Question about expansion set level cap?

Newcomers of all levels are welcomed with their questions. There are always helpful and knowledgeable people ready to share some of their wisdom.
rurusan

Question about expansion set level cap?

#1 » Post by rurusan » 20 Aug 2021 09:49

Hello, so I've been power leveling my account using my sister's account through dungeons (she actually used a character transfer, while I'm just using the 3x custom rate...), and I was going to stop at level 60, the level cap for a vanilla account, only to find I was still gaining exp... so just out of curiosity, I continued leveling to see if I would level up to 61, and what do you know? I did! and now I'm super confused? When I set my sister's account to vanilla, she can't log in, I assume it's because she's level 80, but I figured that would be the case for level 61+, but I can still log in on my level 61 character? what gives? is the level cap for a vanilla account actually higher? will it lock me out of that character if I change it to a Wrath account, and then back to vanilla? will I be locked out of that character as soon as the server resets? I have so many questions~ xP

Dymond
Senior Game Master

Re: Question about expansion set level cap?

#2 » Post by Dymond » 20 Aug 2021 21:28

This is a WOTLK Expansion, level cap is 80. If you set your account to vanilla you just can not access outlands or Northrend.
"Grief is the price we pay for love."

rurusan

#3 » Post by rurusan » 20 Aug 2021 22:47

Oh! I just tested it by logging in on my sister's account after changing it to a vanilla account, and I was able to log in! I swear it didn't used to work that way, but now it does? that's interesting. :o

Lightbearer
Senior Game Master

#4 » Post by Lightbearer » 21 Aug 2021 22:02

Could be that her char was logged out in a zone that is part of higher expansions.