Where do you start?

Newcomers of all levels are welcomed with their questions. There are always helpful and knowledgeable people ready to share some of their wisdom.
kanezfan

Where do you start?

#1 » Post by kanezfan » 17 Feb 2017 14:42

I feel really stupid for asking but I'm at work and can't login so... Do you start at level 1 on a new toon or 70? I see a lot of Vanilla servers and I see a lot of people asking for BC servers but there aren't many and since this is a LK server, how does the BC part work? Do you just skip the 60-70 part and go straight to LK once you hit 60? I looked around and can't find the answer. Or do you guys have BC here as well? I'd love to go from 1-80 all the way through because I loved BC the most.

Sorry, it's probably a dumb question I know :|

KohiiKaiju

Re: Where do you start?

#2 » Post by KohiiKaiju » 17 Feb 2017 14:49

Hi Kanezfan,
There are two servers:
Truewow - a fully progressed WotLK server
Primalwow - a PTE server, using the WotLK client, currently at the end stages of Vanilla (lvl60) and about to start entering TBC content (lvl70).

For both servers you start at level 1. There are no instant X lvl characters or level boosts available. However, there are server transfers available, if you meet the criteria, for free. You can find more information about that here: http://truewow.org/transfer

Good luck!

kanezfan

#3 » Post by kanezfan » 17 Feb 2017 15:51

Ok so just to make sure, if I start on Truewow, everything is available in vanilla, TBC, and LK and characters start as if you had bought WoW retail when LK was live? For example in Vanilla, a rogue starts out not able to dual wield until level 10 (painful) but I believe when LK was live rogues started with the ability to dual wield.

Thanks for the prompt response earlier, this place seems way friendler than others, much nicer too :)

Eronox
MVP

#4 » Post by Eronox » 17 Feb 2017 16:18

Yes! @TW you have all the three expansions unlocked and ready for you with all raids released. PrimalWoW is a progressive one, as aforementioned, and are currently stationed in Vanilla. (Soon moving on to TBC though!)

Indirectly answer: Yes, Rogues have the innate ability to dual wield from the beginning.

Welcome to TrueWoW Community! :)

There's things that never will be right I know, and things need changin' everywhere you go.
But 'til we start to make a move to make a few things right,
You'll never see me wear a suit of white.

- J.R Cash

kanezfan

#5 » Post by kanezfan » 17 Feb 2017 16:23

Thank you both so much! I wish I could transfer over one of my rogues from retail but my highest level character is 92 unfortunately. I stopped playing retail before WoD came out and only got to play 7 days of the trial I got for WoD. At least it won't be as painful to level with LK rules.

Eronox
MVP

#6 » Post by Eronox » 17 Feb 2017 16:34

Aw! Well, maybe you'll get a 70-biased template character if you'd be in luck. ;)
Or even better, if you got a character at some other blizzlike PrivateServer!
http://truewow.org/transfer

There's things that never will be right I know, and things need changin' everywhere you go.
But 'til we start to make a move to make a few things right,
You'll never see me wear a suit of white.

- J.R Cash