Warlock pets

Bobins

Warlock pets

#1 » Post by Bobins » 29 Apr 2018 17:14

Still a few issues with the lock pets.

1. Consume shadows while the pet is in defensive mode makes it run back to the location where it cast consume shadows. So After the cast, and the mob kill, the pet returns to where CS was cast and not to my side.

2. The threat generated by the VW is awful. I am demonology specced and can out aggro the VW with a simple Curse of Agony and Corruption. This should not be possible in any spec. This is an issue 30/40% of the time.

3. Inferno - Generates no threat to speak of and hardly does any damage. It vanishes after X amount of secornds which may or may not be an issue. It used to be that you had to re-enslave it after a minute. Not sure if that changed in any patches.

Ive just specced into felguard as I feel the VW is unusable in its current state.

KohiiKaiju

Re: Warlock pets

#2 » Post by KohiiKaiju » 29 Apr 2018 20:11

Bobins wrote:
29 Apr 2018 17:14
Still a few issues with the lock pets.

1. Consume shadows while the pet is in defensive mode makes it run back to the location where it cast consume shadows. So After the cast, and the mob kill, the pet returns to where CS was cast and not to my side.

2. The threat generated by the VW is awful. I am demonology specced and can out aggro the VW with a simple Curse of Agony and Corruption. This should not be possible in any spec. This is an issue 30/40% of the time.

3. Inferno - Generates no threat to speak of and hardly does any damage. It vanishes after X amount of secornds which may or may not be an issue. It used to be that you had to re-enslave it after a minute. Not sure if that changed in any patches.

Ive just specced into felguard as I feel the VW is unusable in its current state.
The first is a known issue and currently on our bugtracker. The second is a fairly standard complaint up to this stage of the game (3.3.5 and before). Possibly you are remembering how Voidwalkers perform in a later patch. I would recommend you make sure Suffering is on autocast. As to the third, the Infernal is not intended for threat generation and it is supposed to disappear after some time. Its main advantage is that it is an AE stun on cast and is the only baseline pet to have an AE ability. The enslaving thing is a vanilla aspect of the summon which is no longer in game in this patch.

TLDR: 1) known issue, 2) blizzlike, 3) blizzlike

Bobins

Re: Warlock pets

#3 » Post by Bobins » 30 Apr 2018 23:53

I shouldn't be able to out aggro a VM with just 2 dots. I can't even use a wand with the 2 dots. Suffering and torment are always on auto and I can only assume they taunts are somehow being resisted more often than not.

perhaps the inferno should vanish, but has none of the abilities listed here https://wow.gamepedia.com/Inferno_(warlock_ability)

According to this, it should have some threat and abilties and vanishes instead of being re enslaved after 1 minute as you correctly stated.