda could use it a bit to get more people interested in the server. Instead of afking in dalaran you could do different stuff,i know i used to farm crypt run all the time for vote tokens :D
Wtfnoheals Prot PvE/Retri PvE
Izu - Marksmanship PvE/PvP
Windcaller - Resto PvE/ Ele PvP
Retired from TW.Went off to find cheeki breeki in different places. Didn't find it here!

Nymunne
Former Staff

#35 » Post by Nymunne » 18 Oct 2016 10:13

kermo14k wrote:Good old times, sure it was some 'custom content' but as i see, we kinda could use it a bit to get more people interested in the server. Instead of afking in dalaran you could do different stuff,i know i used to farm crypt run all the time for vote tokens :D
Pretty much this:
Nyeriah wrote:When he presented his events they were frowned upon by the community, so he left.
Sadly people from TW are not very open events. Or they don't want to participate in them (PW players not included here as they were open and lots of people were active in the events .Venna was hosting). This can be seen even with Dymond's event as not that many people took part on it (at least so far).

kermo14k

#36 » Post by kermo14k » 08 Nov 2016 21:53

Sadly, that is true, people for somereason don't like to have fun on this server. They are more focused in killing 'dragons' (As Xcali says). But we can see that the server is struggling hard with getting more populated. As we approx lose a player or more each week/month(Not saying no gains). The thing about Bottles events were, that they were mostly on weekends and it wasn't much advertised on forum, yet it had quite a decent ammount of participants considering GamingConsortium- where he was an event GM was very low populated.
Retired from TW.Went off to find cheeki breeki in different places. Didn't find it here!

Sagiri
Donor

#37 » Post by Sagiri » 10 Nov 2016 04:13

I`m around since 2012 and I don`t recall seeing or hearing about ANY events (except Gnome run last week, and some guy leaving the game and making a costume contest, or some random world hide n seeks), even though I was playing very actively in the past. So if anyone is planning on making events in the future, make sure to advertise them 1000 times more - to give the whole thing more chances of success and being acknowledged by more players.
` I'm taking it slow, feeding my flame.
Shuffling the cards of your game...
And just in time and in the right place
Suddenly I will play my ace.`

Hansrutger
Former Staff

#38 » Post by Hansrutger » 10 Nov 2016 06:40

^ totem parade/line in Dalaran made by Milanlord. Obviously if you didn't know it, it wasn't advertised good enough ))

For real though it's quite obvious that events can happen but they need support from both players and staff when in most cases none is given, or very little from either side.
Retired

I'd say that trying is the best one can do in order to higher themselves from the people crying and only complaining. Whilst you try, it doesn't mean it is always going to be the most successful result but I'd like to think that it is still a better choice than standing idle.

TrueWoW main: Palamaster

Nyeriah

#39 » Post by Nyeriah » 10 Nov 2016 07:40

Sagiri wrote:I`m around since 2012 and I don`t recall seeing or hearing about ANY events (except Gnome run last week, and some guy leaving the game and making a costume contest, or some random world hide n seeks), even though I was playing very actively in the past. So if anyone is planning on making events in the future, make sure to advertise them 1000 times more - to give the whole thing more chances of success and being acknowledged by more players.
When his events were presented a vocal minority said we were trying to turn TrueWoW into <someotherserver> with "retarded" find the GM events etc. These members were also coercing others to speak up against it and there was a major discontentment about it. Does anyone remember one thread I once made to see what people thought of events? I don't know where did it go to.

But yeah, after seeing so many people voicing themselves against it we concluded that TrueWoW players really didn't want any events to be going on and dismissed Bottle.

I do however believe that times change and I don't really see that as something set in stone so I personally don't mind if we would like to give a second chance to events. I never saw any harm in them, even Blizzard knows that they need something more to add to the game in order to make it interesting (just look at how many events have they added to the game and now the daily events at 7.2 as well).

kermo14k

#40 » Post by kermo14k » 10 Nov 2016 11:00

Well Nyeriah, times have changed. Maybe it is time to ask again how people feel about events from a designated Event GM. Because farming only 2 raid gets dull and boring very soon.

Gnurg

#41 » Post by Gnurg » 10 Nov 2016 11:27

You can whine all you want, but if you want something to happen, you have to put some effort into itself. I know I was really lucky with the help I got for the gnome event with it being posted on the facebook page, staff spreading the rumor and Kurthos spamming the hell out of PrimalWoW... but in the end, I was the one who took the initiative that started it. If you take the first step, I am certain the staff and other players will be around to help.

As a side note, TrueWoW (realm, not the server) is completely hopeless when it comes to events. When I was asking around for people to join, most of the time I got "Fuck you, Gnurg" in return. It's for a reason that we only had about 20 % TrueWoW-players among the gnomes in the event... they're all gwumpies. :|

A good idea when making these events is to include both realms, you'll have twice the player-base and the more eager players of PrimalWoW. Next time, they can join us over on the TrueWoW-realm. :-)
HAI
CAN HAZ STDIO?
VISIBLE "HAI WORLD, IZ GNURF!"
KTHXBYE